So how's life for you right now?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What's going on with you guys?
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not much. Work, home, work, home... same old same old :) but I am good. How are you? I've been thinking about you and wondering where you were.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,210Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Me too - glad to see you TNB. :smilebox:

I'm doing really well these days. I'm looking forward to retiring YEA!!!! I'm not having too much trouble with my inner demons (anxiety, sadness over people who have died, feeling that I don't "fit in" etc.).

I'm grateful for all the good things in my life and remembering not to take them for granted.

How are you and what have you been up to?
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad to see you, TNB!

I was thinking of you earlier when I couldn't get an eye shadow primer to work (it had separated). I thought, "What would TNB do?" In the end, I put it in the freezer.

*edit: And today I threw it out.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,715Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I'm healthy, I eat well, I work out, I make a lot of time for myself.
    Work is fine. I'd love to retire tho. After working full time for 40 years, I'm getting tired of it. I'd love to not have someplace I HAVE to go everyday.
    I've been trying to sell my house for a few years. I love my house but I want to downsize to a nice little apartment, with nothing to take care of or worry about, so I can come and go as I please. Unfortunately, I've had 4 sales fall through, all for weird reasons (one of the buyers ended up in the hospital the day she was going to sign the contract. I think she might have died. Sad but jeez.)
    My boyfriend is great, but I do miss the biker lifestyle. Mr Harley moved south permanently a couple years ago. And tho current boyfriend has a Harley I won't ride with him. He hasn't ridden long enough for me to feel comfortable on the bike with him. Plus he doesn't really do the biker scene. : (
    My hair is getting long and looks great most of the time. : )
    And I have a great cat. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Btw, TNB, I don't know if you'll remember this, but Jeepy never did buy those fantastic shoes she saw on vacation. Many of us felt it was a grave mistake.

What's the biker lifestyle?
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Menopause aside, life's pretty good. Nothing earth-shattering going on but I'm pretty content just now.
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,715Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Btw, TNB, I don't know if you'll remember this, but Jeepy never did buy those fantastic shoes she saw on vacation. Many of us felt it was a grave mistake.

What's the biker lifestyle?

I still think about those shoes and look at the pics of them often. Regret. Sigh.

The biker lifestyle is like any other group of people. You have your own ways to spend time, your own lingo, your own fashions, etc. You spend 10 hours on a bike riding down the road with 50 other people instead of sitting on the beach. You spend alot of time at bars. You eat alot of bar food, have alot of BBQ's. You dress in a way that most women on NC would find appalling. : ) I love that life and was made for it. But things come and go and that part is gone right now. And that's ok. I do like having more beach time.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    This also involves the wearing of bandanas on the head, doesn't it?^

Thank you for your explanation. All I know about it is that motorcycle people seem to stick together in often enormous groups, and one lady who goes to the same salon as I do for manicures brings her own color, which she calls "Harley Orange." Oh, and I know a little dog named "Harley" who has a Dad with a bike (guess it's a Harley, huh?).

TNB, sorry for the interruption.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Great topic...

I'm in a wonderful relationship. We're talking about moving in together in April (not unless there's a ring on my finger) & eventually marriage.

Still not making enough money. :( I'm working PT a couple of hours a day and dog sitting on the side. Keep sending out my resume but no responses.

Planning on an old lady makeover next year. I have some money coming in around January & I'm going to use part of it for a breast lift & face & neck lift. I've been going to consultations & have one on 12/2.

The holidays are upon us & still no relationship with my oldest daughter, but I see it now as her loss & Jim & I are cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my youngest & her family. I appreciate the family I have & my wonderful friends who are like family to me.

In a nutshell....I'm happy, but broke. LOL!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi guys!

Good to hear from everyone. Life is crazy for me right now. Our company is laying people off. So far our dept. is safe, but I'm doing the work of 3 people. So that's hard.

I also have to undergo another gyn. procedure soon. Ugh I'm so sick of my uterus. I have polyps and fibroids (still) which are causing crazy heavy bleeding. That was scary!

Work and my health take up most of my time and energy. So that's all my news.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am glad you popped in. You and your whacky threads are missed! I hope everything goes well for you during your procedure. I have known people with fibroids and it is amazing how much the bleeding increases. That is scary, but I hope they resolve this soon so you can get relief.

I am sure the stress from your job is not helping. 3 peoples work is quite the increase but is it better than the alternative.

Please keep us update and let us know how everything goes. I'll be saying a prayer.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can't complain too much; I've been really blessed. Things are so much better now than they were a mere 54 weeks ago. My kids are doing great in school, I'm still working, still have my health (largely) and I have nice guy in my life. It's not perfect but it could be sooooooooooo much worse. Thank you, God!

Didn't you have the embolization last year? It didn't work?

I'm glad you checked in, TNB. It is always great to have you around, and I hope you'll check in in between work and medical stuff. And I hope your procedure goes well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file