What products that everyone seems to love do nothing for you?

2»

Comments

• mustangbunnymustangbunny Posts: 1,033Registered Users
    Thanks for the suggestion, Sixel! I will check that out.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sixelamy wrote: »
    Girls, you need to try Real Purity deodorant. That's the only deodorant that has worked for me. Sometimes I can go 2 days without reapplying if I'm not doing anything strenuous. I've tried them all. Kiss My Face liquid rock is pretty great too.

So yeah, most natural deodorants are crap and make me smell worse than if I hadn't applied anything at all. I also hate Bare Minerals foundation.

I like the Kiss My Face Liquid Rock but Crystal liquid rock seems to work better on me. I've been using it for years. Whatever I use, I go for unscented. The scented varieties seem to make me sweat more and cause odor. They do not react well on my pits.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Fifi.G wrote: »
    Girls, you need to try Real Purity deodorant. That's the only deodorant that has worked for me. Sometimes I can go 2 days without reapplying if I'm not doing anything strenuous. I've tried them all. Kiss My Face liquid rock is pretty great too.

So yeah, most natural deodorants are crap and make me smell worse than if I hadn't applied anything at all. I also hate Bare Minerals foundation.

I like the Kiss My Face Liquid Rock but Crystal liquid rock seems to work better on me. I've been using it for years. Whatever I use, I go for unscented. The scented varieties seem to make me sweat more and cause odor. They do not react well on my pits.

That's what was happening to me too, but I missed the "good smell" of deodorant. The Real Purity has a good scent and it doesn't make me smell at all and has some great essential oils in it. Love it.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • frcklsfrckls Posts: 528Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Piglet wrote: »
    YSL Touche Éclat - did nothing for my dark circles whatsoever. I don't understand the hype.

YES. Spent, like £20 or whatever on this and it's pretty sub-par, bordering on useless
    Ah yes, how could I miss this one. I, too, don't understand the hype whatsoever. First, it doesn't work as an actual concealer. Second, not that much as highlighter as well. I know that the expected effect is subtle, but too me it's "The Emperor's New Clothes" case.

I get such effect with Inglot Under Eye Concealer. It has buildable coverage. I got it in a color a shade lighter than my skintone and use it as concealer/highlighter under my eyes, around the nose, chin, cupid's bow, down the nose, and along above the brows. I wear no other base, no powder, no contouring and my boyfriend thought I wore full on makeup. ;)
    2B/C canopy & 2A/B underlayer
    coarse | low-normal porosity | normal elasticity | low-med density
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Clarify: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Citric acid rinse
    RO/LI: Jason Moisturizing 84% Aloe Vera / Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
    Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    Treatment: H&B Wonder Oil + VCO, Honey-Cardamom-EVOO-Chamomile
    I noticed a lot of people mentioned Bare Minerals on here. It works fine for me but Studio Gear works better. I had gone back to Bare a Minerals because I want to use as many cruelty free products as I can. I did some hunting around and I read that Studio Gear actually is cruelty free so I think I may go back to it. Apparently there is something in BM that irritates some people's skin.

PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Go Red Wings!

Oh and Frckls, my doctor put me on retin-a. So far so good!

Go Red Wings!

That's what was happening to me too, but I missed the "good smell" of deodorant. The Real Purity has a good scent and it doesn't make me smell at all and has some great essential oils in it. Love it.

I read up on it a bit and saw it contained lavender and other oils. Not sure if that would work on me or not but the reviews looked great.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I noticed a lot of people mentioned Bare Minerals on here. It works fine for me but Studio Gear works better. I had gone back to Bare a Minerals because I want to use as many cruelty free products as I can. I did some hunting around and I read that Studio Gear actually is cruelty free so I think I may go back to it. Apparently there is something in BM that irritates some people's skin.
    It's the bismuth oxychloride. It's touted as "more natural" than talc, but the risk of irritation is similar, if not worse.
    Oh and Frckls, my doctor put me on retin-a. So far so good!
    Yay! Great to hear that! I'm sure your doctor has guided you well, but remember to ease into it. And when your skin is flaking, red and dry a few weeks from now, just slowly pull through. The reward is pretty great, really!
    (by GoosefootPrints)

Styler: DIY Okra Jelly / Paul Mitchell Thicken Up / Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu Flexible Defining Cream
    The flaking started already but it comes off very easily. I just rubbed it a bit after I moisturized. I did ease up a bit once I saw the flaking, though. I remember well the dry skin days of high school. Powder makeup on dry skin, ugh.

Go Red Wings!

frckls wrote: »

MAC Matte Lipstick - Drying. What are people thinking, really? NARS and Make Up Forever have much better formulated ones.

That is the truth. I absolutely adore my Ruby Woo. It's the best red I own, and it's hard for me to find good reds, but I feel like my lips are wandering thru the Sahara when I wear it. Gloss is but a mirage because soon after I put it on, I just have a red outline around my lips and the rest is gone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vanished.... David Copperfield!!!

Okay, I'm done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flaking started already but it comes off very easily. I just rubbed it a bit after I moisturized. I did ease up a bit once I saw the flaking, though. I remember well the dry skin days of high school. Powder makeup on dry skin, ugh.
    LOL. Yep, been there done that. My face used to look like it's snowing in the winter. Even with moisturizer underneath it. Being an oily gal, I never though I'd have to look for a moisturizing base!
    frckls wrote: »

MAC Matte Lipstick - Drying. What are people thinking, really? NARS and Make Up Forever have much better formulated ones.

That is the truth. I absolutely adore my Ruby Woo. It's the best red I own, and it's hard for me to find good reds, but I feel like my lips are wandering thru the Sahara when I wear it. Gloss is but a mirage because soon after I put it on, I just have a red outline around my lips and the rest is gone.

Try NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil "Dragon Girl". It's a tad more pink, a bit less true red than RW. But, on the lips, you can hardly tell them apart. What I do is to apply plain ol' Vaseline underneath it, blot it and apply DG on top. Gorgeous red, matte and non-drying. Even if I reapply it after without applying any lip balm beforehand.

Granted, I'm not a makeup fiend and I only have 2 reds (3, if you count a dark vampy red lip liner), but they've got me covered. :walk:
    (by GoosefootPrints)

^ Thank you for the suggestion. I've heard some good things about Nars lip pencils.

I have came across a few rave reviews about Maybelline Creamy Mattes. They are supposed to feel very moisturizing on your lips.

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414628652.050690.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1414628692.771716.jpg

I hear good things about Lorac, too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ah yes Maybelline. Oh the woe of living in the middle of nowhere. I've been eyeing the recent releases of Maybelline that I can't get my hands on. *bawl*
    (by GoosefootPrints)

• sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Any brand of mascara (looks like I am not wearing any, no matter how many coats I put on). And EOS lip balms, people rave about them but I don't care for them too much.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Shape Tape.  I don't get it - why do so many people love this?  It did nothing - zero, zilch for me.  I threw it out.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • AnneCuthersAnneCuthers Posts: 35Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Noxcema Cleansing Cream
    Type 4 hair
    High porosity
    Medium density
    Medium strand thickness

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights