Natural Styles for Older Women

SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello all, one of my sister's colleagues is in her mid-50's and has naturally curly hair. I'm not sure of her texture but it's probably somewhere in the type 3 category and quite thin. Could anyone recommend any styles or YouTubers that might have matured hair styles??
Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    A chin length bob is great for thinnish 3 hair. And they look good on everyone, in my opinion. I just love a bob.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm 69 and have a chin length bob. My hair has thinned, also. She needs a really good cut with precise layering. Nice of you to help her! :toothy4:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It less age than what one's hair texture is like, plus one's head and neck shape, also one's overall style. That said, there are ways to take the bob out of "boring" territory by skillful layering, angling, etc. Inverted bobs work great on a lot of hair types, and the angle at which it's inverted again depends on the woman in the chair!:) Can be done with or without bangs too. Somewhere between chin and shoulder-length for longer layers, and going up from there. This is what I have(with bangs, since my curl pattern is mixed) and it works great on my hair(2c-3a, color-treated, very plentiful, no thinning even at age 67).
  • VirtuecurlykjVirtuecurlykj Posts: 5Registered Users
    Wear any style that you like and makes you feel good. I'm in my 50's and I've earned the right to wear anything that pleases me. Do you, and be happy! Have you heard the song? "I wear my hair like this because I can"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file