Shrinkage

fairyjaefairyjae Posts: 28Registered Users
I want to do more wash and gos but using gel as my styler creates tons of shrinkage I have 3c4a texture...any ideas or product suggestions...

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have the same hair type, and twist outs can stretch your curls a bit. Personally, I don't mind the shrinkage because it means less frizz for me.
  • fairyjaefairyjae Posts: 28Registered Users
    Yeah I do twist outs but I wanted to keep my original curl pattern...but shrinkage does mean healthy hair..I just have to try and embrace it more
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't really know any off by heart, buuut if you go on the Emporium and look under 'stylers', it'll tell you in the product descriptions which ones help to elongate curls etc. And if you like the look of one, just pop back on here and ask if anyone's had any experience with it (or Google reviews).

I do remember a few folks saying KCCC helped stretch their curls.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • BluebloodBlueblood Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @fairyjae weather has a lot to do with it and if you start fighting it now you are going to spend your whole life fighting it.

As long as your wash'n'go looks fine shrunken or stretched you need to embrace it.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I stopped worrying about shrinkage once I had embraced my curl, and managed to find a hairdresser who wasn't going to sabotage my efforts to grow my hair. Depending on the weather (dew point), and how recently I've washed my hair (since it gets drier the longer that's been) my hair can have lots of jump or an insane amount. I just figure that I get a lot of variety in how my hair looks without sweating it or paying big bucks to a hairdresser.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    Yeah thanks everyone i live in Vegas and its hot as heck right now...but I've tried kccc and it leaves crusties in my hair...I'll have to go to that site and check it out... :)
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe you'll benefit from using a hair butter type product? Those are known to help stretch curls and help elongate.
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    Yeah...I'll try that thank you