In flight cell calls, your thoughts?

juanabjuanab Curl NeophytePosts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
FCC gets earful about cellphones on planes

I am not in favor of cell calls on flights. You have the option to move away from someone who is telling all their business loudly in public when you are in an open space. Not so, when you are stuck in a flying tube.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png

Comments

• Fifi.GFifi.G Curl Neophyte Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't say I fly enough to worry about it either way. I do see why people would not want to be stuck on a flight with several people talking on their phones. The more people talk in an enclosed area, the louder they get. I also see why some are for texting but limited phone calls.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm confused about this:

"Thomas Elsner of Wheaton, Ill., said allowing more mobile networks on flights would drive down Internet costs and provide better service than the current Wi-Fi networks."

and this:

"the 1991 ban on cellular service, which was created to avoid jamming ground stations. "

I thought it was an air traffic safety issue.

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I take gravol & sleep through the majority of the flight, so wouldn't be an issue to me.

Is it really necessary though? Lots of flights now have wireless, that should be more then enough!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • TRBLTRBL Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cell service on airplanes is the bane of an assistants existence.. that few hour window when the boss COULDN'T contact you was golden, now poof it's gone. And just so you know, a bored executive on a long flight finds ALL KINDS of stupid things that they need to talk to their assistant about/have them do.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • claudine191claudine191 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The thought horrifies me.

This a good way to make flying even more hellish.
  • PerriPPerriP Curl Neophyte Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The thought of someone thisclose to me chatting on a cell phone for a flight is really awful.

It's bad enough that people can't figure out how to share armrests and how not to push their seat all the way back and onto your lap - but doing that WHILE on the phone. No thank you.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • JosephineJosephine Curl Connoisseur Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's fine and great to have that option.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I'm confused about this:

"Thomas Elsner of Wheaton, Ill., said allowing more mobile networks on flights would drive down Internet costs and provide better service than the current Wi-Fi networks."

and this:

"the 1991 ban on cellular service, which was created to avoid jamming ground stations. "

I always thought that the safety issue had more to do with people being distracted, not the signals.
  • juanabjuanab Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    scrills wrote: »
    I'm confused about this:

and this:

I always thought that the safety issue had more to do with people being distracted, not the signals.

It was signals, but that has been shown not to be true, hence why calls can now be made.

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file