What does 4b hair look like when it's wet?

2»

Comments

• IrisAvonIrisAvon Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi I new to this site,

Your hair pixs are great what products do you use?

Iris Avon
  • bck2blkbck2blk Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this site, but I am so glad I found it! I had locs for about 17 years when I decided to cut them off. It's been about a year of doing the natural thing....what was I thinkin'. It seems like that's all I ever do now.... is my hair. I thought I've tried almost every hair care product out there, but this Fantasia IC gel is new to me. I think I'm sold on it too, I'm going to say I'm a 4b, so I will be on the look out for this new product! I'll take a before and after photo for posting.
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Posts: 516Registered Users
    Hi all,

I'm really new to the natural thing and to this website. AS my title states, I haven't been natural since the age of 8. First the straightening comb, Vigarol, Jeri Curl, perm in that order. I've been wearing braids for 2 years and finally took themout for the last time. I have about 7 inches of 4a/4b hair. It coils when washed and curls using Kinky Curly Custard but I still have lots of shrinkage. I am trying a new twist tonight and if it works for me, I'll take a pic and post. Does anyone know what to use to decrease the shrinkage? Is there a style or a product that is good for it? I'm really interested.

Thanks,
    icon10.gif
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11:
  • Shea-girl-aloeShea-girl-aloe Posts: 280Registered Users
    Naturalfinally

Deep conditioning regularly is the only thing that will help minumize shrinkage. But it may take a while to get your hair to the right moisture balance so don't get frustrated...
    And sticking to mostly natural products helps too.
    4/b with 4/a kinks at the back of my head. :toothy4:

Keep it kinky, curly, wavy- whatever.
    Just keep it natural and keep it you, from head to toe ^_^ :hippy2: :blob4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=hollyhollyrose&view=videos

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/shea-girl-aloe/
  • mwedzimwedzi Posts: 86Registered Users
    marx wrote: »
    mwedzi wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my 4b hair after washing and before combing. My hair is a bit below apl here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/hair/textureloosewash2.jpg
    It looks like you have curl patterns.

I agree with what many have said so far: Most people have a mix of hair types. You can't really draw a line between 4c and 4b and 4a (and 3c and 3b and so on), can you?

no, there's no strict line, like many things. blue can fade into green, but that doesn't mean the words "blue" and "green" are useless. :) i do have a curl pattern in the sense that the ends of the hair clump. the whole strand of the hair is curled and bent, but they do not clump beyond the last couple of inches. for more texture shots, you can look here:
    http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/texture/
  • curiMoodycuriMoody Posts: 15Registered Users
    Mwedzi,
    You've got a whole lotta hair, length and texture. before today I didn't think it was possible to have denser hair than mine (and would challenge anybody). Your pics. are great.

Rock that natural girl,:thumbright:
    curiMoody
  • naturallanaturalla Posts: 8Registered Users
    I've been having the same issue is was told i was a 4b but my hair favors 4a ALOT (pics included) of my wet 4a maybe 4b hair
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    naturalla wrote: »
    I've been having the same issue is was told i was a 4b but my hair favors 4a ALOT (pics included) of my wet 4a maybe 4b hair

Your hair looks 4a to me. I notice a lot of people saying their hair is 4b/c when I see distinct curls.
    :afro:FroZen:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file