And She Walked Out of the Salon Smiling. . .

Desperate for color with grey roots showing I called a curly friend's stylist on Thursday praying I could get an appointment within a couple of weeks. He had an opening Saturday (Today).
Billy, Billy where have you been all of this girl's curly life? She sat in the chair, he gently ran his fingers through her hair. "I love your curls" he said. "Thanks" she answered. But in her head she thought "okaaaay nice opening line". He studied her hair asking "What is your routine?" After her response he said "You're doing everything right but your curls are still a little dry - we need to figure that out". She nodded smiling. He guaged the shape "I think we need to keep the length but give you more lift at the crown" He demonstrates by lifting the top layer. Ahhh - she hears angels sing and the sun shines a little brighter. 90 minutes later she walks out of the salon still nodding and smiling. Granted with a significantly lighter wallet but smiling none the less.
All kidding aside - I have at last gotten very close to the shape that I have pictured for so long. I am so happy with it. Of course I had to come home and rinse out the products but with a few minutes of diffusing - awesome! No pyramid, no triangle. So if like me you have left numerous salons holding back tears - don't give up hope. Not posting pics because I don't want to be accused of fishing for compliments haha.

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, hippiechik! Would love to see pics anyway! :toothy7:
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So glad you had a good experience!! You should post a pic, and if anyone thinks you're fishing for compliments, they can just sit on it. They don't have to read the thread, and they don't have to respond, do they??

I for one would LOVE to see some pics. Salon pics help those of us who are struggling with salon experiences. If some members are too envious to understand that, boo for them.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • mycurlytressesmycurlytresses Posts: 275Registered Users
    I want to see pictures too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CurlTalk App
    3C, CG Method, Low porosity, Low density, Medium Width

event.png

:afro:
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :hello1:Congratulations on your lovely salon experience hippiechick, and the wonderful stylist who knew how to style your curls! If you want to post pics, I'd love to see them too!

Best wishes.:icon_smile:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    What a great story and outcome! So happy for you! Be sure to put in a review over in our salon reviews area!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    How nice to hear of such a positive experience, yay for you!

Oh, and it's only "fishing for compliments" when you say your hair looks bad and then post a pic of perfect looking curls, if you know yours looks good and are proud to say so, then post away!
    3b in South Australia.
  • hippiechikhippiechik Posts: 40Registered Users
    Starmie wrote: »
    How nice to hear of such a positive experience, yay for you!

Oh, and it's only "fishing for compliments" when you say your hair looks bad and then post a pic of perfect looking curls, if you know yours looks good and are proud to say so, then post away!

Mine are far from perfect but they are so much better post-Billy. I will try to get a decent picture. Today I almost did a rinse and go. Just a very slight touch up with the curling iron around the front. It all looks so much healthier. Thanks for sharing my joy! :happy10:
  • virginbluevirginblue Posts: 194Registered Users
    I know I was the one who posted the "fishing for compliments" thread, but I do want to see pics! Sorry about any insecurity I caused in anyone. I posted some personal feelings that weren't meant to offend. So sorry! I would love to see pics if you want to post them. I love when people are happy with their hair!
    2b//high porosity//fine texture//medium density//low elasticity//loves protein
    Lo-poo: SMMR, SMC&S
    Clarifying: VO5 shampoos
    Co-wash: VO5 conditioners
    RO: VO5 conditioners
    Styling: AIF, FSG, gelatin gel, ecostyler krystal
    PT: IAGirl's gelatin treatment
    virginblue wrote: »
    I know I was the one who posted the "fishing for compliments" thread, but I do want to see pics! Sorry about any insecurity I caused in anyone. I posted some personal feelings that weren't meant to offend. So sorry! I would love to see pics if you want to post them. I love when people are happy with their hair!
    Virginblue I was just making a joke. Don't be hard on yourself! The real issue is that I don't like pics of myself and I'm not good at posting them either. But I'm going to try!!
  • mycurlytressesmycurlytresses Posts: 275Registered Users
    Very pretty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CurlTalk App
    3C, CG Method, Low porosity, Low density, Medium Width

event.png

:afro:
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can see why you are smiling. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It looks lovely, lucky thing!
    3b in South Australia.
    Thanks! The best thing is - almost no effort. Can't remember when it's been this easy to get out of the house. I was 30 minutes early for work today:laughing1:
  • dovecurldovecurl Posts: 79Registered Users
    It's beautiful!!
    curl type: 2c/3a
    porosity: low
    hair strand width: medium
    density: thick
    elasticity: low-normal
    Shoulder length

Ready to get back on the CG bandwagon! :iconbiggrin:
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hippichick, very nice! I like the shape alot. Plus I like your color :)
    And dang, it cuts 30 minutes off your time? I'd love that!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
    Hippichick, very nice! I like the shape alot. Plus I like your color :)
    And dang, it cuts 30 minutes off your time? I'd love that!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Thanks Auntie Bubbs. 30 minutes less - Doesn't that ROCK? I hope it lasts! My husband wants to give him an advance for the next visit in case he changes salons (as they invariably do) he will be sure to notify me. He is so thrilled that I'm happy with the cut. He loves my curls. And he didn't have wait for the bathroom this morning! :toothy7:
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Your hair does look great. ;-) I know you're super happy!!
    I recently canceled a hair appointment, not because the stylist was doing a bad job or anything, but because I'm still trying to grow my hair out some. When I do go back for a trim though, it's going to be ALL about getting the shape I'm looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You sure do look great, hippiechik! Thanks so much for posting the pics. So glad you're getting consistent results. It's such a relief to find a stylist who "gets" us!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file