Appt. at Devachan in 2 weeks, very excited!

Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So after almost a year of salon drama, I am finally happy and excited about getting my hair done again. I have an appointment at the Devachan salon that opened here in Culver City, CA in April.

I've had two bad experiences in the last year - one at Cappella in Studio City, where the stylist (who was Deva-trained) did a poor job on my hair, and the salon owner sent me several critical emails after I posted a review on Yelp reflecting my disatisfaction. The other bad experience I had, I mentioned here before, was at CA Styles in Newbury Park, CA, where the stylist called the part in my hair a buttcrack. :( I actually talked to her about that, and posted a nice review after we talked, but had a bad experience after that, and she went ballistic on me when she didn't like my Yelp review on that 3rd experience, and started harrassing me on Yelp and even called me and harrassed me on the phone. She posted my personal information online too, and I had to appeal to Yelp to have her take it down. IMO she seems to have a persecution complex, not believing that anyone could have a negative experience in her salon, and if you write a negative review, she harrasses you.

Anyway, all that to say, I've given up on imitiation stylists :D LOL JK but I do mean that I'm not going to look for Deva-trained stylists any longer. I know there are some good ones out there - the one I went to at Cappella, Drea, was quite good (she is not the one who did a poor job on my hair, that was another stylist at Cappella). But for basically the same price, I can have a Deva stylist at Devachan do my hair. So I'm happy and excited - and if my personal salon drama can actually be over, I'll be thrilled. I just want a good haircut :laughing2: I don't want drama to go along with it!

If I can, I'll post a picture in a couple of weeks after I get it cut! I'm not a fan of the Deva products, but I am a fan of the Deva cutting method.
That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good luck AuntieBubbs! I hope it works out well for you and that you enjoy the cut. :pl:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • hippiechikhippiechik Posts: 40Registered Users
    I went to a Deva trained stylist two times. She was a very nice lady and my hair looked okay but just not significantly better than your average cut. So I moved on. Three stylist later I believe I may have found my HG today!
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks :) I actually really liked my first Deva-trained stylist, Drea, but she still works at Cappella, where I won't go back because of the attitude of the owner. I went to another stylist there because Drea took time off to get married. Life happens, right? :) It was a bummer that the other stylist was bad, and it was very poor business practice that the owner had to have such a bad attitude. i'd been going there for almost 5 years before that.

Anyway, I want to join the ranks of you guys who have had good experiences at the salon!!!
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so excited for you! I had my first curly hair cut at Devachan in White Plains, NY and it was a great experience! Keeping my fingers crossed that your experience is equally awesome and looking forward to pics.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file