Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three

dalitwildalitwil Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried this? I have recently been searching for a good, clarifying shampoo to use about once/month. I just recently purchased a shower head filter to minimize rust and hard water deposits but I do plan on swimming in a chlorinated pool once it warms up and want to avoid neon green hair.

Two different salons heavily pushed this product, insisting it was the absolute gold standard for what I need it for. It does contain some sulfates & DM-cone, but I would wash it out with SLS shampoo and then DT.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on this stuff. You can find the ingredient list here:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fhpd.nlm.nih.gov%2Fcgi-bin%2Fhousehold%2Fbrands%3Ftbl%3Dbrands%26amp%3Bid%3D10005006" class="Popup

Comments

• monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    i'm bringing back sulfates into my life.

bought this shampoo and my hair loved it. for a good clarifying/chelating cleanse, this is amazing. even though it also has a cone, i don't care.

anyone else use this?

ETA: i'm a product junkie and am continually looking for the next best product. this shampoo will be in regular rotation for the summer only (pool season).
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    I have been using this poo to chelate/clarify cuz of very hard water. Rymorg recommended it me and it does a decent job. I use it anywhere from once a wk to once every other wk...I follow it with a DT. Good thing is it isn't very expensive!
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • monipearlmonipearl Posts: 95Registered Users
    since you always follow it with a DT, you don't notice any dryness from using this shampoo often? i use a very small amount and don't plan on using it more than once/2weeks or so. i was surprised at how inexpensive it was! under 10 bucks!
    3c-4b. probably.
    medium/coarse texture.
    (extremely)high density.
    low porosity, normal elasticity.
    co-wash: suave naturals daily clarifying condish with drops of rosemary oil.
    detangling conditioner: tresemme naturals.
    deep conditioner: curly kinks curlycue renew, b.a.s.k. cacao bark, honey/evoo.
  • GettinControlGettinControl Posts: 828Registered Users
    monipearl wrote: »
    since you always follow it with a DT, you don't notice any dryness from using this shampoo often? i use a very small amount and don't plan on using it more than once/2weeks or so. i was surprised at how inexpensive it was! under 10 bucks!

Yup, the price is good! I do notice it's drying but not any more drying than any other hard water poo I have used.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • MKcurlyMKcurly Posts: 103Registered Users
    I swim regularly year round and couldn't live with out pm3!!

IMO none of the cg friendly methods to get rid of chlorine work well. I can always feel it in my hair using other specialty shampoos or cg methods.

I swim x2 a week and at first I used this after each time but it got to be too drying so I only use it once a week and wouldn't recommend using it any more frequently then that. The bottle says that it's safe to use daily on uncolored hair but I disagree. Plus the stylist that sold it to me said to only use once a week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file