We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

3 Sisters of nature

DominaDomina Posts: 75Registered Users
(o.k i admit i am a p.j but whatever i can't use i sell on ebay so the p.j ism is justified) I was in the beauty supply store and i stumbled upon this 3 sisters of nature line, this company "replicates" miss jessie's and kinky curly. I opted fot the "stretch it out creme" for 12.99 plus the 8oz jar came with a cute little 2oz minature.(if this product line has already been discussed i will delete this post).I will be back to share my results.

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Can you list the ingredients please?

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
  • DominaDomina Posts: 75Registered Users
    deinized water, soybean oil, avacado oil, oat extract, gycerol, almond oil, polquaternium 7, polyquaternium 32, shea butter, nettle leaf extract, cetrimonium chloride, glyoxyloyl carbocysteine, glyoxloyl keratin amino acids, methlchlroisothiazolinone, methlsothiazolinone, fragrance.
    Thank you
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    What BSS store was this?

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    Thank you
    you are welcome.
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    What BSS store was this?

Curse you iPhone!!!

i got it at tisun in charlotte nc.

here is 3 sisters face book page III Sisters of Nature | Facebook they don't have a website yet.
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    I heard about them a while on YouTube. I hope their products are wonderful, because seriously? I'm tired of these bigger names taking advantage of natural...

And that damn "Kinks to Curls" slogan just pisses me directly the f*ck off. :o

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
    I heard about them a while on YouTube. I hope their products are wonderful, because seriously? I'm tired of these bigger names taking advantage of natural...

����Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. ����

AfroCurls

yep this stuff is gonna give miss jessie's a run for the money. i was never intrested in miss jessie's but knock off's somehow intrigue me. well the results are in i washed with sheamoisture detox mask conditioned with b.a.s.k y.a.m nectar and used curl junkie smoothing lotion as a leave in then i scrunched in 3 sisters of nature stretch it out creme i have a little halo frizz but i look presentable.
    ^ love your hair color

OT why does everyones curls clump like that at the bottom?? I noticed it on a few fellow naturals

I want some but they dont have a website, I wonder if i can find it locally?
    ^ love your hair color

OT why does everyones curls clump like that at the bottom?? I noticed it on a few fellow naturals

I want some but they dont have a website, I wonder if i can find it locally?

thank you. it's weird that they don't have a website but they posted on facebook that they are now available at local beauty supply stores. i posted on their facebook wall in reference to where to find their products hopefully i'll have some news soon. they just don't know how hard we go on nc.com.
    I posted on their FB from my FB blog page. No response yet.

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    Roots of Nature has MJ knockoffs. The curl cream is okay except it is a little too heavy for my fine strands which is my main problem with most creams. but I really really like the coil creme. I dont think I would ever buy MJ because my hair hates mineral oil and their products are too expensive to have that kind of ingredient. I will look for Sisters.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    Domina wrote: »

AfroCurls

yep this stuff is gonna give miss jessie's a run for the money. i was never intrested in miss jessie's but knock off's somehow intrigue me. well the results are in i washed with sheamoisture detox mask conditioned with b.a.s.k y.a.m nectar and used curl junkie smoothing lotion as a leave in then i scrunched in 3 sisters of nature stretch it out creme i have a little halo frizz but i look presentable.

I can't see your halo, halo, halo-ohhhh! :sunny: Looks good from where I'm sitting! I too really like that colour.
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    I went to two local BSS, no products.
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users

í ½í¸œí ¼í½¸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. í ½í¸œí ¼í½¸

AfroCurls

Really pretty! I have to start trying some stuff because sadly it seems my hair is evolving faster than my stash. :)

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    I got a sample of their Sweet Bounce Back or whatever it's called and didn't like it.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Posts: 448Registered Users

AfroCurls

*Swoons* Your hair looks delicious!
    thank you, that was a great hair day.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I found these products in one of my local BSS, so I definitely will be trying them out. I already tried KCCC and I didn't like it so I probably won't be purchasing the Gelo, but I do want to try the Stretch Out Creme and Sweet Bounce Back.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    SO of course I found these at the BSS today when I went to pick up a jar of Fantasia IC gel. I brought theCurly Whip Pudding (knock off of the MJ Curly Pudding), and got lots of samples of the curly gelo (KCCC knock off), the stretch it out creme (MJ stretch silking creme), and the Once a week treatment (MJ Rapid Recovery Treatment).

I plan to test over the coming days and report back.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KetchupKetchup Posts: 375Registered Users
    SO of course I found these at the BSS today when I went to pick up a jar of Fantasia IC gel. I brought theCurly Whip Pudding (knock off of the MJ Curly Pudding), and got lots of samples of the curly gelo (KCCC knock off), the stretch it out creme (MJ stretch silking creme), and the Once a week treatment (MJ Rapid Recovery Treatment).

I plan to test over the coming days and report back.

I'll be awaiting your experience with the curling gelo.
    I tried and wasn't impressed with the hold at all

✌📲
  • _Michael11_Michael11 Posts: 90Registered Users
    so i found the curling gelo (CG)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjta8XT7jjENwc5WQbCjlSPPYUBIcrh6rDDFF7g-jGWiuu8vQ
    at a local BSS. i was a bit disappointed by the looks and smell of the gelo. i was expecting more of a KCCC consistency, since thats whats it compared to. the CG looked more like a thin gel for type 2/3 hair. im thinking my hair was going to laugh at this stuff. my hair is thick, dense, and curly so i just knew this wasnt going to work for my hair, i was wrong. i really liked the results i got from the product, felt like it took my hair forever to dry though and once it dried it was soft and felt productless. i like my hair to feel a bit greasy/silky but i didnt get that feeling with this product however i still like the overall feel. the smell is very loud okay, its a loud candy jello like scent. its kind of over bearing, it was smelling it throughout the day. the scent is so strong, thats the only draw back for me.
    Cg photo1 1st application- damp hair
    20120510_205349.jpg

Cg photo2 2nd application wet hair
    20120510_185623.jpg

Cg photo 3 2nd application Dry hair
    20120511_144452.jpg
    goal hair length- waist length
    I LOVE HAIR!!!
    **My Big Hair Don't Journey--"Please check me out" :nike:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fkingsmith1991%3Ffeature%3Dmhee%23p%2Fa%2Fu%2F1%2FCQ-J0dmftw8" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • KetchupKetchup Posts: 375Registered Users
    Reviewed it on my blog.

✌📲
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    _Michael11 wrote: »
    so i found the curling gelo (CG)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjta8XT7jjENwc5WQbCjlSPPYUBIcrh6rDDFF7g-jGWiuu8vQ
    at a local BSS. i was a bit disappointed by the looks and smell of the gelo. i was expecting more of a KCCC consistency, since thats whats it compared to. the CG looked more like a thin gel for type 2/3 hair. im thinking my hair was going to laugh at this stuff. my hair is thick, dense, and curly so i just knew this wasnt going to work for my hair, i was wrong. i really liked the results i got from the product, felt like it took my hair forever to dry though and once it dried it was soft and felt productless. i like my hair to feel a bit greasy/silky but i didnt get that feeling with this product however i still like the overall feel. the smell is very loud okay, its a loud candy jello like scent. its kind of over bearing, it was smelling it throughout the day. the scent is so strong, thats the only draw back for me.
    Cg photo1 1st application- damp hair
    20120510_205349.jpg

Cg photo2 2nd application wet hair
    20120510_185623.jpg

Cg photo 3 2nd application Dry hair
    20120511_144452.jpg
    Thanks for the review, doesnt sound like a product that I could use, I need a thicker consistency, sounds like the Shea moisture gel, I was not feeling that.
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fparislarue%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
    Bump
  • CandiiMamiiCandiiMamii Posts: 118Registered Users
    I just got the curlJelo this weekend and yes the smell is strong. I can see it smelling like candy but to me it smells like freshly crushed cherries.

The first ingredients are water and glycerin so if your hair likes glycerin I say go for it. Besides that its just a bunch of oils and extracts, no proteins. So to me its a leave-in/sealant more so than a styler.

KCCC has hold and therefore made my hair clump, whereas the only reason this Jelo gives me a similar 'wet look' is because the glycerin keeps my hair wet.

My advice is that "Jelo" is possibly a misnomer, because it doesn't have any holding ingredients.

I need to try it on a wash and go before I can say if I like it or not. My hair is fully dry right now and I do smell it when I run my hand over my hair. I applied 2 fingers scoop to dampened second day hair.

:dontknow:
    parislarue wrote: »
    Thanks for the review, doesnt sound like a product that I could use, I need a thicker consistency, sounds like the Shea moisture gel, I was not feeling that.

Yes it is similar to the SM gel in consistency and hold, however it is not sticky. I :angry5: hate that stickiness of SM
    I just got the curlJelo this weekend and yes the smell is strong. I can see it smelling like candy but to me it smells like freshly crushed cherries.

The first ingredients are water and glycerin so if your hair likes glycerin I say go for it. Besides that its just a bunch of oils and extracts, no proteins. So to me its a leave-in/sealant more so than a styler.

KCCC has hold and therefore made my hair clump, whereas the only reason this Jelo gives me a similar 'wet look' is because the glycerin keeps my hair wet.

My advice is that "Jelo" is possibly a misnomer, because it doesn't have any holding ingredients.

I need to try it on a wash and go before I can say if I like it or not. My hair is fully dry right now and I do smell it when I run my hand over my hair. I applied 2 fingers scoop to dampened second day hair.

:dontknow:

okay not sure if I still need to practice with it more to make it work but for now I am going to set it aside, not impressed. :sleepy1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file