We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Knot today comparable leave-in

Lovelycurls27Lovelycurls27 Posts: 3Registered Users
Any suggestions on leave-in conditioners that are comparable to Kinky Curly's Knot Today? I need a 32oz leave-in and they are currently not offering that size. (At this rate I'm buying their 8oz bottle every 2 weeks...) All Suggestions greatly appreciated!! (Silicone, paraban, & sulfate free please)

Comments

• AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    One that you can find on the ground, that is EXCELLENT, is Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. I find that the spray pump is stupid because the leave in is thicker than for a pump. I emailed the company and begged them to replace the spray pump with a real pump. I took the spray pump off mine, and replaced with another empty leave in bottle's pump.

It can be found at Target and CVS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Around $6 or $7 for 8oz. GREAT stuff.

I believe they sell a larger size on the Taliah Waajid website.
  • Lovelycurls27Lovelycurls27 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'm eager to try it :)
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Posts: 99Registered Users
    One that you can find on the ground, that is EXCELLENT, is Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier. I find that the spray pump is stupid because the leave in is thicker than for a pump. I emailed the company and begged them to replace the spray pump with a real pump. I took the spray pump off mine, and replaced with another empty leave in bottle's pump.

It can be found at Target and CVS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Around $6 or $7 for 8oz. GREAT stuff.

I believe they sell a larger size on the Taliah Waajid website.

I second this!!!!!!

My hair wets when water touches it !;-)
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • CurlieJayCurlieJay Posts: 24Registered Users
    Any suggestions on leave-in conditioners that are comparable to Kinky Curly's Knot Today? I need a 32oz leave-in and they are currently not offering that size. (At this rate I'm buying their 8oz bottle every 2 weeks...) All Suggestions greatly appreciated!! (Silicone, paraban, & sulfate free please)

My hair loved the KCKT. But i just could not love the price of that little bottle. Now I use Giovanni's direct leave in. My hair loves it. And a little goes a long way for me. They sell them in a liter size. I heard that you can get it on the ground at TJ Max in the liter size. Its 12 dollars. Or online. I buy mine only because idk where a tj max is lol. But maybe if you want to test it out you can get the 8 ounce. Its like 8 dollars.
  • AntoniaAntonia Posts: 68Registered Users
    I think that Abba pure gentle conditioner is very comparable. It is pricey but Ulta has it on sale a few times a year at $15 for a litre. The first time I tried it I bought it on Amazon for $25/26 including shipping. So maybe when it is on sale again, you should give it a try.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Antonia wrote: »
    I think that Abba pure gentle conditioner is very comparable. It is pricey but Ulta has it on sale a few times a year at $15 for a litre. The first time I tried it I bought it on Amazon for $25/26 including shipping. So maybe when it is on sale again, you should give it a try.
    From the ingredients I was able to obtain online, it does not appear to be paraben free. Can someone confirm this? I know companies often change their formulations but this one has had parabens for its last couple of formulas.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The closet I have found is the Giovanni Direct Leave-In.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter