So, my daughter wants to meet me. (with wedding pics 5/7/11

Comments

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your daughter was a stunning bride- congrats to her!! And you, redceltic, look incredible!! At the risk of repeating others, you and your daughter look like sisters and yep- you and your boyfriend barely look 30.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, my boyfriend is barely 30, lol. He's 32. I'm 41.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Starmie wrote: »
    Beautiful photo's, so nice that you all could be there and without any awkwardness. You must be very special people to be able to do that. Congratulations all round.

+1
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, my boyfriend is barely 39, lol. He's 32. I'm 41.

:headbang:
    Dude is tall! :toothy9:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Well, my boyfriend is barely 39, lol. He's 32. I'm 41.

:headbang:
    Dude is tall! :toothy9:

I mis typed. Lol. Meant to say barely 30.

Yeah, he's tall. I'm 5'10" in those heels and still look short.

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I showed the pictures to DH and asked him to guess your age "Hmmm, late 20's maybe..." and when I told him he said "Woah, no way!" :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, congratulations! Looks like it was a lovely day. Thanks for sharing your story - and pics! :)
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Both you and your daughter look lovely. I'm glad you had a good day. Thanks for sharing the pics!
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • jcejce Posts: 512Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

OK, what's your secret? You look fabulous and way younger than 41!

Oh, and the dress looks good on you too!
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Repeating what others have said: you are both beautiful and look like sisters! :) Your outfit came out perfectly, good job! And of course the hair looks wonderful, as always.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh yeah, cute BF! You make a nice couple. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Nessy wrote: »
    When I saw the first pic of you and your BF, I thought to myself "why isn't her daughter wearing a wedding dress?". Then I realized it was you! You look young! (I don't mean that as an insult - you look fabulous).

Very great photos! You both look lovely.
    lol...I thought the same thing! You got some good genes, mama!

Nessy wrote: »
    Very great photos! You both look lovely.
    Yes, you do!

I had the same thought! Lovely happy pictures. All the best to both of you!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Kudos to all the families for making it such a special day for your daughter. She's very lucky to have so much love from so many. Congrats...you and your daughter are gorgeous, and your BF is hot! :)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    frau's thoughts while viewing rcc's new wedding pics:
    oh, aren't they cute.
    i guess they're getting married at the courthouse since she's not wearing a wedding dress.
    wait a minute....if that's the bride, then who???
    no, that's not rcc....is it?
    then who is that guy?
    wait, read frau, READ!
    oh....he's cute.
    i wonder if they can get back together, they look like they would make a good couple.
    oh...doesn't her daughter look just like her?
    i wonder how old rcc was when she had her??
    i guess rcc was really young...like 15 because they look the same age.
    i better not ask how old she was when she had her because that would be rude.
    41??? (looks back at pics to find old people flaws...finds none)
    oh-em-gee, her hair is gor-geous! so pretty...i wonder if she used kinky curly pudding?
    what? a 30 year old boyfriend?!
    well, of course she looks 30 years old herself.
    i wonder why he didn't come?
    then again....i guess enough was going on already.
    looking forward to more pics!

congrats rcc!! and may your first grandchild be a masculine one!
    (just kidding, it was from the godfather)
    Wow, so many posts. It makes it even happier to be able to share it all here.

Wile E, the BF is the same height and weight as Roethlisberger. :lol: I thought you would enjoy that.

Oddly, he is the first tall blonde I have dated since I dated the biodad, who is a tall blonde. BFs curls are what first caught my eye.

The hair do was really easy. A ton of KCCC and a simple style from the Strictly Curls book that I love and some cute flowers from etsy.

I'm a big sunscreen user. I mean, look at those legs. I am pale! That, along with lucky genes and some great skin care tips from RCW have been really helpful as far as skin aging stuff goes. Spring1, gotta love your husband.

I'm really glad for the outfit help I had on my outfit thread. I'm glad I went with the yellow shoes.

OBB, your Sirin will be quite the beautiful and charming woman with many suitors. I don't envy you. ;)

It was interesting to see all sides of the birth and adoptive families there, along the groom's family. It all seemed to mesh well. People did have questions and wanted to relate stories that I missed. I was really greatful to heat more stories of all those years that I missed, a bit sad to feel all those years that I missed, and happy that she did have those good years, because I couldn't have given her that at that point in my life. Crap, I was 16 and pregnant before MTV made it fashionable, I couldn't cope.

I got to talk more with biodad to compare what it was like those first few years. I pretty much shut down during the first year post partum and so we never really got to process any of that. It was nice to compare stories, share that, and feel some closure from it. I really like his wife (he married for the first time a year ago) and they got along pretty well with my BF. The only one a bit off was the biodad's mom. She was polite as the occasion required, but mostly standoffish and aloof. She wanted me and biodad to marry, and I was very agaisnt it.

I also spent a lot of time talking to her adoptive parents' families. They all have been super wonderful, with none of the horror stories one reads about. I am so glad that she has such a great family on both sides of her adoptive family tree.

It was also nice to have my GF and my parents with me. I may be 41, but I felt the need to have my parents with me.

The groom's mother thanked me many times for the decision I made. She was sweet, and it was nice of her to acknowledge my decision.

The reception was dry because the groom's parents are very religious and against having alcohol present. Luckily, the reception was at a Lodge in a reception room. There was a bar the next room over. I did have two beers while waiting for the bride and groom to arrive from their post ceremony photos. It did take the nervous edge off!

The adoptive mom sent me a nice message on Facebook today.

I'm glad that the whole experience has been so positive. It feels like a Lifetime movie (without the abusive man) or an Oprah show.

She put a very moving note in the Bride's Thank You section of the program to me and biodad. It was a nice and classy touch for her to mention her happiness in finding her birth family while thanking her adoptive family in their own section for all the love the have shown in raising her.

I'll probably have more once it all isn't spinning in my head so much... :)

Yeah, that hug picture makes me all teary. I had to watch the hug so I didn't smash the big dress, lol.

Frau, I soooo love you. :)

I got confused once or so. The BF did come to the wedding with me. I just had someone take a picture of us since he wasn't family or wedding party, so didn't have a place in "official" photos.

Well, I think the photographer did get one of us at the reception.

I got one of him while waiting for the reception to start because his curls looked nice though looser than normal.

c6e4e149-6431-ebf9.jpg

I had her at 17, got pregnant at 16. She's 24 now.

Heck yeah, I used Kinky Curly. I can't function without that stuff! :)

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    what a nice day and photos...i've enjoyed following this thread from the beginning. thanks for sharing!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Love it!

He is a cutie and you guys make a great looking couple.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Fantastic story, accompanied by beautiful photos. It should be a hallmark movie! Congrats, RCC!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Love the pictures! Your daughter looks gorgeous -- and so do you. (Your BF is very handsome!!)
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I think frau got confused and thought BF was birth father? It's RCC and the boyfriend in first pic. Birth father in the other pic with the bride.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You look gorgeous and it is such a sweet story.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    You look beautiful and happy!

I can't believe no one's commented on the "grandkids in 5 years" thing. You are going to be one hot grandma. :)
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,765Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Beautiful pictures!

This is THE MOST amazing/beautiful story ever. I love it.
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you so much for continuing to share this with all of us. You both look absolutely fantastic.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I showed the pictures to DH and asked him to guess your age "Hmmm, late 20's maybe..." and when I told him he said "Woah, no way!" :lol:

Um... yeah, RCC you look like you're possibly younger than me and I just turned 28... I seriously would peg you at like 26 if I passed you on the street. lol
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I couldn't see any of the wedding pictures, but I did see the back of your hair and the boyfriend (have no idea why I can see those). Anyway, your hair is beautiful and the BF is pretty hot too!
    sdc wrote: »
    I couldn't see any of the wedding pictures, but I did see the back of your hair and the boyfriend (have no idea why I can see those). Anyway, your hair is beautiful and the BF is pretty hot too!

I uploaded the back of the hair and the boyfriend-at-the-bar via iPhone. I uploaded the wedding pics on a desktop. That might be the difference.

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What gorgeous pictures! You look beautiful. :)
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Saria wrote: »
    I think frau got confused and thought BF was birth father? It's RCC and the boyfriend in first pic. Birth father in the other pic with the bride.
    wait...so the first pic is not bride and groom or rcc and birth father?

it's rcc and new young hottie, lol.
    ooooooooooh!
    well, thank you saria.
    (she understands me, lol)

well, thank goodness because i just thought, what a lovely couple. they should be together.
    and you are, yay. :love7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file