I just told my boss off in an e-mail...

slinky1slinky1 BannedPosts: 1,612Banned Users
Well, actually, I e-mailed my supervisor that I wouldn't be in, and basically told her that if our manager had a problem with it, she could think back to when she did
1. ******* Thing 1
2. ******* Thing 2
3. ******* Thing 3

So, basically, I'm just aching to be fired. I should expect that they'll mail my belongings to me this afternoon after they deactivate my key card.
;)

Comments

• MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    ....Is that a good thing? If so, way to quite like a boss.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    If you're looking to get fired and your boss is anything like my previous one, you might have just did yourself a huge favor.

I woke-up literally not able to hold-up my head. (Every so often, I will run a very high fever...it was almost 104 that day, add a bad onset of my period to it.) I texted my boss' assistant that I wouldn't be in and that I'd try to check my email later but I couldn't even hold-up my head.

I slept for six hours (I really WAS SICK) and had messages on my phone when I woke-up. This CRAZY woman I work with told me to call her, I called her back and she said, "You KNOW you're FIRED, right? You didn't check your email?"

"No, because I can barely move..."

This email was waiting for me...(keep in mind I worked for him for three years and did pretty much everything for him and everybody I had to deal with loved me.)

CIBC,

You have been working here for several years and, on numerous occasions, I have asked you all to keep me informed when you would not be in. This morning, I was notified of your absence secondhand.

You have worked very hard here, but perhaps it is time for you to move on. Your final date of employment in this office will be November 18th. I will be giving you two weeks pay from that date.

Sincerely,
    ******* Mentally Unstable Boss
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,773Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    So, have you been back to work or did they send you your personal items?
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah! What happened?
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    this must be "supervisors have lost their fcking minds" week.
    i have so many vacation days that i cannot collect them anymore.
    i am always here, my family jokes that i work on a plantation.

i often feel like i do the work of 4 techs but they pay me for the price of a 1/2 a tech.

anyway-so there has been a death in my family.
    i told my supervisor that i have to take two days off next week; one to attend the funeral and the next day there will most likely be an event to attend and i'll also have to drive people to the airport as family will be staying with me from out of town.

do you know what she said? in a snippy tone, "well i guess i just need to cancel my vacation next week and come in to do your work for you."

i just looked at her.

she went on and on.
    i just sent her my leave request through email and that was it.

the nerve? what happened to, "oh i'm sorry, who died?"
    Is this why you're looking for a new job?

People can be such a-holes. Sorry, Frau.
    ninja dog wrote: »

actually, she was acting crazy earlier this week.

so this week i was scheduled to do A, B and C.
    experiment A will take the entire week.
    so monday i was not able to start on A because the big boss asked me to do something else as well as 2 or 3 things came up.
    at the end of the day i explained to my supervisor that i was one day off of schedule.
    it shouldn't matter because my results weren't expected until friday.

anyway my supervisor meets me at my lab door when i come in on tuesday.
    i'm like, "hi supervisor!"
    then like a crazed person she tells me that my boss is very upset with me because i didn't do my experiment yesterday.
    i was thinking she must be uninformed so i explained that he asked me to do something else.
    she said, "he had no idea that you were doing that project INSTEAD of experiment A and do you know that members of the CDC came here and he was embarrassed because he had no data to show them."
    it was 9 am in the morning, even if i had done the experiment, you mean there are people from the CDC that came here at 8:30 am to ask him for data??
    the project i'm doing isn't for the CDC??
    she made that up!!

i told her that the student assigned to our lab came in to start her project and i was training her, didn't she remember that?
    my supervisor said that the student is incompetent and shouldn't be in our lab and that she's going to tell her program committee that this student shouldn't go to medical school because she just shows up whenever she feels like it.
    i said, "she was scheduled to come in yesterday."

then she told me that our thai grad student shouldn't come in to my lab anymore because she's a distraction.

if she had spoken to me in a normal tone i could sort of understand, but she was frantic. she angry and shaking. it was weird and actually she does this sometimes but mostly with other people which is why all of our techs quit.

she left for vacation today so hopefully she'll come back in a better mood.
    i'm hoping i'll be able to find another job.

i don't like working under such uncertain personality swings.
    it's not just that, i have a friend that i eat lunch with and he sometimes comes in the lab and she told me that he isn't allowed to come in anymore because our big boss feels that whenever he sees me with him in the lab he thinks that i don't do my work.

so i told my friend not to come into my lab anymore.

YET she comes in 3 times a day to tell me about her personal life, while i'm working.

it's really weird.
    sometimes i feel like this:
    kizzy+rootsbeing-sold.jpg
    kizzy from roots
    Oh, frau!

She's just nuts, is all.

images-1.jpg
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    kizzy from roots

lawdy frau!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

ive been there i swear.

was about to pass out at work, still stayed, came in the next day, and was unable to get out of bed that sunday which was mothers day.

i always came to work, did the work of the other loafers, and this a**hole decides to send me a letter and my last check? talking about i bailed on him on mothers day. screw you . then saw me at church and asked me to come work for him again.

THEN had the nerve to my dad's funeral and sitting up in our house all nonchalant eating our food. if it wasnt my fathers funeral i would have told his ass to get the stepping, he wasnt welcome. (he knew my brother thats why he was there)
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users

actually, she was acting crazy earlier this week.

so this week i was scheduled to do A, B and C.
    experiment A will take the entire week.
    so monday i was not able to start on A because the big boss asked me to do something else as well as 2 or 3 things came up.
    at the end of the day i explained to my supervisor that i was one day off of schedule.
    it shouldn't matter because my results weren't expected until friday.

anyway my supervisor meets me at my lab door when i come in on tuesday.
    i'm like, "hi supervisor!"
    then like a crazed person she tells me that my boss is very upset with me because i didn't do my experiment yesterday.
    i was thinking she must be uninformed so i explained that he asked me to do something else.
    she said, "he had no idea that you were doing that project INSTEAD of experiment A and do you know that members of the CDC came here and he was embarrassed because he had no data to show them."
    it was 9 am in the morning, even if i had done the experiment, you mean there are people from the CDC that came here at 8:30 am to ask him for data??
    the project i'm doing isn't for the CDC??
    she made that up!!

i told her that the student assigned to our lab came in to start her project and i was training her, didn't she remember that?
    my supervisor said that the student is incompetent and shouldn't be in our lab and that she's going to tell her program committee that this student shouldn't go to medical school because she just shows up whenever she feels like it.
    i said, "she was scheduled to come in yesterday."

then she told me that our thai grad student shouldn't come in to my lab anymore because she's a distraction.

if she had spoken to me in a normal tone i could sort of understand, but she was frantic. she angry and shaking. it was weird and actually she does this sometimes but mostly with other people which is why all of our techs quit.

she left for vacation today so hopefully she'll come back in a better mood.
    i'm hoping i'll be able to find another job.

i don't like working under such uncertain personality swings.

So you are a lab tech?? You have a bachelors degree in biology??? YOu wouldn't happen to live in the dc, md, va area would cha?? I work at the DOD marrow donor program and we need a new tech. My boss is the bees knees of all bosses!!! you would never have to deal with crazyiness from a boss. just saying, if you live in the area, we have an opening.
    empressri wrote: »
    kizzy from roots

ive been there i swear.

was about to pass out at work, still stayed, came in the next day, and was unable to get out of bed that sunday which was mothers day.

i always came to work, did the work of the other loafers, and this a**hole decides to send me a letter and my last check? talking about i bailed on him on mothers day. screw you . then saw me at church and asked me to come work for him again.

THEN had the nerve to my dad's funeral and sitting up in our house all nonchalant eating our food. if it wasnt my fathers funeral i would have told his ass to get the stepping, he wasnt welcome. (he knew my brother thats why he was there)

This wasn't the job for which you walked a million miles in that horrible snow, was it? Because that boss must know you're a peach.
    This wasn't the job for which you walked a million miles in that horrible snow, was it? Because that boss must know you're a peach.

girl yes! twice!! i didn't get paid for it or anything. i just knew we had 5 tanks that need a steady supply of liquid nitrogen or else all of our cells will die.

it's my fault. you teach people how to treat you and since i haven't made my life a priority my boss and supervisor haven't made it a priority either.

it's time for a change.
    thelio wrote: »
    So you are a lab tech?? You have a bachelors degree in biology??? YOu wouldn't happen to live in the dc, md, va area would cha?? I work at the DOD marrow donor program and we need a new tech. My boss is the bees knees of all bosses!!! you would never have to deal with crazyiness from a boss. just saying, if you live in the area, we have an opening.

wow, how sweet! i certainly would apply if i lived in the area. thank you!!
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    kizzy from roots

Oh no, girl!! I sometimes felt like Ma in the big house at my old job. They acted like I should feel privileged to put up with their crass orders, disrespect, etc. I seriously thought I was gonna hear, " Well, Missy Ally, you could be in the cornfields 'stead of the house, child!"

Slinky, it sounds like you needed a fresh break. If you stay in a toxic environment long enough, it will really start to bring you down. I was a lot more tolerant of this stuff in my early-mid 20's. Now I'm done. I put up with crap to earn my experience, and, now, fortunately, I have more options.

It sounds like we're in the same shoes. I ended my job in a good way, but was very clear about what I expected and what was and wasn't happening. It sounds like you did what needed to be done. IMO, it wasn't the best way to handle it, but your manager should understand what is going on, and hopefully will work with you if you really need the job. I'm hoping you have alternatives, though. Good luck and congratulations! :fish:
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    you teach people how to treat you and since i haven't made my life a priority my boss and supervisor haven't made it a priority either.

Amen. I wish we could drill this into the head of all the young women and girls out there. People will treat you how you demand to be treated.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    kizzy from roots

ive been there i swear.

noo this was a job i had in my first year of college.
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    wait frau damn you were walking a bajillion miles in the snow too?!?!
    [/B]
    wait frau damn you were walking a bajillion miles in the snow too?!?!

oh dang, i didn't even notice she wasn't talking to me!
    so funny cause i was thinking, how'd she know that?
    duh!!
    Yes --- I'm confused.
  • jazmine23jazmine23 Posts: 1Registered Users
    You crack me up with this photo. I have been feeling the same way the past few weeks. My boss helped his assistant get a raise and he is not a good worker, has a bad attitude everyday, and hung the phone up in his face. However, I don't complain and do whatever job that is put before me. So, last week mgmt. decided to DUMP 60 projects on me which is a job for 10 people. Then mgmt. got upset because I told them it was too much for one person. So, I ended up getting into it with my boss because he was being unreasonable and now I'm the problem because I did not say yes this time. There are very few people in the company that can do the job and mgmt. just didn't want to get help from the other departments. So, I was feeling like Kizzie...and now I'm a questionable employee even though I always deliver good work...just does not make sense..
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I recently had some crap like this! I've always been an excellent employee. I show up everyday, on time, get my work done and rarely complain. I also rarely take PTO and have always gone in to work even in horrible weather. I took a day during all the horrible iciness and I'm STILL getting sarcastic remarks about it. I also got remarks for taking off to make sure my baby was alright after a fall I took in their parking lot because they can't take care of business. And they've been giving me hell about going to the hospital when my SIL had a baby. Here's the thing it's such a double standard at my job, mgmt takes off whenever they damn well please but us peons aren't allowed to do anything. Like over a year ago my dad had surgery to put stints in around his heart and they told me I could only take off for as long as the surgery lasted, after that I needed to come back in. I'm not one if those people that sucks them dry with 5 different FMLA cases and I never even use all the PTO I'm given. You can bet though with this maternity leave I'm gonna take as much as I can! I'm tired of them thinking they should be my top priority. They damn sure don't pay me enough for that!
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My boss is awesome. It's the other co-workers that I have to watch out for.

There's this one lady......oh, sweet Lord, she drives me crazy!!!

My eyes tend to roll when I see her coming. She's fake. She is condescending. She treats me like her personal assistant/the help. Uhm...no. I said something to her, she kept doing it and then had a student assistant stressed out for fear of her. So, I went to her boss and demanded respect. Just because we're "administrative" staff, doesn't mean we're any less of a person. Sheesh, some people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file