Favorite Make Up Artist?

ScarletScarlet Curl NeophytePosts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
And why?

I love both Bobbi and the late Kevyn Aucoin. They have great product lines and the advice is straight forward and encourages women to embrace their uniqueness.

Do you have a favorite piece of advice that has helped you with make up?
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    Kevyn was a genius. Pat McGrath is also very talented.

The best advice: Less is more and when in doubt go natural.
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    My favorite is actually Francois Nars. He has such a sense of the dramatic and I love the smoky eye/lush lips look. Great unique colors in his line, too. I also admire that he wouldn't sell to Estee Lauder (no offense, but I do not like them owning EVERYTHING!).
    My fave piece of makeup advice: Do not skimp on foundation! If you mess this up, nothing else will look right.
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    Dick Page is amazing! I've also been a Vincent Longo fan since the '90's when he did makeup training videos for Lauder.

Kevyn's makeup is truly artistic but everyone tends to have the same basic eye look.

My piece of advice for my clients----brows! You wouldn't buy a piece of art & hang it on the wall w/ thumb tacks so the same applies to your face. Filling in your brows be it w/ brow powder/shadow, pencil, gel makes all the difference in completing your look.
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • HairproductjunkieHairproductjunkie Posts: 363Registered Users
    I didn't know Kevyn had passed away. That's sad! I thought he was a genius. I appreciated his work because I could actually use his tips/advice in real life.
    GuardianB wrote:
    Southern gals rock :!:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a minimalist. I like Kevyn Aucoin and Bobbi Brown, also.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    I worshipped the ground Kevyn Aucoin walked on. He will be missed. He could make any woman look gorgeous. His looks varied from subtle to beyond outré but they were all great and all signature Kevyn!
    It's scary that I know who all these people are!

Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file