stroller advice from active parents?

hannahjjhannahjj Posts: 1Registered Users
any recs? I am new to living in the snow and this is hard for me to figure out- I have a 14mo old and really miss getting outside, walking aroud, hiking, etc- is there a stroller I can use in snowy conditions? I found on by googling www.snowstroller.ca and it looks different, but I don't know much about it (or living in the snow!)

There is some type of give away, so I guess I can always enter and try to win one :) but I would love to have some feedback!

thanks!!

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I would think that any real jogging stroller with good shocks and big, heavy-duty wheels would do OK in the snow, the bonus being that you could also use it the other seasons. I've not used one in the snow but I have used my B.O.B. stroller on pretty rough trails and it did just great.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Curl Neophyte Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My brother and SIL used a hiking baby carrier until my nephew was about 3. They even used it in the house when he would get over-stimulated at get-togethers, etc. It could be an option for you.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I have never seen a stroller like that! I think you would have to get a lot of snow every year to make that worth getting. I have a jeep jogging stroller and I love it. Mine even can be connected to my iPod and has speakers on it so we can have music..
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had a Baby Jogger brand stroller with 20 inch wheels. It went through EVERYTHING, including snow, ice, and deep/soft sand on the beach. It got me through the young years of 4 children and made my life enjoyable. It was worth every penny.

Like this:

perf_25th.jpg

You can find used/refurbished Baby Joggers on eBay. The size of the wheel is important...smaller wheels won't go through the tough stuff.
  • MagooMagoo Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can also check out Craigslist for jogging strollers. I've been thinking of getting one and just went on there today and found several for sale.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file