this can't be lightning...can it?

subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
here I am relaxing, watching a bit of tv when I start feel the baby moving. after a few minutes I get this weird feeling, almost like a butterfly in the tummy sensation and instantly afterward I can breathe, which I haven't been able to do in the past few weeks. I actually don't even feel like I'm pregnant- I can take deep breaths, I don't feel like my stomach is in my throat, I feel "normal". after whatever just happened happened, she stopped moving. I've been poking around to figure out where she is (like I said, I don't even feel pregnant but I know she didn't fall out) and I could feel a body part right behind my belly button, which is lower than where I have been feeling her. I kept poking at her so she moved and now all of her movements are slightly lower than my navel and even though I can feel her moving inside of me, I can't quite feel the movements from the outside when I place my hand on my belly.

anybody have a similar experience or know if this sounds like lightning?

Comments

• nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    Sounds exactly like lightening to me. Does not mean you'll be in labour soon though, this might still take days or sometimes even weeks.

But it's really nice that you can breathe again, now that she's moved down.
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    nikske wrote: »
    Sounds exactly like lightening to me. Does not mean you'll be in labour soon though, this might still take days or sometimes even weeks.

But it's really nice that you can breathe again, now that she's moved down.

that's why i'm freaking out. i'm still 10 weeks from my due date. :shock:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Do you know what position she was in previously? Was she breech up until now?

To me, it sounds like she went vertex (head down) rather than "lightening". 28-30 weeks is the usual time when most babies turn vertex for the last time. It's the time when the head becomes heavier than the rest of the body and gravity pulls it down, and, since they are getting so large at that gestation, they usually stay vertex until delivery.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    the last time the dr. mentioned what position she was in she was head down. and since she was measuring so large there was talk about having an ultrasound to see if she was big or there needed to be an adjustment of the due date.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    subbrock wrote: »
    the last time the dr. mentioned what position she was in she was head down. and since she was measuring so large there was talk about having an ultrasound to see if she was big or there needed to be an adjustment of the due date.

Prior to 28-30 weeks, babies flip on a regular basis. It could be that she was sorta head down, but not totally...maybe off to the side a little bit...more transverse than vertex, which would account for the large measurement. If you're not having any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you're cramping more than usual, or have any other symptoms, a call to the doctor might help reassure you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file