Hi! New here and hew to being curly! Is this 2C?

hippyathearthippyatheart Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi everyone!

My name is Carrie and I am a mom to 3 beautiful children, two who are curly. I was born and lived most of my life with straight hair and when I had my daughter 5 years ago I went curly. Ever since I have been fighting my curls and finding out how to take care of them. I have always had so much frizz, especially at the top of my hair. I am hypothyroid and my hair breaks very easily. It has been the battle of the frizz ever since!

A friend of mine showed my the Curly Girl book and products a month ago. I ordered some and now have been trying the CG method for a week!

Two nights ago I did a deep treatment of EVOO and honey. Wow! What a difference! I still have frizz froom the breakage, but I am hoping now that they with smooth out and grow nice and healthy again.

Anywhoo.....here is me the day after the deep conditioning.

2010-12-19091146.jpg

Am I 2C?

Thank you all so far for your wealth of knowledge! I look forward to learning more!

Comments

• MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    I'm not good with typing but you have very nice waves!
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looking at it, I think 2B? It's very pretty, are you glad to have gotten the waves? My hair's never really changed much but I had brothers and so far one daughter who went from stick straight as kids to curly as adults. So it might not even be done changing yet!
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • hippyathearthippyatheart Posts: 4Registered Users
    Looking at it, I think 2B? It's very pretty, are you glad to have gotten the waves? My hair's never really changed much but I had brothers and so far one daughter who went from stick straight as kids to curly as adults. So it might not even be done changing yet!

Thank you. I love my hair most days, I just wish I knew how to manage it more. With the Deva products the curl is getting to be more defined. I need help with breakage and frizz though.
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    2B or 2C...depending on which typing system you use, but your hair properties are more important than curl type.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• wavymelwavymel Posts: 34Registered Users
    Beautiful waves. No expert on typing. Just started CG a week ago. Mine also went from stick straight as a child to more wavy in adulthood after the birth of my daughter 7 years ago is when I really noticed the under layers had a bounce and wave to them. For years I thought I just had this kinky wave from wearing it up so much and that it was super thick(full my strands are not that coarse pretty normal with a few darker coarse ones here and there).

My mom has straight hair. My dad's is reddish and very dry and curly/wavy, it seems thin but could just be age the curl part in the length(he wears his hair long and in ponytail) seems fuller. He doesn't know how to deal with his. I may have to teach him in fact he may see my recent raving reviews over sulfate free shampoos on Facebook and try it. :) Anyway I know where the curl comes from.
    2b/2c newbie CG
    routine(loosely as I learn what works):
    cowash: Suave Naturals Pomegranate
    lowpoo: Jason tea tree oil(once a week as needed)
    RO: Giovanni TTTT(will use the Suave 2nd time if the tea tree gets drying)
    :love4: Giovanni leave in & coconut oil

Finally found what stops the itch and flaking, Neutrogena TGel, too bad its not SLS free :sad10:

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Another vote for 2b or 2c! I love your hair, by the way. I don't even notice the frizz -- I'm distracted by your beautiful curls! Welcome to the 2's forum. :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    FIA - 2c (So how curly your hair is)
    NC.com - 2b from what I can see (Texture of hair)
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • hippyathearthippyatheart Posts: 4Registered Users
    Another vote for 2b or 2c! I love your hair, by the way. I don't even notice the frizz -- I'm distracted by your beautiful curls! Welcome to the 2's forum. :)

Thanks. The frizz is very noticeable on the top of my head. Thanks for the welcome!:thumbleft:
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    You're welcome! I think your hair's beautiful, frizz or no frizz. And you're not alone with the frizzies -- I get frizz all the time, but that's just part of rockin' the curls and being a curly girl.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file