Say It. I Dare You.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Is large snow in the UK that unusual that a foot will shut everything down?

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. And it would cost too much to put one in so the UK remains the laughing stock of Europe in regards to snow.

well, there are plenty of places in the US that would shut down for 3 inches, so I can't laugh.

I just thought that the UK got significant snow more often than it seems to.

Yeah, doesn't it snow like Narnia all the time? (Kidding!)

narnia-2.jpg?w=300&h=199
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SuZenGuide wrote: »

Yes, we don't have the infrastructure to deal with it. And it would cost too much to put one in so the UK remains the laughing stock of Europe in regards to snow.

well, there are plenty of places in the US that would shut down for 3 inches, so I can't laugh.

narnia-2.jpg?w=300&h=199

That'd be awesome! And we could travel around in sleighs!

There must also be a continuous supply of milk and bread, because shops always run out of those.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What is with this oversleeping and fogginess?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    SuZenGuide wrote: »

narnia-2.jpg?w=300&h=199

That'd be awesome! And we could travel around in sleighs!

There must also be a continuous supply of milk and bread, because shops always run out of those.

Here too -- if the forecast is for even a smidgen of snow, everyone attacks the grocery stores as if they will be snowed in for weeks.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    It hasn't been all that cold in NY for the most part though. And considering I'm saying that, you know it must be pretty tolerable weather! In any case, I did mean the one in the Theater District, which I would hope would be as good.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Dear Tall Lady at Whole Foods,

You had a short bob of crazy curly gray streaked hair, black tights with teal polka dots and super high heel boots. I wish I could be as funky as you and pull it off so well.

You rock.
    Sincerely,
    The girl in boring clothes and sensible shoes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    It is too effing cold to smoke. The last one I had (which I found magically tucked under my back pillow in my car) made me dizzy.

Creepy.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    18 and a half inches!!!!
    :shock:
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Thank you Saria! My co-worker loves you!!!!!

She has made a reservation at Seasonal. She is very excited and is looking forward to a restaurant that serves duck and hazelnut. :p

Thank you so much for the great suggestions. She is so excited!!

I think she is going to see about lunch at The Modern.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Treatment began today, so I'm hooked up to an IV for six hours. In my right arm. In the elbow crease. I didn't expect I wouldn't be able to move much during this whole process ...

Even better, SO is the one who's been taught how to take everything apart and pull the IV, so I get to tag along to his office hours tonight. This really isn't the way I expected his students would meet me. I can't even change because I've got this thing in my arm. Grr.

Anyway, I hope it works.
    Under construction.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Oh, you're welcome, Minxy. :) I hope your co-worker has a great time!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kat180 wrote: »
    18 and a half inches!!!!

The most I measured was 17 inches and it's now lost 4 inches. But there are still sections that are just above my knees but I can't get to them to measure them, even though I really want to!

Just think we get 3 more months of this!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
    Hah! Welcome to my world, you European and U.K. posters.

"Chardon, located about an hour's drive east of downtown Cleveland, is the county seat of Geauga County. The city of around 5000 residents is known for as the heart of Ohio's Maple Syrup country and as the center of Northeast Ohio's snow belt.

Climate
    With an average annual snowfall of 106 inches (269 cm)[12][13], Chardon is notable for its location in the "heart of the snowbelt" of northeast Ohio.

"In 1996, from November 9 through November 13, a storm dropped over 70 inches of lake-effect snow in the city over a period of six days. Governor George Voinovich declared a state of emergency as a result, and the Ohio National Guard was brought in to assist with the cleanup."

I watched from my bedroom window as a snowplow the size of my house cleared away the mountains of snow which had grown up around street corners and driveways.

When I moved here, I didn't even own a shovel. Who thought I'd need one in October(Wikipedia has the month wrong).
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    kat180 wrote: »
    18 and a half inches!!!!

The most I measured was 17 inches and it's now lost 4 inches. But there are still sections that are just above my knees but I can't get to them to measure them, even though I really want to!

Just think we get 3 more months of this!

Its still snowing! This is crazy! lol

Where I live was worst place hit in the South but we usually are because we are higher up then most.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Befrizzled wrote: »
    Treatment began today, so I'm hooked up to an IV for six hours. In my right arm. In the elbow crease. I didn't expect I wouldn't be able to move much during this whole process ...

Even better, SO is the one who's been taught how to take everything apart and pull the IV, so I get to tag along to his office hours tonight. This really isn't the way I expected his students would meet me. I can't even change because I've got this thing in my arm. Grr.

Anyway, I hope it works.

I hope your treatment works! And don't worry about meeting his students with an IV in your arm, I'm sure you are so fabulous they will all love you anyway.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    TRBL wrote: »

Anyway, I hope it works.

I hope your treatment works! And don't worry about meeting his students with an IV in your arm, I'm sure you are so fabulous they will all love you anyway.

THIS!! I couldn't have said it better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Am I now so uncoordinated that I cannot chew gum without biting my inner mouth?
    spring1onu wrote: »
    TRBL wrote: »

Anyway, I hope it works.

THIS!! I couldn't have said it better.

Awww, shucks. You're making me blush! :flower:
    Under construction.
  • Rubber BiscuitRubber Biscuit Posts: 1,294Registered Users
    Today I paid off #3 out of 4 debts of mine. Next year will be smooooth sailing.... :flower:
    - Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
    - Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I applied for a scholarship I'm sure I'm not going to get simply to excercise my brain, I must admit, any scholarship essay written in two must not be very good, but I was bored :p
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    Anyone get a super-sensitive sense of smell as a PMS symptom. It's not so much that, it's that everything is gross to me. I have this need to clean everything but the cleaning chemicals will yuck me out too. I so hate this. It would be better if I got it with every cycle so that I could get used it but I only get it on some months for some reason. I wanted to make a breakfast casserole but now the thought of all the smells repulses me. I hope it is gone tomorrow as it usually only lasts 1 day but I have a feeling it will drag on since that is how my week has gone.

Crazy boss' daughter is driving me nuts! I cannot even make a suggestion without her snapping at me. I hope it makes her really mad that I left 20 minutes early without telling her so she either had to take the client's payment herself or make the receptionist do it when she came back from lunch (My boss ok'ed it since I came in early that day which will make her even more steamed). I'm thinking the latter since Ms. Hoity Toity paralegal can't do such demeaning work. Ain't gonna be me doing it much longer cause here's me begging creepy pawn shop guy for my old job back. :cya:I hope they get a loudmouth bossy secretary in my place - she's going to be sweet as honey to me now that she knows she's p'ed me off because she knows if I walk she'll get someone stronger that gets in her face and put up with far less of her crap than I do, like the old secy. And luckily Miss Thang is at a conference all day tomorrow so that's one less day I have to deal with that spaz.
    When will the mean-looking De Natural model be gone?
    ninja dog wrote: »
    When will the mean-looking De Natural model be gone?

I don't know, but that Carol's Daughter Hair Milk sure has cute packaging. I don't even know what it is and I want to order it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    AllyT wrote: »
    Anyone get a super-sensitive sense of smell as a PMS symptom.

Not smell, but taste. I can't eat anything that's not fresh fruit or prepared by my. It all tastes disgusting, granted I'm not a fan of the food here, but I can eat it most times....but during that week right before my period, nothing :sad1:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    Turns out the students were totally fascinated with my crazy medical problems and asked a lot of questions. They're cool kids. Well, not really kids ... they're just a few years younger than I am. :lol:
    Under construction.
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    But, sweetie, if you still look and act like a linebacker, it really doesn't count....;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • lldm2lldm2 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Sigh. In 3 months, I'm 15, and I still look like an 11-year-old. The curly hair definitely doesn't help, and neither does being 4'11.5". I just got mistaken for a middle schooler (which is older than usual) by the most attractive guy I know at the mall :l. & he probably only said middle school because I was with my friend, who looks like a high schooler... and then there's me.
    3c/4a

Wanting;
    APL/MBL
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    IMG_5101.jpg

I absolutely love this picture of me. I think it's the first time in a LONG time that I like the way that I look....
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
    Kenz, I swear if you were any cuter I just couldn't stand it! I want to pinch you (it's an old person thing, sorry). You are adorable. :love5: Great picture!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I knew I was right about you! You are a chapter right out of a psych textbook!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file