8426_125825902373_743022373_2562027_8225645_n.jpg

Once I started in Feb:

19354_282338277373_743022373_3566496_3177778_n.jpg

27239_332035827373_743022373_3732048_3013646_n.jpg

A few weeks ago:

39684_415302202373_743022373_4915707_5137984_n.jpg

This was last Friday:

4935616180_3fb669202c.jpg

Plunkybug, I think you're my hair twin! My hair has the same properties, same level of curl, even the same color. It also looked the same pre-CG. What products are you using lately?
    waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Sbudsky wrote: »
    plunkybug wrote: »
    These are before:

13965_203160262373_743022373_3217353_6175538_n.jpg

8426_134719337373_743022373_2670811_5571491_n.jpg

This is before, but when I realized I had more potential:

8426_125825902373_743022373_2562027_8225645_n.jpg

Once I started in Feb:

19354_282338277373_743022373_3566496_3177778_n.jpg

27239_332035827373_743022373_3732048_3013646_n.jpg

A few weeks ago:

39684_415302202373_743022373_4915707_5137984_n.jpg

This was last Friday:

4935616180_3fb669202c.jpg

Plunkybug, I think you're my hair twin! My hair has the same properties, same level of curl, even the same color. It also looked the same pre-CG. What products are you using lately?

Um, I'm using a handful of things atm. My favourite cleanser is SS MCS, which isn't out yet, but I've been testing for the last few weeks. I do like the Curls for Target Cleanser, but it's a bit heavier than the MCS. I low poo here and there and I sometimes use LUSH Big and Curly Wurly (not CG). Prefered condish is SS CC but use the CFT one or one of my random ones. Styling I pretty regularly use Body Shop's Cottonseed Curl Boost...I have to diffuse with that...it's heat activated or something. Sometimes I use the CFT Creme Brule, FOTE, or SS CEJ. Gels I use are SS FHG when I have it, but none lately, HEBE, CFT Goddess Curls Gel (I have more of that coming in the mail). I don't think I am going to get more HEBE...it works alright, but it's far too synthetic for my likes. It is cheap though, and I like the scent.

That all said, I find that it is less the products and more the styling techniques. But products *are* partly responsible as I've seen lately. I think that my hair for the wedding wasn't quite as light since I didn't use the BS CCB. I've been doing a modified super soak twice in my routine plus the smasters method, product application and diffusing upside down, and I find that diffusing to 90% or thereabouts is good...the more moisture that's out and less to air dry, the better. I think I frizz less that way and have stronger curls and hold since there's less water to lead to frizz or weigh hair down.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• simmplybsimmplyb Posts: 83Registered Users
    Here's my before and after's and a few more of my current progress.

The before is 1 year ago, hair blow-dried and some curls added via curling iron. I really like the look.

The after was taken today: cowashed, used GioDLI, Ecostyler mixed with BRHG, plopped, clipped, diffused then SOTC.

Personally, I think the before is more flattering. Both curly and 'styled' takes the same amount of effort so I'm not completely a convert!

Love to hear what you think! TIA!
    CG as of 6/10: 2b,3a,/dense/med text/ norm elasticity.
    Low poo RenpureMPHISP 1-2/wk
    Co-wash vo5 TT
    Cond RenpureMPHISP
    D Cond PT and Moroccan oil rest. mask 1-2X/wk
    Styling summer: gioDLI,Ecost.+BRHG, plop,clip, air dry, SOMOTC winter: gio DLI, ArcAngel+BRHG,scrunch, diffuse, SOMOTC
    :wav:
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    simmply!!! I have been wondering about you! Your after pics are STUNNING!! You look great and I am super impressed with your progress so quickly.

I am back to having good hair days and bad ones. My hair takes LONGER every day than it ever did straight so I completely understand. It takes longer and I am still not guaranteed to leave the house feeling good about my hair.

You should keep up what you are doing because you look great!!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • GirlSailorGirlSailor Posts: 45Registered Users
    Wow, such progress for all of you...ok, I am going to get brave and post my 'way-before' and my after now that I have been practicing fairly diligently the CG method...although trying to get through a bottle of MOP 'glisten' shampoo which has SLS in it...
  • GirlSailorGirlSailor Posts: 45Registered Users
    I had to attach my before and after since I did not feel like throwing them up on a server...

The before was at least a year and a half ago...the after with waves is about three and a half months of following CG most of the time though one slip up with hidden -cones and having to shampoo with SLS a few times...

I cannot believe the difference and it seems every day my hair recovers a little more from the highlighting and blowdrying and occasional strait ironing I once practiced...

While the drying time is immense, it always feels like an experiment getting out of the shower as to whether it will be a good hair day or not, I like that I am not using a bunch of chemicals on my hair, that it is getting healthier and I feel more myself...:sunny:
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You have beautiful hair both ways, GirlSailor!
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    pretty pretty pretty.. I keep meaning to add mine, though I've cleaned out my computered and transfered the majority of my photos to my external HD... and I'm being lazy and don't wanna leave my warm room to get it.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    simmplyb, for whatever it's worth, I prefer your "after." It's lovely.

Not quite ready to post my own pictures (it's been less than two months, and I have 6-7 years of daily blow drying and straightening to recover from), but I'm getting there.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • simmplybsimmplyb Posts: 83Registered Users
    Thank you JAJC and Saroyan! I need the encouragement.

I want Wavyblonde's hair!!! Her wave pattern is so even!!!

I have been having more good wavy hair days tho!
    CG as of 6/10: 2b,3a,/dense/med text/ norm elasticity.
    Low poo RenpureMPHISP 1-2/wk
    Co-wash vo5 TT
    Cond RenpureMPHISP
    D Cond PT and Moroccan oil rest. mask 1-2X/wk
    Styling summer: gioDLI,Ecost.+BRHG, plop,clip, air dry, SOMOTC winter: gio DLI, ArcAngel+BRHG,scrunch, diffuse, SOMOTC
    :wav:
  • myshipsankmyshipsank Posts: 14Registered Users
    wow, your hair is GORGEOUS! I love how defined your locks are!
    2Biii Low porosity
    Single strand thickness is Fine to Medium

I'm a fan of the Fia system & Andre's system (although it needs more elaboration).

Knowing my hair type was just as useful & important as knowing my porosity, elasticity, & thickness.
    Don't let someone degrade you for exploring the fun of finding your hair type. :glasses2:

& lastly: quiet-war.blogspot.com

myshipsank wrote: »
    wow, your hair is GORGEOUS! I love how defined your locks are!

*blush* thanks

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

I finally feel ready to post in this thread!

Straightened, pre-CG
    This is how I wore my hair for probably six or seven years. I'd blow it out with a hairdryer, then flat-iron the bangs.

2ijg0hk.jpg

Air dried, pre-CG
    I'm not deliberately posting bad pictures for contrast; these are literally the only non-straightened pictures I have. This is probably the best my hair had ever looked back then.

f1jfqq.jpg
    2gv6d01.jpg
    2149k3o.jpg
    rh1lwn.jpg
    2l91d1u.jpg
    ou6sk8.jpg
    2dkzjfq.jpg

Air dried, two months post-CG

This is today after being out and about all day. I'm still growing out bangs, so excuse the wonky bits in front.

2iqk4k.jpg
    714rde.jpg
    2d0ifm8.jpg
    168v4hh.jpg
    30s7o0g.jpg

I've come to realize I need way, way more protein for my wave pattern to get any stronger, so the differences here are mostly in softness (which you can't see) and shine (which, hopefully, you can). Instead of dry and strawlike, my hair is healthy and moisturized. I didn't know my hair could feel like this!
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    Saroyan wrote: »
    I finally feel ready to post in this thread!

Straightened, pre-CG
    This is how I wore my hair for probably six or seven years. I'd blow it out with a hairdryer, then flat-iron the bangs.

2ijg0hk.jpg

Air dried, pre-CG
    I'm not deliberately posting bad pictures for contrast; these are literally the only non-straightened pictures I have. This is probably the best my hair had ever looked back then.

f1jfqq.jpg
    2gv6d01.jpg
    2149k3o.jpg
    rh1lwn.jpg
    2l91d1u.jpg
    ou6sk8.jpg
    2dkzjfq.jpg

Air dried, two months post-CG

This is today after being out and about all day. I'm still growing out bangs, so excuse the wonky bits in front.

2iqk4k.jpg
    714rde.jpg
    2d0ifm8.jpg
    168v4hh.jpg
    30s7o0g.jpg

I've come to realize I need way, way more protein for my wave pattern to get any stronger, so the differences here are mostly in softness (which you can't see) and shine (which, hopefully, you can). Instead of dry and strawlike, my hair is healthy and moisturized. I didn't know my hair could feel like this!

wow your hair looks great!
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
    Laylz wrote: »
    wow your hair looks great!

Sorry, I just saw this... thanks, Laylz!

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Curl Neophyte Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I now want to let my grays grow in. Is 29 too early to start. Would it be too contrasted since my hair is almost black? OK...end guano.

I'll try to take a new pic tomorrow to show the difference. I posted in the original thread but that was way over a year ago and I have much more curl now.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• eweniqueewenique Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You'll have to decide that yourself. I let mine grow out several inches when I was 40 and decided that I wasn't ready yet. When I turned 47, I knew that it was time. I wanted to be completely natural by age 50.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • dgprocessdgprocess Posts: 63Registered Users
    I've been modified CG for a little over a month now.

The first pic is my hair when I used to straighten it with a curling iron. The second is my first week of CG- my hair was wavier, but it was dry and producty-looking (I was still trying to figure out what products to use and was fully air drying). The third is around week 2 or 3 into CG- a bit less wave, but much softer and healthier hair. The last pic is just the other day- waves and softness!
    2b, oily scalp, dry hair, thick (iii), medium texture, medium porosity,low elasticity- prone to canopy frizz!
    modified CG since 8/29/10
    currently using:
    low-poo: DevaCurl Low Poo (in summer)
    no-poo: DevaCurl No Poo (in winter)
    co-wash and LI: DevaCurl One Condition
    styler: DevaCurl AnGEL (in winter), Nancy Boy gel (in summer- has no glycerin)
    Pixie diffuse upside down til just damp, clip the hell out of it, and let air dry (or use bonnet dryer), SOTC
    Looking good, dgprocess! What a difference already.

• CurlyColombianaCurlyColombiana Posts: 82Registered Users
    I did a search, but I couldn't find any before/after threads just for us wavies. Anybody interested in sharing your pics?

2007:
    O3-1-1.jpg?t=1289324085

August 2010:
    P1010019.jpg?t=1289324285

September 2010:
    P1010029-3-1.jpg?t=1289324119

October 2010:
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]P1010042-1.jpg?t=1289324173 [/URL]

Late October 2010:
    P1010026.jpg?t=1289324224
    2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
    Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
    Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
    Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    D.T: CJ Curl Rehab
    L.I: CJ BC; KCKT; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free
    Styler: KCCC; L.A Looks Sports; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Strong Hold Gel
    Pomade: Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    P.T: CJ Curl Fix
    Scalp Moisturizer: Shea Butter

• RoseMadderRoseMadder Posts: 38Registered Users
    Wow.

All of you have beautiful hair. :)

I'll put some before and after pictures
    up soon.
    2C, maybe
    Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Deva Curls One condition
    GF Triple Nutrition conditioner, deep conditioner and leave in spray
    anGell and Set it Free
  • pedahehpedaheh Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow Curly Colombian, you got some great shine and definition. Looks really healthy.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • chicklegirlchicklegirl Posts: 40Registered Users
    The first shot is almost exactly a year ago, and it was a product-free, air-dry day.

The last two are my second-day hair (FSG, KCCC and smasters method) from one week ago. I've been modified CG for a month and a half now.
    2b/F/ii canopy/front, with a bit of 2c/M-C/ii behind the ears and at the nape. Low elasticity, mixed porosity.

Lo-poo: GTTT
    Co-wash/condition: GTTT, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, GF Triple Nutrition Fortifying Cream
    LI: KCKT, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Style: KCCC, FSG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel
  • KellycatKellycat Posts: 79Registered Users
    It's so much fun to see these amazing transformations!

I've been CG for about six or seven weeks. My before is early CG when I was using a low-poo that was much too harsh for my hair--but it's pretty typical of how my hair looked most of the time after being blown out.

My afters are using soap bar and vinegar rinse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair type: 2b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium (yet crazy-huge volume)
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal (I think....)
    Oily scalp
    Low-poos: CJ Daily Fix; AO Green Tea Clarifying
    Co-washing: Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
    Conditioner: As needed
    Styling: FSG; KCCC (winter favorite); CJ Curl Fix; CJ Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite; BSRHG (a MUST)

Current obsession: Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner

• IAgirlIAgirl Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh my gosh Kellycat, your hair is stunning! So shiny and lots of dimension. Just wow.
  • KellycatKellycat Posts: 79Registered Users
    Wow, IAgirl, thanks so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair type: 2b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium (yet crazy-huge volume)
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal (I think....)
    Oily scalp
    Low-poos: CJ Daily Fix; AO Green Tea Clarifying
    Co-washing: Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
    Conditioner: As needed
    Styling: FSG; KCCC (winter favorite); CJ Curl Fix; CJ Coffee Coco Curl Cream Lite; BSRHG (a MUST)

Current obsession: Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner

• wildnwavywildnwavy Posts: 7Registered Users
    Before - Dry, rough, no definition.
    After - Softer, more defined.
    Looking good wnw!

• Erin14040Erin14040 Posts: 53Registered Users
    WOW!! I'm 2 days into CG. 2 weeks into finding this site. This thread just gave me SO MUCH hope!
    I went shopping w/ a friend yesterday and cringed everytime I saw myself in a mirror.
    THANK you for sharing all of your before and afters! I saw my own hair in so many before shots. I can't WAIT for the day that I post my "after"

WAHOO!!!
  • loremipsumloremipsum Curl Novice Posts: 162Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm so amazed and envious of all of your hair transformations. Every single person who has posted has such gorgeous hair. I can't post because I don't really have an "after" yet. Really, really hope that changes so my hair looks as pretty as the pictures here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file