Where did you get your curtains?

Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm not feeling my curtains in my new house. As I explained before, they're thick twill panels, off white w/ a black toile print on them.

I think I'd like some that have a grommet top. I looked through Bed Bath and Beyond, and I can't find anything I like.

Any suggestions?
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.

Comments

• mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i got mine at target. i like them. :D

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    Target and overstock.com
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I got mine at Target as well and I always get compliments on them. People are always surprised to hear that I got them from Target.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got my living room curtains from Linens & Things (bronzish colored sorta crinkly silky material) and my kitchen and dining ones from Target (similar color but a velvety material). All the bedrooms have suede-y tan roman shades from Domestications).

My adjectives stink tonight! :shock:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Not much help here, I buy mine at local stores. There's a place down the street which sells nothing but curtains and bed spreads. Every friken color, design you could think of that guy carries. You could hardly walk through the place with all the stuff he has in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    It took me two years to find curtains I liked for my downstairs. I finally found them at Bed, Bath & Beyond - at a decent price too!
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    If I remember correctly, JC Penney
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i made mine of plain cream voile!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Anastasia BeaverhausenAnastasia Beaverhausen Posts: 13Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    If I remember correctly, JC Penney

They have a large variety.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Living/Dining room is from Ikea, they're white with black circles and a turquoise vertical stripe along the edge.

Bedroom from Spiegel, they are black and red velvet burnout with a floral design. I don't like them anymore but I haven't looked for something else.

Guest bedroom currently has a plain white tab-top pair from Target, but I'm going to be making a new pair with fabric from reprodepot.com

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I explained what i wanted to my mom and she made them for me!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    shelli wrote:
    I explained what i wanted to my mom and she made them for me!

Ditto - Mine were custom made by a lady in my church. She is really talented and didn't charge me more than what I would have paid at a retail department store.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • vivasmomvivasmom Posts: 312Registered Users
    Pottery Barn. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE them

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p7384/index.cfm?pkey=cprwwinslk&cm%5Fsrc=campaign
    Barely wavy mommy to a fine, silky with thready corkscrew 4 1/2yr old girl. HG's Moisture Maniac, PM The Conditioner, Cactus leave-in (original formula)"Mommy I want to look like a lion!" = hair loose and flowin'.
  • bushyheadbushyhead Posts: 1,676Registered Users
    Pottery Barn and Pier One both have grommet drapes, I believe. I have silk drapes from PB and they are fabulous!
    tt2b5cc.aspx

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift . . . that's why it's called the present." - Unknown
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Nearly all my windows have pleated shades, but the bedroom windows have linen curtains with a woven-in pattern that I made myself from sheets.

I have ordered blinds/shades from Smith & Noble for years. They have curtains too.

http://www.smithandnoble.com/sn/home.jsp
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    I'm glad someone posted this topic. My room is WAY too bright, even with the standard vertical blinds. So I think I'll see what Target has to offer.
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    i got mine on ebay. custom curtains made out of sari material. i love 'em--price was right, too.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I have two sets of tab-top curtains from IKEA, and some lacey curtains from JCPenney's.

Otherwise, curtains are very easy to make and I've sewed all the curtains for the rest of the rooms.

If you don't want anything really complicated you could make them yourself. And grommets are not hard to put in either - you can buy a little tool to put them in.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used to have black tab top curtains from Target. Loved 'em.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Not my style, but they are very nice!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not my style, but they are very nice!

My mother drives me crazy. Her and I have totally different decorating styles, and when I show her things I bought for my house, she'll tell me that it doesn't look right, or you're "not supposed to put something like that there" or something silly like that.

I'm constantly like, mom, people have different decorating styles. Not everybody does their house the same way. :lol:

• KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    My boyfriend bought some for his living room at Menards or Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember which :oops: ). Anyway, I was very impressed with their selection.
  • CurlEEEECurlEEEE Posts: 308Registered Users
    brylanehome.com or target.com
    3A/3B (not really sure)/No Shampoo/Conditioner Only/Honey/Aussie Volumizer+condish/Biolage Gel/Plop/Diffuse/Spritz of Bed Head Maxxed Out
    Password: CurlEEEE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file