Interesting conversation with type 2's and type 3's

2

Comments

  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    I had to chime in on this one. I'm married to a Dominican whose female family members are all 2c-3b. When I first BC and we went to visit his parents in TX they about died. Prior to that they had only seen me with weaves/braids. During a conversation about when we were going to pop out some grandbabies for her his mother says "well I hope they take from our side and come out with nice hair"

    Needless to say I wasn't shocked by this response as his mother uses a relaxer and so does his sister but the fact that she said it to my face lol I was like woah. A lot of Dominicans have an aversion to anything African. Which includes darker skin and kinky hair. I can't tell you the amount of crap we got from his family when he first started dating me because I was black lol. You would think that ppl have progressed in 2010 but sadly no. The unfortunate thing is that my sister in law carries the same baggage and she will probably pass it down to her kids *sigh*

    oh Lord!

    This is very common thinking though. A few years back there was a series of articles about this very phenomonon.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

    mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • vain???janevain???jane Posts: 197Registered Users
    Exactly Elle, im so tired of my cousin calling her hair nappy. I mean literally, I stare at her like what crack are you smoking.

    I used to think she did it on purpose but she really does believe her type 3 hair is nappy , One day I asked her , if your hair is nappy what is mine?? She was like Oh yours is nappy too but mine is just shiny and nappy . LOL I laughed for like 10 minutes

    lmao! that answer is so innocent and straight-forward. i would've laughed too. i'm tickled by her answer. ♥
    Last Relaxer: Feb 2009
    BC: Feb 2010

    fy05ec.jpg

    my fotki, updated 2.01.11 ♥
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator

    I learned so much after coming to NC and realizing that everyone struggles to some degree with their hair.

    Isn't that the truth!

    Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

    You are beautiful!
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    @vain??? OMAGAH! purdy hair miss lady!

    anywhoo I get what you all are saying about the whole 'i wish i had hair like you crap' BUT i notice that a lot of edgier white folk always try to kink up their hair by back-combing, braid-outs, or simply not detangling for days upon days upon days for that bohemian or rock&roll look.
    kinky.hair.final.jpg
    those are the ones who always compliment me on my hair. btw y'all remember that glam phase in the 80's? BLEEHHH
    480_03_27_2007_7_08_37_scarlet-red_band-promo.jpg
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

    visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I might get some hate tossed my way for saying this and that's fine (everyone is entitled to their perspective).. but there ain't a DAYUM thang kinky about the hair in ANY of those pictures of white folks. When the hell slightly crimped, loose braid outs on damp hair, or teased hair became kinky ?

    I love the boho look and I'm a big fan of the way Nicole Richie, Kate Hudson, Vanessa Hutchens, Zoe Kravitz, and Kate Moss dress but err... those pictures aren't of actual kinky hair.

    It's white folks version of hair that has "texture" that they have decided for whatever reason to call "kinky". I mean give me a break...it ain't nothing but a variation on regular old boho beach wavy hair. You KNOW I'm rolling my eyes.

    Folks of color...don't get sucked into this BS. White women in general do not want natural kinky hair and they don't even want to style their hair so it looks like it's "black folk kinky" and um them pictures ain't it.

    And yeah.. I'm calling that a FACT! (Hush Elle!)

    I know some yall bout to cuss me out.. but it's cool. Still love ya!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's white folks version of hair that has "texture" that they have decided for whatever reason to call "kinky". I mean give me a break...it ain't nothing but a variation on regular old boho beach wavy hair. You KNOW I'm rolling my eyes.

    Folks of color...don't get sucked into this BS. White women in general do not want natural kinky hair and they don't even want to style their hair so it looks like it's "black folk kinky" and um them pictures ain't it.

    We are soooo
    >here<
    on this one.

    That's why I don't see why people get all excited when they get a compliment from white people that they have to run here (or to whatever natural hair board they frequent) with the "random white person told me they love my hair and wish thier hair was like mine...its a shame they can love our hair and we can't" post.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

    Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
    _____________________________
    I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
    _____________________________
    Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!


    12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I might get some hate tossed my way for saying this and that's fine (everyone is entitled to their perspective).. but there ain't a DAYUM thang kinky about the hair in ANY of those pictures of white folks. When the hell slightly crimped, loose braid outs on damp hair, or teased hair became kinky ?

    I love the boho look and I'm a big fan of the way Nicole Richie, Kate Hudson, Vanessa Hutchens, Zoe Kravitz, and Kate Moss dress but err... those pictures aren't of actual kinky hair.

    It's white folks version of hair that has "texture" that they have decided for whatever reason to call "kinky". I mean give me a break...it ain't nothing but a variation on regular old boho beach wavy hair. You KNOW I'm rolling my eyes.

    Folks of color...don't get sucked into this BS. White women in general do not want natural kinky hair and they don't even want to style their hair so it looks like it's "black folk kinky" and um them pictures ain't it.

    And yeah.. I'm calling that a FACT! (Hush Elle!)

    I know some yall bout to cuss me out.. but it's cool. Still love ya!

    Uh-uh...naw boo. You won't get any backlash from me on this one. I saw those pictures and was like,

    ____________________________________________________

    *Flatlined*

    That's like a woman putting her hair in a bun for a little bit and making it tousled and calling it curls. The fact that the hair in those pics is labeled kinky is LAUGHABLE. How's that for some fact?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:

    wild~hair, please don't misunderstand...there is nothing wrong with compliments! I feel bad now.

    But some people will go on and on and on and fawn over your hair to the point where it's just embarrassing. It's almost like they are overcompensating. That's what I'm referring to.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wild~hair wrote: »
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:


    Noo....that's not what we're saying! Compliments are good. Fawning and gushing and the "OMG I WISH I had hair like that" is what gets the eye rolls. There prob are a FEW that might want kinky hair...if for nothing more than the "differentness" of it, but the vast majority are just saying it because they *think* its what we want to hear.

    Its like when I go home, and I see family I haven't seen in a while...they are always...always...always like "Did you loose weight?" As a fat girl I HATE that ish with a passion. I know they say it because they *think* its what I want to hear or they *think* its what they should say to be nice. Once I started responding with hell to the naw (in my whitney houston voice) they quickly broke the habit.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

    Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
    _____________________________
    I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
    _____________________________
    Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!


    12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:

    Nah, no one is saying all of that.. What you compliment and don't compliment is your business.

    And dayum.. lately a lot of variation :lurk: is up over here on the 4a forum.. ROFLMAO! Ya'll know I had to call that.. hee hee!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    I might get some hate tossed my way for saying this and that's fine (everyone is entitled to their perspective).. but there ain't a DAYUM thang kinky about the hair in ANY of those pictures of white folks. When the hell slightly crimped, loose braid outs on damp hair, or teased hair became kinky ?

    I love the boho look and I'm a big fan of the way Nicole Richie, Kate Hudson, Vanessa Hutchens, Zoe Kravitz, and Kate Moss dress but err... those pictures aren't of actual kinky hair.

    It's white folks version of hair that has "texture" that they have decided for whatever reason to call "kinky". I mean give me a break...it ain't nothing but a variation on regular old boho beach wavy hair. You KNOW I'm rolling my eyes.

    Folks of color...don't get sucked into this BS. White women in general do not want natural kinky hair and they don't even want to style their hair so it looks like it's "black folk kinky" and um them pictures ain't it.

    And yeah.. I'm calling that a FACT! (Hush Elle!)

    I know some yall bout to cuss me out.. but it's cool. Still love ya!

    i was thinking the same thing.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:

    some people take compliments too far. and i think there is a difference between a complient and lying to yourself (or the other person).

    i used to have similar conversations when it came to the topic of breast size. i used to be extra super duper flat chested, like AA cup size. and having friends with really big cup sizes (Gs and whatnot) they would always say, "oh i wish i was your size." no the hell you don't. you mat want to be smaller, but there is no way you want to be a AA. just like i would love to be bigger, but i don't want to be a G.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    subbrock wrote: »
    wild~hair wrote: »
    When I see a natural curly out in the world who's proudly wearing her curls and kinks I usually will give a compliment. But this thread is making me thinking maybe I shouldn't. :sad8:

    some people take compliments too far. and i think there is a difference between a complient and lying to yourself (or the other person).

    i used to have similar conversations when it came to the topic of breast size. i used to be extra super duper flat chested, like AA cup size. and having friends with really big cup sizes (Gs and whatnot) they would always say, "oh i wish i was your size." no the hell you don't. you mat want to be smaller, but there is no way you want to be a AA. just like i would love to be bigger, but i don't want to be a G.

    Yeah.. I gotta be a witness. There are some days when "the girls" get on my nerves.. but I am not gonna front and act like I'd rather be flat. Maybe a teeny bit less on cycle days.. but I'm not EVEN going to lie and say I'd rather be flat. Hell, I don't even want to be less than a D cup. So.. LOL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users
    I too was ignorrant to the fact that non-black woman also have their own issues with curly hair. Reading some of the Hall of Shame stories on NC shocked me.

    Marah it is so true about older white women seeming to be more appreciative of black women wearing their natural hair. I can't tell you how many elderly white women just randomly come and talk to me when I'm at the mall or where ever since going natural. It even scared me the first time it happened. I was like why is this old lady so happy to talk to me??? I mean they carry on some long conversations like I'm one of their bingo buddies. I don't know if my hair really had anything to do with it but it has never happened to me when I was relaxed.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it's all across the board for people with curly hair that have issues no matter the race or ethnicity. While I do think the issues are DIFFERENT concerning race and ethnicity, I think all of them have stigmas and curly and kinky hair insecurities.

    White women often tell me my hair is pretty regularly...blah blah. BUT I'm not stupid enough to believe they would like to have my hair. I think they find it acceptable FOR ME because I am a person of color and (with all due respect to all curlies and kinkies) my hair is not considered "kinky", it's considered curly. So I get a pass but they don't want it. LOL! It's like them enjoying tan skin or when they say they think a certain black woman has beautiful skin um they AIN'T saying they wanna be black and no one should be fooled into thinking so.

    With black women though I find they like my hair wish they had it but believe it's just to much trouble because relaxed hair is much easier in their perspective. I think with them I get a pass as well because they claim I have "good hair". So I get it.

    It's a mixture with Hispanics I notice depending on what type of hispanic they are (did I say that right ?) I mean no offense to anyone that is Dominican but I notice many Dominicans have some strong reactions to curly or kinky hair because of it's association with looking more of African descent. In my experience, a lot of Puerto Rican women love my hair and seem to like curly hair on themselves as well and don't seem to apply the stigma to it that Dominican women do. But again, even with Hispanic women in general they seem to like my hair ON ME but they don't neccessarily want it for themselves! :)

    Pft, you know I want tighter curled hair.

    Interestingly, my Mom always called my hair kinky when I was growing up. And, well, in my family, I guess it is considered kinky to them since I'm the curliest. I wouldn't call it that now since it sits in the middle of the road of the 2-4 spectrum. But, back then, I really did think that I had kinky hair, and that it wasn't a good thing.

    I would have to say that my most crap I would get from my hair came from redneck men, and Black women with relaxed hair. Oh, and all those stupid 'brillo head' comments that came from kids. God, those early school years sucked.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • vain???janevain???jane Posts: 197Registered Users
    I might get some hate tossed my way for saying this and that's fine (everyone is entitled to their perspective).. but there ain't a DAYUM thang kinky about the hair in ANY of those pictures of white folks. When the hell slightly crimped, loose braid outs on damp hair, or teased hair became kinky ?

    It's white folks version of hair that has "texture" that they have decided for whatever reason to call "kinky". I mean give me a break...it ain't nothing but a variation on regular old boho beach wavy hair. You KNOW I'm rolling my eyes.

    OKAY!? when i saw that 'kinky' mess, my eyes rolled so hard they almost got stuck LMAO. they are really funny. ♥
    Last Relaxer: Feb 2009
    BC: Feb 2010

    fy05ec.jpg

    my fotki, updated 2.01.11 ♥
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    First of all, no one said they were happy b/c of a compliment from a white person <
    me of all people? I could care less. Secondly i didn't say it was kinky, THEY consider that kinky. But anyways :)
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

    visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
  • suns4i6esuns4i6e Posts: 77Registered Users
    RedCelticCurls, Sadly, I can see the covert or even overt racial inference in the comments of rednecks or 'innocent' children. But I'm curious as to what kind of backlash you received from black, relaxed women regarding your curls, which are unabashedly beautiful (please read with minimal gushing).
    I think it's all across the board for people with curly hair that have issues no matter the race or ethnicity. While I do think the issues are DIFFERENT concerning race and ethnicity, I think all of them have stigmas and curly and kinky hair insecurities.

    White women often tell me my hair is pretty regularly...blah blah. BUT I'm not stupid enough to believe they would like to have my hair. I think they find it acceptable FOR ME because I am a person of color and (with all due respect to all curlies and kinkies) my hair is not considered "kinky", it's considered curly. So I get a pass but they don't want it. LOL! It's like them enjoying tan skin or when they say they think a certain black woman has beautiful skin um they AIN'T saying they wanna be black and no one should be fooled into thinking so.

    With black women though I find they like my hair wish they had it but believe it's just to much trouble because relaxed hair is much easier in their perspective. I think with them I get a pass as well because they claim I have "good hair". So I get it.

    It's a mixture with Hispanics I notice depending on what type of hispanic they are (did I say that right ?) I mean no offense to anyone that is Dominican but I notice many Dominicans have some strong reactions to curly or kinky hair because of it's association with looking more of African descent. In my experience, a lot of Puerto Rican women love my hair and seem to like curly hair on themselves as well and don't seem to apply the stigma to it that Dominican women do. But again, even with Hispanic women in general they seem to like my hair ON ME but they don't neccessarily want it for themselves! :)

    Pft, you know I want tighter curled hair.

    Interestingly, my Mom always called my hair kinky when I was growing up. And, well, in my family, I guess it is considered kinky to them since I'm the curliest. I wouldn't call it that now since it sits in the middle of the road of the 2-4 spectrum. But, back then, I really did think that I had kinky hair, and that it wasn't a good thing.

    I would have to say that my most crap I would get from my hair came from redneck men, and Black women with relaxed hair. Oh, and all those stupid 'brillo head' comments that came from kids. God, those early school years sucked.
  • LiyahLiyah Posts: 118Registered Users
    I think it's all across the board for people with curly hair that have issues no matter the race or ethnicity. While I do think the issues are DIFFERENT concerning race and ethnicity, I think all of them have stigmas and curly and kinky hair insecurities.

    White women often tell me my hair is pretty regularly...blah blah. BUT I'm not stupid enough to believe they would like to have my hair. I think they find it acceptable FOR ME because I am a person of color and (with all due respect to all curlies and kinkies) my hair is not considered "kinky", it's considered curly. So I get a pass but they don't want it. LOL! It's like them enjoying tan skin or when they say they think a certain black woman has beautiful skin um they AIN'T saying they wanna be black and no one should be fooled into thinking so.

    With black women though I find they like my hair wish they had it but believe it's just to much trouble because relaxed hair is much easier in their perspective. I think with them I get a pass as well because they claim I have "good hair". So I get it.

    It's a mixture with Hispanics I notice depending on what type of hispanic they are (did I say that right ?) I mean no offense to anyone that is Dominican but I notice many Dominicans have some strong reactions to curly or kinky hair because of it's association with looking more of African descent. In my experience, a lot of Puerto Rican women love my hair and seem to like curly hair on themselves as well and don't seem to apply the stigma to it that Dominican women do. But again, even with Hispanic women in general they seem to like my hair ON ME but they don't neccessarily want it for themselves! :)

    Pft, you know I want tighter curled hair.

    Interestingly, my Mom always called my hair kinky when I was growing up. And, well, in my family, I guess it is considered kinky to them since I'm the curliest. I wouldn't call it that now since it sits in the middle of the road of the 2-4 spectrum. But, back then, I really did think that I had kinky hair, and that it wasn't a good thing.

    I would have to say that my most crap I would get from my hair came from redneck men, and Black women with relaxed hair. Oh, and all those stupid 'brillo head' comments that came from kids. God, those early school years sucked.

    This just goes to show that within different cultures (whatever the word) 2 cultures can use the same word to mean 2 totally different things.

    I didn't even know "white" people said "kinky", to be honest.

    And kinky to them might not mean "black cnapp, 4b type hair" it may just mean tangled, frizzy, curly hair.

    I don't get why people feel the need to "school" people on words like any one race/group/culture has the lock on a word.


    Also, when a white person (or anyone I don't know, white or black) gives me a compliment I just take it at face value, I just say thanks and keep it moving. I don't care if they "want" my hair or not. Like it? Thanks. Don't like it? I don't care... *shrugs*
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pft, you know I want tighter curled hair.

    LOL! A tighter curl ain't neccessarily "black girl kinky hair" though. And I think you are a rarity among most white women on that front. But I understand what you are conveying.

    Oddly, I was driving my car today thinking about your hair.. ROFL! Don't think I'm weird. Okay yeah that's weird cause I was thinking about how pretty it is.. and also because I've gotten into making this flax seed gel stuff and it's sort of like Kinky Curly and I recall you said you like KCCC. I just wondered if you had ever used the flax seed gel and what you thought of it since you and I have similiar properties to our hair ? I guess I could have PM'ed you with this BS.. sorry. :?
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    First of all, no one said they were happy b/c of a compliment from a white person <
    me of all people? I could care less. Secondly i didn't say it was kinky, THEY consider that kinky. But anyways :)


    imager.php?id=1321713 GIFSoup

    Who said you was happy b/c you got a compliment from Mr/Mrs. Whitefolks ? Cause I must have missed that accusation.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Commenting on what someone has doesn't mean you want it yourself. I complement people on straight hair (both naturally straight and relaxed) from time to time, but I don't want their hair, LOL.

    I don't assume white people who complement me have hair envy. If they do, they may have covet the thickness, body, density, color, whatever, but I dont see them going to to get their hair processed to look like mine.

    I know, I'm probably beating a dead horse, LOL!
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Liyah wrote: »
    And kinky to them might not mean "black cnapp, 4b type hair" it may just mean tangled, frizzy, curly hair.

    I don't get why people feel the need to "school" people on words like any one race/group/culture has the lock on a word.


    Lawd.. why we always got to have the token dissenter among us. :angry1:

    I don't get why people always swear people trying to "school" someone just because they voiced an opinion that ain't had sht to do with taking someone to school.

    ROFL! Let me stop..:angel1: as much dissenting as I like to do. :happy3:
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Commenting on what someone has doesn't mean you want it yourself. I complement people on straight hair (both naturally straight and relaxed) from time to time, but I don't want their hair, LOL.

    I don't assume white people who complement me have hair envy. If they do, they may have covet the thickness, body, density, color, whatever, but I dont see them going to to get their hair processed to look like mine.

    I know, I'm probably beating a dead horse, LOL!

    GreenandChic, you get your little 2cents in there woman.. as nice as you are.. you don't bother anyone on this board! Go on gurl.. do your thing!

    I covet your hair color... forgive me.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Commenting on what someone has doesn't mean you want it yourself. I complement people on straight hair (both naturally straight and relaxed) from time to time, but I don't want their hair, LOL.

    I don't assume white people who complement me have hair envy. If they do, they may have covet the thickness, body, density, color, whatever, but I dont see them going to to get their hair processed to look like mine.

    I know, I'm probably beating a dead horse, LOL!

    GreenandChic, you get your little 2cents in there woman.. as nice as you are.. you don't bother anyone on this board! Go on gurl.. do your thing!

    I covet your hair color... forgive me.

    Awwwww

    imager.php?id=202563 GIFSoup
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awww. Thanks Greenandchic... and since we so luvyduvy.. um.. cough up the frickken secret to your hair color.. IT.IS.KILLING.ME!

    I dyed my hair on Monday with the Natural Instincts Ebony Mocha.. and it's aight..*rolling my eyes*. Ugh.. I wants my hair color like yours dammit! And if you say it's Henna.. I will die because I'm scared henna will straighten my 3b curls..then I would go into a coma. Like for real.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    I always say the grass is always greener...
    no matter where you sit.

    this.
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awww. Thanks Greenandchic... and since we so luvyduvy.. um.. cough up the frickken secret to your hair color.. IT.IS.KILLING.ME!

    I dyed my hair on Monday with the Natural Instincts Ebony Mocha.. and it's aight..*rolling my eyes*. Ugh.. I wants my hair color like yours dammit! And if you say it's Henna.. I will die because I'm scared henna will straighten my 3b curls..then I would go into a coma. Like for real.


    LOL! OK, but its not that exciting!

    Over the past few years, I've been into the blue/back hair phase. I would do a demi permanent color every 6-8 weeks or so. I used L'Oreal Color Gems Haircolor Blue Black and that worked out well. I also used Goldwell 2A Blue Black. Then about 13 months ago, I decided to do a permanent color:confused5:. I used Garnier 100% Color Gel Permanent Creme Color, Blue Black 210 and that dried my hair out something terrible.

    I decided to give my hair a break and only use temporary color, including Manic Panic Black and Blue Cream Formula Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye.

    Late last winter, I got sick of super dark hair and decided to give it a break. When I got my hair trimmed last spring, my hair dresser did a purple/magenta color in my hair. Because I had dyed my hair black permanently the previous fall, the ends was still very black and still is. What you see in the pic below is the result of that blue/black dye. I used henna recently and the roots that are naturally sun bleached are now red. In the light, my hair has a reddish glow to it.

    I may do an indigo to even it all out, but I need to decide if I want to continue to have black, black hair.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LOL! OK, but its not that exciting!

    Over the past few years, I've been into the blue/back hair phase. I would do a demi permanent color every 6-8 weeks or so. I used L'Oreal Color Gems Haircolor Blue Black and that worked out well. I also used Goldwell 2A Blue Black. Then about 13 months ago, I decided to do a permanent color:confused5:. I used Garnier 100% Color Gel Permanent Creme Color, Blue Black 210 and that dried my hair out something terrible.

    I decided to give my hair a break and only use temporary color, including Manic Panic Black and Blue Cream Formula Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dye.

    Late last winter, I got sick of super dark hair and decided to give it a break. When I got my hair trimmed last spring, my hair dresser did a purple/magenta color in my hair. Because I had dyed my hair black permanently the previous fall, the ends was still very black and still is. What you see in the pic below is the result of that blue/black dye. I used henna recently and the roots that are naturally sun bleached are now red. In the light, my hair has a reddish glow to it.

    I may do an indigo to even it all out, but I need to decide if I want to continue to have black, black hair.

    Thank you for the information. You sound like me with the black hair dye. I don't do the permanent black dye anymore either but man for years I was addicted to blue-black dye. I've been using the Natural Instincts but I'm bored with it. When I first used it in Ebony Mocha.. I loved it. Now after a few times..I'm not impressed. It's no real spice to it. Boring.

    I've been wanting a blue tint to my hair for some time..where it basically looks black usually but in the sunlight you can see a blue tint to it! But then I saw your purple-black hair and swwooooooooon. So I think I'll investigate into the Manic Panic colors..I see they have some really cool colors where I might be able to get a cool tint.

    I really really appreciate the help cause my curls look great but my hair color is pretty drab and dreadful these days and not in a cool goth way either. :(
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file