nausea and vomiting of pregnancy

AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
anyone else? the past few afternoons have been horrible for me but I've been great in the mornings and ok in the evenings. I have 3 afternoon classes this semester, 3hrs each.....
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry you're dealing w/ this...hang in there.
    it's a girl!

:happy4:
  • cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    I did with my 2nd. I never did lose the weight from my first pregnancy until I was pregnant with my second. It was so unfair. But I was also sick for a good chunk of it, so it's hard to say how much was pregnancy related.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    I had pretty much 24/7 sickness from 7-18 weeks. I really hope the next pregnancy will be easier on me since my daughter was not.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    So sorry you're dealing with morning sickness. Mine with #1 was super inconvenient too. I kept saltines with me to munch and sat in the back of class. Hopefully it wont last long.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• sexyjacksparrowsexyjacksparrow Registered Users Posts: 439
    Sorry you're suffering with morning sickness. I had it from 6-13 weeks although thankfully not bad enough to need to skip work. I'm now 38 weeks :-)

Congrats on your pregnancy by the way!
    [FONT=&quot]UK curly - mostly 2c[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Going back to basics![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Happily using a mixture of sulphates, cones and CG products.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Permanently undecided whether to cut or grow![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Currently loving:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lush I Love Juicy shampoo
    Charles Worthington frizz smoothing conditioner[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Superdrug coconut & almond intensive conditioner[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Montagne Jeunesse avocado & cherry bark mask[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Umberto Giannini curl gel
    Boots 'pink' curl creme
    [/FONT]
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Mine was pretty bad with both babies and struck at any time of day. I found that keeping my blood sugar level really helped; if I didn't eat enough, it was so much worse. I was sick the entire time w/ Danae and until about 7 months w/ Davin. I hope it lets up for you soon...I know I'd be worried if I had classes, too.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    First, did I miss this announcement or do i just not remember. Congrats!

Second, sorry about the morning sickness. I was pretty much nauseated all day long with both. Eating small things throughout the day helped. It slowly disappeared at the end of the 1st trimester.
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    Eating little things constantly really helped me. Even something like sucking on a candy or having a soda made a big difference. I was in school last time during my first trimester, so I remember being nauseous in class--not fun.

I hope you start feeling better soon! And congrats again!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    iris427 wrote: »
    Eating little things constantly really helped me. Even something like sucking on a candy or having a soda made a big difference. I was in school last time during my first trimester, so I remember being nauseous in class--not fun.

I hope you start feeling better soon! And congrats again!

This was true for me too. It seemed counterintuitive to eat when you experience nausea, but I think hunger really made it worse. I would try to keep ginger ale and wheat thins or something like that with you. My nausea subsided around week 10. I had such a good pregnancy the first time around I think I'm bound to have tons of nausea and stretch marks this time around.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • Maxs MomMaxs Mom Registered Users Posts: 64
    We tell our patients to take Vit B6 50 MG 3 times daily and a Unisom at bedtime. Do not let you stomach get empty and eat something before you even raise your head in the morning. There are Rx meds that can be taken if needed. Call your Dr if these tips are not helpful. There are these yummy suckers and candy called Preggy Pops. They come in several flavors and are just basically Vit B. They are over the counter at pharmacies. Good luck-I hope you feel better soon. Most women feel better around 12-14 weeks when the Beta HCG is lower.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • PoPo Registered Users Posts: 2,607
    Peppermints, ginger beer, and spicy foods make me feel better.

I'm still puking (just puked at work yesterday). ****ing sucks.
    3c/4a
    Po...do you know what you are having?
    I still can't believe you are having another babe! :glasses8:
  • sexyjacksparrowsexyjacksparrow Registered Users Posts: 439
    Po - we must be due either on the same day or just one day apart. My due date is 13th Sepptember.
    [FONT=&quot]UK curly - mostly 2c[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Going back to basics![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Happily using a mixture of sulphates, cones and CG products.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Permanently undecided whether to cut or grow![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Currently loving:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lush I Love Juicy shampoo
    Charles Worthington frizz smoothing conditioner[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Superdrug coconut & almond intensive conditioner[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Montagne Jeunesse avocado & cherry bark mask[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Umberto Giannini curl gel
    Boots 'pink' curl creme
    [/FONT]
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Thanks for the support!

I'm on Diclectin (B6 and Unisom) but it doesn't seem to have done much. I'm nervous about taking meds during pregnancy! I also have the preggie pop drops. I think I need to try to eat a little more so I'll see how that goes.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    You should try the ginger beer tastes great and really does help:mrgreen:
    Po...do you know what you are having?
    I still can't believe you are having another babe!

I know! Crazy, huh?

I'm having a..baby. :) I'll let you guess first. I don't think I posted what I'm having here, so don't try to do a search.
    Po - we must be due either on the same day or just one day apart. My due date is 13th Sepptember.

I'm due the 14th. But I feel like I'm going to be late...

Congrats!
    3c/4a
    Why the big secret? ;)
    For fun, how about see what this says? :D
    http://www.babyman.net/predict.asp
    or just give me your stats..lol

This might be a tough one, but you know I'm hoping girl...lol
  • rileybrileyb Registered Users Posts: 1,975 Curl Connoisseur
    I was terribly sick for the first 16 weeks, and the nausea was pretty much 24/7, and brushing my teeth typically resulted in much heaving and gagging. Nothing seemed to help except starchy/salty stuff - popcorn, potato chips, crackers, etc. I am fortunate in that I work from home so I didn't have to deal with commuting and sitting in an office when I felt so awful. I hope it gets better for you soon, and congratulations!
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    I had constant nausea (but no vomiting) with both my pregnancies until 16 weeks or so. It was exhausting . Eating little bits helped, motion sickness bands helped and I took benadryl at bedtime (same as unisom). I couldn't tolerate my prenatal vitamins, so I took children's vitamins. I lost weight both times from lack of eating and then only gained 20-25 pounds total by the time I delivered.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    Why the big secret? ;)
    For fun, how about see what this says? :D
    http://www.babyman.net/predict.asp
    or just give me your stats..lol

This might be a tough one, but you know I'm hoping girl...lol

Babyman was right!

BOY!
    3c/4a
  • DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    that babyman thing was wrong for me.
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    motion sickeness wristbands helped me. Not exactly sure why.
    hello.world.
    OK, I don't want to be a whiny pregnant woman, but I am getting SO SICK of this... when will it end?

.png

534Pm5.png

Give it a coupla more weeks...
    How are you feeling Amneris?
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    Give it a coupla more weeks...

I think I was jinxed for one more week every time someone said that to me.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    :silent:
    Thanks for asking, wileE, but about the same. I'm still on Diclectin - sometimes I get a few good hours out of it, other times not. I'm so behind in school and I don't even care.

This better be a girl! I always wanted 4 kids but now I'm not sure if I can do this again!

.png

534Pm5.png

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    Amneris wrote: »
    Thanks for asking, wileE, but about the same. I'm still on Diclectin - sometimes I get a few good hours out of it, other times not. I'm so behind in school and I don't even care.

This better be a girl! I always wanted 4 kids but now I'm not sure if I can do this again!

i feel you on that. granted i've never wanted 4 kids, but this is it for me. i'm getting my tubes tied because pregnancy is not for me. i've had hyperemisis with this one and with majerle and it's just too much.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I just heard on the news this morning that women who have no nausea/vomiting in their first tri are at a significantly higher risk (can't remember the exact percentage) to miscarry. How weird is that?! But the report also said that the lack of nausea/vomiting should not be an automatic cause for concern, either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file