Tired of fighting my curl!!

curlymae^curlymae^ Posts: 5Registered Users
My name is Meagan I am 26, I work as a nurse in a inpatient rehab unit for physical therapy. I am happily married for almost two years now. I am tired of fighting my curl, and am ready to embrace it instead!
I have naturally curly hair. I think its a cross between 3a and 3b.

My hair is long red course and thick!!
I have put many a relaxer/straighter on it and have never found one that makes my hair straight. My sister in law is a hairstylist and recently put a relaxer on my hair three tubes later and it still takes me about 30-45 minutes with a flat iron to get it straight.
When I do fix my hair curly I can hardly ever get it the way I like. Its either crunchy or frizzy I compare it to the cowardly lion :) My hubby likes it either way as long as its down LOL so he usually says straight as I tend to leave it down more when I have it straight plus when its straight it doesn't have the crunchy feeling. But is always saying "see you need to curl your hair like that" when we see models on tv...my response is my hair won't do that.

I found this page after almost falling for a late night infomercial on some hair product that swears to give you beautiful curly hair.

Be prepared for tons of questions. My mom couldn't control my hair it was always in ponytails. So I have never learned how to control my mane.

I want pretty hair but don't want to spend tons of money on it either so I look for decently priced products will pay a little more if they definitely work!!

Comments

• curlymae^curlymae^ Posts: 5Registered Users
    So first day curly went well. I went to walmart and got some shampoo some conditioner and some fantasia styling gel.

I plopped for the first time, and left some of the rinse out conditioner in my hair after I was out of the shower.
    I was shocked I did not have to put any hairspray and minimal gel. I had softer curls, I am very paranoid about my hair being to poufy buy DH assured that it wasn't and everyone complimented my hair.

I always feel like my hair is growing!! It feels like my hair is always poufy!
    I am excited and thinking about trying some curl junkie.
  • AsLckyGrlAsLckyGrl Curl Neophyte Posts: 188Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlymae^ wrote: »
    So first day curly went well. I went to walmart and got some shampoo some conditioner and some fantasia styling gel.

I plopped for the first time, and left some of the rinse out conditioner in my hair after I was out of the shower.
    I was shocked I did not have to put any hairspray and minimal gel. I had softer curls, I am very paranoid about my hair being to poufy buy DH assured that it wasn't and everyone complimented my hair.

I always feel like my hair is growing!! It feels like my hair is always poufy!
    I am excited and thinking about trying some curl junkie.

Hahaha! I totally know this feeling!! I get it all the time. I'm kinda newish too, sorta maybe...

Anyway, Once I find a good regimen (which I never seem to settle), I stop the worrying, but whenever I try a new product, I get that feeling again, since I can't see it, haha.

Sounds like you're definitly getting the hang of this CG thing! I'm happy you're liking your natural hair!!

PS I lurrrve red hair! :]
    3B ; BSL; Low Porosity; Med Texture; CG since July '10.
    Clean: Ever Sleek
    Treat: EVCO, Neutrogena 3xMoisture
    Tools: Boar Brush, wide tooth comb
    Styler: Garnier Sleek&Shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file