BE HONEST: What do Black women with 4a/4b hair think of black women with 3a/3b hair?

l'animauxl'animaux Posts: 5Registered Users
I'm black and I find that a lot of black women give me negativity for my hair (3b) Most of you will probably assume that I'm mixed, but I'm all black on both sides. My hair wasn't always 3b more like 4b, but my amazing hair dresser has changed the texture of my hair.

What do you honestly first think when you see a black woman with 3b hair?

Comments

• cgardner4ucgardner4u Posts: 14Registered Users
    l'animaux wrote: »
    I'm black and I find that a lot of black women give me negativity for my hair (3b) Most of you will probably assume that I'm mixed, but I'm all black on both sides. My hair wasn't always 3b more like 4b, but my amazing hair dresser has changed the texture of my hair.

Well... I don't really think too much about hair type. I've been noticing more and more black women are wearing their hair natural, so when I see natural hair (no matter the texture), I think it's beautiful.

Now when you say, "black women give you negativity" regarding your hair, what do mean by that? Are you getting evil stares or has someone said something negative to you directly? I wouldn't care, be proud of your natural hair... which brings me to my next question –– how did your stylist manage to change the texture of your hair from 4b to 3b:scratch:?
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Barber: "What kind of chemical you put in your hair."

Prince: "I don't use no checmicals, just jucies and berries."

Barber: "Ah man that ain't nothing but ultra perm."
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Ok so let's pretend for a minute you're not a troll...you have type 4 hair which you have altered to make a type 3...so what do you think of women with type 3 hair? Do you feel negative towards them b/c theirs is natural and yours is not?
    comic-p.jpg
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Please ignore this troll.

I hate when ig'nant folk try to start some ****.

Can your amazing stylist turn straw into gold?

How about **** into sugar?

:tongue10::dwarf:
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    cgardner4u wrote: »

Well... I don't really think too much about hair type. I've been noticing more and more black women are wearing their hair natural, so when I see natural hair (no matter the texture), I think it's beautiful.

Now when you say, "black women give you negativity" regarding your hair, what do mean by that? Are you getting evil stares or has someone said something negative to you directly? I wouldn't care, be proud of your natural hair... which brings me to my next question –– how did your stylist manage to change the texture of your hair from 4b to 3b:scratch:?
    +1 please do tell from 4b to 3b?????? theres no way sounds like a texturizer played a part in that (no offense)
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    Please ignore this troll.

I hate when ig'nant folk try to start some ****.

Can your amazing stylist turn straw into gold?

How about **** into sugar?

:tongue10::dwarf:
    ROFL LOL AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• butterflyjubutterflyju Posts: 53Registered Users
    Yall are too funny :laughing5:. I want to know too, sounds like its been altered a little
    Hair: 4b/c
    BC: sept '09
    Last relaxer: Apr '09
    Shampoo: 365 whole food brand
    Co-wash: Suave coconut
    DC: phytojoba or alter ego (I add a little EVOO and honey to both:sunny:)
    Twist outs: Miss jessies curly pudding
    Experimenting with: unrefined cocnut oil, infusium23 leave in, KCCC, and anything I can get my hands on :thumbup:
    (I plan on shortening this list as I find out what my hair likes!!!!)
  • teachermrwteachermrw Curl Neophyte Posts: 269Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Honestly, I haven't thought anything about it at all.
    Your hair is your most important accessory.

event.png
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Oh boy.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
This discussion has been closed.