Nyc Meet Up!

NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
Yo!! What do you guys say to another NYC meet up? The last time was like in October, right? I think we are due for another one!!!:toothy10: Plus, it's spring, the birds are churping, the grass is growing, and it's right before people start going on vacation. What do you say? Like around April or May?

Just want to get a feel if people are interested. I had the BEST time with you ladies at the last meeting and I'd love to see you and new faces again!!!!
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:

Comments

• MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Posts: 625Registered Users
    I'm ALL in...:lurk:
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
  • bellepaysbellepays Posts: 38Registered Users
    Yay! I'm IN...I LOVE to actually chat about our hair but I'm dying to see the stares if we ALL go clubbing together...ne one know of any good restaurant/lounges...our pics would be FABULOUS :-D
    4a/3c Product Junkie here!

Holy Grail - KCCC of course :blob7:

Really interested in more natural products but don't really like to mix them myself.

I think my hair LOVES oil but need to use them more.

Have done a Henna treatment once and am hoping to do another one soon.
  • Princess246Princess246 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hi ladies. I'm in!

Bellepays, the restaurant/lounge idea sounds good. I like Negrils, although the lounge is pretty small. The food is pretty good.
  • curlsugarcurlsugar Posts: 240Registered Users
    i would love to go. i went the to one in harlem, but i think there was another one in january too.

negril's food is good but the wait is always insane! but i am totally up for a place more downtown this time.
    Natural since '03
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Bellpays - Girl, the meet up in October was so great because we caught the attention of a table of 3 women with relaxers! By the end of our conversation they were ALL thinking of going natural! And yes, it was so cool cause our big hair got a lot of attention.:afro:

Honestly, that's part of the reason I'm so excited to go this time too, cause my fro is MUCH bigger!!

Guys, lets throw out ideas. First, when would be good for everyone? April? May? Saturday? Beginning of the month? End of the month? We need to pick a time when the most people are free to come.

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

• naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    May would be great for me:D. Negrils's sounds great. I can't remember the name of the restaurant I'm thinking of but I'll holla back!
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • tressedforsuccesstressedforsuccess Curl Neophyte Posts: 87Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I normally lurk, but I'd definitely be up for this.
  • crazycurlienaturalcrazycurlienatural Posts: 9Registered Users
    I would love to come also. I'm from jersey but we never have anything going on so I have no problem hopping on the train.
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Curl Neophyte Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would love to go to another meet up. I had so much fun the last time.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I'm down :D

I'm going to be out of town from 4/22-4/29, so May will work better for me.

There is an Italian restuarant in Chelsea called Il Buschetta that has a private room that can hold a large group.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
    So it sounds like May might be best for everyone. How does Saturday, May 8 sound to everyone? Say 2pm? The only reason I say 2pm is cause we said 1:30pm last time and almost everyone came a little after 2.:laughing8:

Also, has anyone ever heard of Braai? It's a South African restaurant and the food is really good. It's in midtown on 51st street....And on the weekends it's pretty much dead so there would be no problem with seating...just throwing that out there. Let me know what you guys think about the date and time!

Holy Grails:

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Date and time sound good to me :D

And I've been to Braai before. Good food, but the waiters were...interesting.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • maybejadeymaybejadey Posts: 198Registered Users
    Aww, I'm gonna miss ya'll by a month. I'll be in NYC for the summer to study for the bar exam, but not until June. :sad7: You ladies have fun!
    Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
    :Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

• Princess246Princess246 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Date and time works for me also.
    maybejadey wrote: »
    Aww, I'm gonna miss ya'll by a month. I'll be in NYC for the summer to study for the bar exam, but not until June. :sad7: You ladies have fun!

Awww, maybe we can have another meet up in June also. I know it's early but good luck on your exam!!!!
  • jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    ooo me, me I'm in!
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
    Hotness people!!! Pure HOTNESS!:icescream:

So sounds like May 8 at 2pm is confirmed unless someone has a huge objection. Now for the restaurant: Why don't we keep this thread alive while people make suggestions, then we put it to a vote in like a week? Then everyone will have like 2 weeks to vote until we close the voting and I'll make reservations at wherever we decide.

Holy Grails:

• NuYorkKinksnCoilsNuYorkKinksnCoils Posts: 14Registered Users
    I would love to come!!! I may be away that weekend...i'll keep checking the post though!:thumright:
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Curl Neophyte Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would love to be apart of this any month is good for me keep me posted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Curl Neophyte Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sounds like a plan, are we doing a swap too?
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    Time and date work for me I'm in:toothy2:.
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
    sounds like a plan, are we doing a swap too?

Why not?! I once again have stuff I'm desperate to get out of my cabinet and I'm sure you guys do too. Last swap went pretty well, right? Everyone bring yo' stuff!!!

We are on the right track ladies! We have a date and time confirmed, swap, and we have plenty of time to make a final decision on the restaurant. Can't wait to see you lovely ladies again!!!!:love5:

Holy Grails:

• hypnotichypnotic Posts: 613Registered Users
    Have fun I can't make it this time around.:sad2:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50, Nexxus Aloe Rid
    Detangling Conditioner: Oyin Honey Hemp, EO Sweet Orange
    Cowash Conditioner:
    Suave Naturals Sea Breeze, V05 Tea Therapy, Oyin Honey Hemp
    Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Spa Siam Coconut Hair Mask, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask
    Leave-in Conditioner: Afroveda NU Milk Hair Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-in, Knot Today
    Stylers: SheaMoisture, JC Nourish and Shine, Burdock Root Butter Cream, Afroveda CocoLatte Moisture Mask
  • chicbutterflylovachicbutterflylova Curl Neophyte Posts: 15Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :blob:I just joined the site and would love to come to this meetup. Glad to finally be able to find a natural hair meetup in NYC......whooo whoo :afro:
  • LaFemmeBouclesLaFemmeBoucles Posts: 49Registered Users
    African food in the company of Naturalistas!
    Count me in! :)
    If I'm losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher towards God and He steadies me. It works every time, and not just in yoga
    3c/4a -> loving life, curls, butters and yoga!
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    oooooo can I come??? Pretty please??

I'm not 100% natural yet, still transitioning but I'd love to meet some naturals to encourage me to chop, cuz i'm getting tired of transitioning!
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • bushbabybushbaby Posts: 18Registered Users
    im new to the natural world but i would love to join. this will be my first natural meet up and im excited. :)
  • NATURALLYchipmunkkNATURALLYchipmunkk Posts: 125Registered Users
    ohhhhh i wanna go go go g =)
    Hair type: Some random curly fuzzy stringy stuff God planted on my head
    Deep conditioners: Homemade baby (honey, yogurt, eggs, shea butter whippd)
    Oils: Shea, Jojoba, Castor
    Vitamins: Biotin 1000 mcgs, Prenatals

event.png

Not jus' a round faced girl, but a NATURAL round faced girl
    2vdmh74.jpg
  • NATURALLYchipmunkkNATURALLYchipmunkk Posts: 125Registered Users
    So it sounds like May might be best for everyone. How does Saturday, May 8 sound to everyone? Say 2pm? The only reason I say 2pm is cause we said 1:30pm last time and almost everyone came a little after 2.:laughing8:

Also, has anyone ever heard of Braai? It's a South African restaurant and the food is really good. It's in midtown on 51st street....And on the weekends it's pretty much dead so there would be no problem with seating...just throwing that out there. Let me know what you guys think about the date and time!

=) can we bring our permd friends to show them the good side lol
    Hair type: Some random curly fuzzy stringy stuff God planted on my head
    Deep conditioners: Homemade baby (honey, yogurt, eggs, shea butter whippd)
    Oils: Shea, Jojoba, Castor
    Vitamins: Biotin 1000 mcgs, Prenatals

event.png

Not jus' a round faced girl, but a NATURAL round faced girl
    2vdmh74.jpg
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nubiancoils! I was just thinking about how we talked about having a meetup in April and was wondering where the thread was! Idk how I missed this! Anyway, you know I'll be there. Not really into the swappy swap lol b/c of my last experience. But I will bring the things I would throw out otherwise. Ya never know what somebody might be able to use. The midtown restaurant works for me. I'm not one for African food but its walking distance to my house and as always, I'm going for the hair, not the food!
    comic-p.jpg
    Nubiancoils! I was just thinking about how we talked about having a meetup in April and was wondering where the thread was! Idk how I missed this! Anyway, you know I'll be there. Not really into the swappy swap lol b/c of my last experience. But I will bring the things I would throw out otherwise. Ya never know what somebody might be able to use. The midtown restaurant works for me. I'm not one for African food but its walking distance to my house and as always, I'm going for the hair, not the food!

Girl whatup!!! It would not be the same without you there so I'm very happy you're coming.:blob3:

And remember, your last swap experience wasn't with the NC women so it might be much better this time. At the last NC meeting my swapping experience was great! I even got two products that are now in my rotation (Qhemet soft gel and KBB hair butter).

And I bet you $5 you'll LOVE Braai. It's South African and very delicious. Check out their website and menu. I also thought of this place because on a weekend it seems like it would be really easy to book and we'd prettymuch have the place to ourselves because they really only get busy during dinner.

BUT if you lovely ladies have a better selection or another restaurant, please say so! We'll put it up to a vote and I'll make reservations where the majority of us decide.:alien:

Holy Grails:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file