Ok so we know that there are PJ's but are their any RJs???

Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
By RJ I mean Recipe Junkie. I've found that I've been obsessed with making my own products. If I read a recipe that sounds good I'll try it. I'll even order products to copy other companies' ingredients. I really feel like I'm obsessed with it.

Does anyone else have this same issue?
subbrock wrote: »
- don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    me me me!!!!

I've really got into making my own stuff lately. I just received my last lot of restock for my raw materials. I've made my own face and body lotion for over a year now and I'm venturing into conditioner (I just made some and used it...LOVE IT) deep conditioner and styling butter

I have an itch to try and make my own version QB amla and olive heavy cream. If I do that, I'm probably never buying any hair products again...but I LOVE my QB AOHC

I'm obsessed yes, but I just love it. It helps relax me and makes me feel good and have a sense of accomplishment when I use what I make and my hair and responds so well to it
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    Girl exactly!!!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. I have bought books and E-books and so many materials. I have sites bookmarked and shopping carts saved and still so many things I wanna try.

I need to get some amla oil. I see it online but in the stores they are basically mineral oil. Where do you get your amla oil?
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com

• coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    Girl exactly!!!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. I have bought books and E-books and so many materials. I have sites bookmarked and shopping carts saved and still so many things I wanna try.

I need to get some amla oil. I see it online but in the stores they are basically mineral oil. Where do you get your amla oil?

I make it myself. You can infuse amla into whatever oil you wish. I use amla powder (as well as other herbs) and infuse in fractionated coconut oil (see my ayurvedic herb pomade in this forum)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    coilynapp wrote: »
    Girl exactly!!!

I make it myself. You can infuse amla into whatever oil you wish. I use amla powder (as well as other herbs) and infuse in fractionated coconut oil (see my ayurvedic herb pomade in this forum)
    Wow I didn't even know you could make your own amla oil. Where do you get the powder form?

www.lifestarbeauty.com

• hookilauhookilau Registered Users Posts: 269
    so I guess I was in a bit of denial but...(hanging head) I guess that's me too.:angel12:

Cali; I get mine from a local Indian grocer. You can buy amla powder online too though. All you need is a neighborhood with a high East Indian demographic and you'll find tons of stuff, cheap too :notworthy:.
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3:
  • MochachinoMochachino Registered Users Posts: 191
    coilynapp wrote: »
    Girl exactly!!!

How do you infuse oils?
    I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
    And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
    Alana Davis "Crazy"
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    I saw a TV commercial the other day (don't remember what it was for), where a mad scientist was working in his lab and something exploded. His hair was sticking up everywhere.

Mom, aware of all the potions and ingredients in my bathroom cabinet, said, "That's going to happen to you."

I just said, "Possibly... but my hair already looks like that, so it won't make much difference." :laughing1:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    I was in the summer with deep conditioner mixes, but now I'm tweaking my home leave-in conditioner
    scalp oil, AVC rise, moist spritz. So yeah Me too.

I love playing with my leave-in, use Trade Joes N&S as a base then beef it up with, my homemade infused oils, aloe juice, and homemade herbal extract, its the consistancy of a hair milk I love it, best leave I have used, plus it saves money, comparing to the money I have shelled out For KBB hair milk.

My sclap mix, is lot of great herbs infused in oil, plus food grade aloe vera gel, & tea tree oil. I L-O-V-E it.

Those are the two I'm proud of, My hair has never been so healthy and its just fun!
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • NyCurLiiNyCurLii Registered Users Posts: 58
    Yeah I think most of the people on this site have a little RJ in them. And I dont see why they wouldnt. It makes the hair care journey that more personal because you know what its going into your hair. You are learning what works and what doesn't. Store brand items work for the masses. what you make works for you. And only you. I'm very excited to get my own recipes and make my cabinets look like a hair salon! :laughing3:
    :homework:...Doing the homework on my hair but failing miserably!
    *B.C 3.18.10*

I'm slowly going crazy over the progress of my hair... I'm content with the length but the texture is not how i want it!
  • buckeyebuckeye Registered Users Posts: 129
    me, me, me :D

right now I'm on a homemade facial toner/moisturizer kick...but I have discovered the fun that is homemade FSG, and I'm hooked :lol: once I get into it more, I'm hoping to make most, if not all, of my hair and facial care products!
    :toothy7: on my CG journey since 10/31/09
    **2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
    cleansers: CJ DF
    co-wash: TJ TTT/Suave DC
    rinse out/treatments: YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
    Stylers: homemade FSG/HETMS spray
    :thumbleft: pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
    :thumbdown: glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel :(
  • Fantastic1221Fantastic1221 Registered Users Posts: 356
    Me too!
    Its all I do. I can never buy a product and use just that. I always have to add something and make it my own( which tends to be better than the original).
    I mix my own:
    conditioner
    hair lotions
    hair and moisture sprays
    shea butter
    oil
    ACV wash
    hair gel
    3c front crown,4a in middle back
    LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

http://dtcp.tumblr.com/"]My Blog
    Hair Regimen