I DONT KNOW WHAT DO DO!!!!! should i continue???

Fresh4thefutureFresh4thefuture Posts: 43Registered Users
IM SCARED im not sure if i can do the transitioning this for as long as i want it to be (which is shoulder length) but its really hard to take care of and its only been maybe 6 months.

I feel like i should get a perm or relaxer now but i know that i will regret it and feel horrible for not finishing what i started.

And im also in 8th grade so i dont have much money or time to do alot with my hair .But i dont want to re-start going natural when im older because i want to just get this done before im an adult so wheni start to work and do many things that i dontt have to deal with what im dealing with now.

Please help i have type maybe type 3c/4a/4b

Comments

• bambiibambii Posts: 28Registered Users
    Why don't you just get rid of the relaxed ends ? Infact the real question is .. why are you "considering" going back natural ? If you have a really genuine reason as to why you have made that decision then the thought of perming and relaxing again shouldn't enter your mind.
    It is going to be hard, but I guess it is just a test to make sure if you really can do it . Give your hair a break so you can make up your mind about what you really want.

Or do like what i did , snip off pieces of the relaxed ends and play with them every single night .. sigh ... im so lame
    Transitioning since Sep 17 2009
    BC Due Date: Jam 30 2010
    Oct 24 2009 - made henna and put in freezer for the day of my bc .. yes i know .. i prepare well in advance
  • BublinBublin Posts: 15Registered Users
    Cut off some of the relaxed ends. It will make detangling and styling a bit easier. Keep up the moisture and get some cornrows or braids done so you keep your hands out of your head for a while.
  • FunkyCurlGurlFunkyCurlGurl Posts: 264Registered Users
    bambii wrote: »
    Why don't you just get rid of the relaxed ends ? Infact the real question is .. why are you "considering" going back natural ? If you have a really genuine reason as to why you have made that decision then the thought of perming and relaxing again shouldn't enter your mind.
    It is going to be hard, but I guess it is just a test to make sure if you really can do it . Give your hair a break so you can make up your mind about what you really want.

Or do like what i did , snip off pieces of the relaxed ends and play with them every single night .. sigh ... im so lame

:laughing3: That nearly had me rolling.

But seriously, in the end you should do what's right for you. Make sure you're going natural because you want to. It's not for everybody, and it is a lot of the work, but the payoff is great. If you know you'll regret getting a relaxerm then you probably shouldn't. I think it would be worse to have to start over. Fight on, girl.
    event.png

http://public.fotki.com/funkycurlgirl/
    "when I feel her jump up and dance / I hear the music! my God / i'm talking about my nappy hair!"
    - Lucille Clifton, "Homage to my Hair."
  • lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    My 2 Cents
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    If you are not ready BC your hair just throw it in braids and forget about it for awhile. Everyone hits that moment I did too. It will pass.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Posts: 240Registered Users
    I transitioned in 9th grade. It was really difficult because there were a lot of times I felt ugly and clueless, but I'm so happy I stuck it out. Actually, my mother and aunt convinced me to get "one last touch-up" of relaxer after I had already grown out about 3 inches. I felt pressured, so I did it and it was something that I still regret. I felt like I had lost a lot of progress and like I compromised what I wanted for other people's opinions.

There are a lot of ways to deal with transitioning; you've gotten some geat advice so far. Personally, I recommend you stick with it because there is a finish line! And you'll be so proud and happy when you reach it.

I don't mean to preach or anyting--my bad! I just am so excited for people who decide to "go natural", and you should feel encouraged and supported; people here have a lot of good advice to guide you.

Good luck
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
  • blaquesugablaquesuga Posts: 5Registered Users
    try loose braids-get your natural hair braided w/o weave if possible. make sure you mist it everyday with a healthy conditioner. Pay money for one good bottle of carols daughter or another natural brand that you feel comfortable with. Good luck and be strong :-)
    I wish you were in dallas, I would do you kinky twist. Anyway get some kinky twist
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
    I transitioned in 9th grade. It was really difficult because there were a lot of times I felt ugly and clueless, but I'm so happy I stuck it out. Actually, my mother and aunt convinced me to get "one last touch-up" of relaxer after I had already grown out about 3 inches. I felt pressured, so I did it and it was something that I still regret. I felt like I had lost a lot of progress and like I compromised what I wanted for other people's opinions.

There are a lot of ways to deal with transitioning; you've gotten some geat advice so far. Personally, I recommend you stick with it because there is a finish line! And you'll be so proud and happy when you reach it.

I don't mean to preach or anyting--my bad! I just am so excited for people who decide to "go natural", and you should feel encouraged and supported; people here have a lot of good advice to guide you.

Good luck

GREAT ADVICE!
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

• lldm2lldm2 Posts: 173Registered Users
    I'm in the 8th grade too.
    Originally, I was growing out my hair because I wanted to and my mother thought it was a good idea.
    Then when I wanted to get a relaxer again, my mother said no since my hair stopped breaking off and starting becoming healthy and natural.
    So, since it's her car and her money to get my relaxer, it looks like I'm going natural and staying natural.

Anyway, just keep at it.
    You'll be happy you did in the end.

I still have a lot of my relaxed ends left... but I've recently been snipping off inches of hair at a time in the mornings before going to school.
    Nobody even notices :P
    3c/4a

Wanting;
    APL/MBL
  • mixedchickfrom86mixedchickfrom86 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I think you should just keep at it. It gets hard sometimes, especially when the new growth starts getting long.. like @ six months. Don't give up just yet. I mean, you've already made it six whole months! That's something to be proud of.. you made it that far. Maybe you should try a new transitioning style, and give your hair a break... get your mind off it. Or do what I did, go to the Dominicans and get a blow-out, although I'll be the first to say that it's not the healthiest option out there, but in a pinch, it works (for me, at least). Good luck to you hun!
  • Fresh4thefutureFresh4thefuture Posts: 43Registered Users
    Thanks all of you
    I think ill keep on going :occasion9:
    And i asked my mom and she said soon i can get my hair braided, so that will give me a brake.
  • laleepop14laleepop14 Posts: 23Registered Users
    Thanks all of you
    I think ill keep on going :occasion9:
    And i asked my mom and she said soon i can get my hair braided, so that will give me a brake.

GREAT!!! Its already been 6 months..so yeah braid it up and forget about it for a while!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    What wonderful advice the ladies have given you!

We're here for you, whatever you decide, but you've invested so much time already, I say keep at it!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file