Questions about Coppola treatment

Raven CurlRaven Curl Posts: 45Registered Users
Hi. :hello2: This board was the first place I have ever heard about this treatment and others such as the brazillian treatment. I've been doing research for a couple of weeks and really need some questions answered about Coppola.

From what I understand, they use a derivative of formaldehyde called Aldehyde. Is this really safe? There are experiences on the web of women and stylists throat burning and coughing during the process when the hair is flat ironed.:? Have any of you had that happen?

I would love to have beautiful straight hair, but I won't risk my health to have it. However, I hear so many conflicting stories on whether this is safe or not. I know some of you believe that Brazilian Blowout and others that use straight formaldehyde are out of the question, but I need to know if Coppola is safe...and if so, how much more safe.

Also, I'm not trying to start a debate or anything. I just need to know so I can make a decision on whether I want to do this or not. Thanks!
Hair Type: mix of 2c/3a

Modified CG
Low poo-Organix Coconut
Co Wash-Suave Naturals Coconut
Leave-In-Suave Naturals Coconut or Deva leave-in
Styling-3 Sisters of Nature curling gelo, FSG, LA Looks sport gel

Comments

• Raven CurlRaven Curl Posts: 45Registered Users
    Hmm, no replies...does anyone have any insight?:sad11:
    Hair Type: mix of 2c/3a

Modified CG
    Low poo-Organix Coconut
    Co Wash-Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave-In-Suave Naturals Coconut or Deva leave-in
    Styling-3 Sisters of Nature curling gelo, FSG, LA Looks sport gel
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    I did the BKT on August 20th, and I haven't had any problems with the formalehyde. When blow-drying and flat-ironing, the fumes are directed at the stylist, not you, and my stylist hasn't had any problems with the formalehyde, either. Of course, if you're that concerned, you can wear a mask.
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• PJsMomPJsMom Posts: 173Registered Users
    The treatment was done and I only had a whiff of any odor when she was applying, but it wasn't overwhelming. The stylist had the fan on and it was ventilated enough for she and I. I'll be coming up on my second treatment in October, (waiting 3 months), and I love my results. I will say, I used the Liquid Keratin, which I had an allergic reaction to and was very disappointed. I was skeptical to do the Coppola, fearful that I would have the same reaction, but I didn't, and I'm happy with my results.
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006
  • acmilesacmiles Posts: 3Registered Users
    I had the Keratin Treatment done on 9/2 and I was very worried about how it would turn out since it was so expensive. Before the treatment I was a 3b/3c. Now i'm a 2a (if even). I have the faintest hint of wave. I love it!
  • anniemaeanniemae Curl Neophyte Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had the Coppola Keratin treatment done on 8/7, and I love it. There was only a very mild smell as she was putting it on my hair. It wasn't bad at all. I was also worried about the formaldehydes, but after thinking about it for almost 2 years, I decided to go for it. It has really changed my life. My hair is so easy to style now. I usually let it just air-dry or simply blow it out with my hands. I went from about a 2b to a 2a (I think). The best part is not having frizz!! I will probably do this again next spring/summer.

Good luck with your decision. :love5:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • CurlykissesCurlykisses Posts: 5Registered Users
    acmiles wrote: »
    I had the Keratin Treatment done on 9/2 and I was very worried about how it would turn out since it was so expensive. Before the treatment I was a 3b/3c. Now i'm a 2a (if even). I have the faintest hint of wave. I love it!

Did you get the Coppola Treatment done cause I have 3b/3a to and i wanted to get this done but when i get my hair straighten it is so frizzy and puffy and dry not smooth at all like some girls. When they do it with the treatment does it do the same thing?
  • morningstarmorningstar Curl Connoisseur Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had the Coppola treatment done today - of course its the first time it had rained in twelve days and I had to run for cover all day! Told my husband I couldn't go to the Red Sox game with him because it was raining - that didn't go over too well. Oh, the things we have to do for our hair.
    Anyways, back to the thread - I didn't have a problem with the smell at all and I am overly sensitive to smells. I had my hair colored first and that smelled like chemicals and made my eyes burn a bit; but the keratin only smelled like coconuts to me. I can't wait until Monday to wash and see how it comes out.
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file