Even my boyfriend e.e

o0SurfingCat0oo0SurfingCat0o Registered Users Posts: 8
So I was talking to my boyfriend today and he looked at me and smiled, then said "You should straighten your hair."

BLAH. No thanks! My face is NOTHING without the volume of my big curly hair. I look horrible with straight hair, and straightening my hair is pretty much suicide because my hair is so fine it fries the ends right up.

I'm thinking about maybe straightening my hair once just so he can see how wrong he was, but then again, it would kill my hair! D: Urg, why can't people just accept curly hair?

Comments

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Registered Users Posts: 345
    So I was talking to my boyfriend today and he looked at me and smiled, then said "You should straighten your hair."

BLAH. No thanks! My face is NOTHING without the volume of my big curly hair. I look horrible with straight hair, and straightening my hair is pretty much suicide because my hair is so fine it fries the ends right up.

I'm thinking about maybe straightening my hair once just so he can see how wrong he was, but then again, it would kill my hair! D: Urg, why can't people just accept curly hair?

Honestly, I would advise you not to straighten at all and if he repeats that comment, then just tell him what you just said here. If he's a true boyfriend, he'll try to accept the way you look and he won't bring it up again. But, if you really wanna do it, then make sure to use a heat protecting styling product on your hair before blow-drying and flat-ironing and then some leave-in on your ends after straightening. HTH:icon_smile:
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• o0SurfingCat0oo0SurfingCat0o Registered Users Posts: 8
    Hehehe, thanks :D I appreciate it.
  • Kelly512Kelly512 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Maybe tell him to curl his hair instead.

Curls need to be free. People need to recognize. 8-)
    2B on top/3A on bottom w/ a little 3B mixed in.... Medium w/ med porosity

Cleanse: V05 or Suave Clarifying Condish

Moisturize: AOHR, GVP Balm, TooShea, Kenra

Stylers: CJ CCCC & Smoothing Gellie, BRHG

Other: ACV rinse when needed, Jessicurl WDT weekly

Just discovered Curl Junkie products! :love1:
    Kelly512 wrote: »

Funny thing about that
    His hair is curly.. But he straightens it!
  • curlygirl1995curlygirl1995 Registered Users Posts: 48
    I would smack him right across his face! ;)
    Lol! Jk, but seriously, guys can be the worst about that stuff.

event.png
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812

Funny thing about that

HE straightens his hair? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. He sounds like a loser. Sorry.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• sillyelliesillyellie Registered Users Posts: 63
    Ugh, i remember last year i was dating on guy and he definately not impressive looking it was the whole
    beauty and the beast thing. Usually i'd never say that about anyone it was true. Most of the time i saw him was at work (dental clinic) and he had a mask on. Anyway he used to always ask me questions like why dont you get contacts, straighten your hair, put more makeup on, or tone up. The last one really got me cause im like 105 at 5'0. Thats outrageous. Needless to say that was a douchey boyfriend && we broke up because he tried to mess around with girl at my hs.

:disgust:

guys like that suck. the guy i started liking after him was much better. I straighten once every two months and he used to ask why dont i keep it curly its cuter and natural. :love5:& he wasnt even my bf.
    SydneyCurl wrote: »

Funny thing about that

HE straightens his hair? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. He sounds like a loser. Sorry.

He's not a loser, but he's all into the emo thing (Even though he's in denial ;P) and so.. Well, yeah. I've been telling him that his hair is amazing curly and he doesn't need to press the poor things out, and he's slowly coming to realize that curly hair is for the win, but it's taking a lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file