Avocado Butter

SummerRubySummerRuby Registered Users Posts: 468
Since I found out that my hair hates shea butter (and heavy oils like castor and olive oil in general) no matter how I apply or mix it, I've been looking for a lighter butter, and I'm interested in avocado butter.

How light is avocado butter? How moisturizing is it?

Could avocado butter be used as a daily moisturizer (for 4a/b hair, specifically)? Like, does anyone apply it to wet hair and seal it in?

I've found one store close to where I live that sells something called "100% pure avocado cream". Is this "cream" the same as avocado butter? It comes in a clear, plastic container that you would often see shea butter in.

Comments

• geodegeode Registered Users Posts: 70
    You may want to check the label to find out exactly what's in that avocado cream. I found a blog that may help you determine the difference between butters and creams. I think the slant in the article is more toward body butters and creams, but I think the definitions would be basically the same as far as how the term is chemically defined:

http://solarkateco.blogspot.com/2006/06/difference-between-body-butter-balm.html

Hope this helps!
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    a cream has water (or some sort of liquid e.g., aloe vera juice/gel, hyrdosol, flax seed gel) a butter does not

avocado butter is simply avocado oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil

this avocado "cream" sounds like it's made with avocado oil/butter and other ingredients which include some sort of liquid and if so hopefully a preservative

look at the ingredients of the products to be sure

HTH
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Registered Users Posts: 436
    coilynapp wrote: »
    a cream has water (or some sort of liquid e.g., aloe vera juice/gel, hyrdosol, flax seed gel) a butter does not

avocado butter is simply avocado oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil

this avocado "cream" sounds like it's made with avocado oil/butter and other ingredients which include some sort of liquid and if so hopefully a preservative

look at the ingredients of the products to be sure

HTH

Really? I'm better off with just my avocado oil then....
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • TheCurlyOneTheCurlyOne Registered Users Posts: 52
    They probably aren't labeling things right but Im assuming it is the same and they just whipped the avocado butter to make it a creamy texture. Very misleading and inaccurate of them...but that may be what it is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file