New CG product at Aldi

hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Registered Users Posts: 75
I've mentioned on here before that I really like Aldi's deep condish and gel. They're sold under the Shique name but are comparable to Matrix Biolage according to the package.

Aldi just introduced some new hair products and so far I'm loving the mousse. The brand is Lume and it looks like there's a few different products, but I've only tried the mousse.

It's CG as far as I can tell and cheap to boot. Only $3.99. It has a bit of a citrus scent which might be strong for some folks, but I don't really mind it.

I'm thinking of trying some of the other Lume products if they're also CG. Didn't take the time to look when I was last there.

All in all, my routine is mostly made up of Aldi products and they've worked better than more expensive products I've tried. I also really like their skincare line called Lacura. The moisturizers are dirt cheap and work better than any other moisturizer I've ever tried. (The make-up is garbage though. I wouldn't recommend it at all.)

Comments

• AmericanWomanAmericanWoman Registered Users Posts: 46
    II like the Lacura waterproof mascara. It works ok for me. Have't tried the other makeup though. The Shique conditioner was good, but I think it has cones. There was some reason I stopped using it any
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hunnybeemayhunnybeemay Registered Users Posts: 75
    I tried the mascara but the scent was too much for me.

No cones in the condish. I'm due for a new bottle very soon. I think it's the first condish I've ever used up! Perhaps they've changed the formulation, though. I really like the Shique gel too.

I tried the Lacura foundation and it wasn't that great. Very chalky if I remember correctly. I still love, love, love the moisturizers though! I figure if I get a good assortment of great products at Aldi, then that frees up some cash to spend on the stuff I can't get there.....(like my Obagi. Oy, it's so expensive, but works soooo good.)
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    Unless they've changed the formula very recently, there are no 'cones in the conditioner. I like it as a base for my henna glosses and as my regular rinse-out when I don't want the protein from AOGPB - more often than not lately, though, I use the latter.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • SheBrosSheBros Registered Users Posts: 332
    HunnyBee: Thanks for posting this info. I have an Aldi in my town and shop there a couple times a week. I'm going to check out the hair care products.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • SheBrosSheBros Registered Users Posts: 332
    I just picked up the Shique Deep Conditioner and the Styling Gelee. I compared the ingredients to Biolage and they are almost identical with the exception of a couple of ingredients that are low on the list and switched around a bit. I'm planning to try them tomorrow morning and keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • NerdycurlNerdycurl Registered Users Posts: 87
    Okay, so after reading this thread (and a few others on the same topic) I went out last night and picked up the Shique condish and Gel. Sweet mother of God. I am new to the CG thing, but I must say I have NEVER had a better hair day. I just want to shout it from the rooftops. This stuff is amazing! Here's what I did:
    Cowashed with Suave Coconut, conditioned with the Shique. Rinsed with Ice Queen method. Added a bit more Shique as a leave-in. Added Mop-C curl cream and Shique Gel. Plopped for about an hour. Then did the super soaker and added a teeny bit more gel. Plopped again for about 10 minutes. I just now SOTC (with some SIF), and I can't stop looking at my hair!
    Time will tell how the hold is, but my hair is looking fab-u-lous right now. Yay!!
    3b I think :)

Current rotation: CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Condish, Suave Coconut, AOHR, CJCCCC, KKKT, KCCC
    HGs: EcoStyler, Coconut oil, KY, ACV, BRHG, LOOB, Curl Rehab, Deva AnGel, GTTT Condish, CIAB!
    <3 Curl Junkie <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file