CurlTalk

Tried the Cherry Lola Again and IT ROCKED!

cassadie3cassadie3 Posts: 506Registered Users
Seriously...left my hair with the plumpest, defined curls. The first time, I still had a lot of frizz, but that might have been my fault because I used the shower to rinse (which she specifically said NOT to do).

No gel needed, just a little leave in. And my hair is super soft, moisturized, shiny, super coily and happy!!!

(see pix on my blog + fotki in siggie)
:::::::joie de vivre:::::::
last relaxer: November 2008
big chop: November 2009
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4a, fine, dense, teeny weeny coils with low porosity

Comments

• rosscdrosscd Posts: 464Registered Users
    I just started doing this again myself. I add a little conditioner to it (thanks ElleP). It has done wonders. I will be doing this every 4-5 days going forward. I have noticed a definate difference in my hair.
    4a Curly :icon_smile:

Been natural since Jan 09. BCing is my thing!! Love to keep a tight TWA!

My Staples:
    CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Love the Cherry Lola!! I did one the other day and was happy...even in the shower it decreases my frizz like crazy. I'm going to try pouring this weekend! :)
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    How exactly is a cherry lola treatment done? What ingredients must you use?

@cassadie3
    Your curls look gorgeous. :D
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cassadie3cassadie3 Posts: 506Registered Users
    i mixed 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/8 cup Amino Acids, 1/8 baking soda til it gets really light and fluffy. Added a bit of honey, olive oil, and amla oil. Put on my hair and left beneath a shower cap for 10 min. Rinsed out by pouring water from a bowl over my head. took a bit of extra, but worth it, effort.

a little bit of leave in, shake and go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Thanks alot for the recipe. :D
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I bought my Bragg's Amino acids and my greek yogurt at the health store today. In her video she said don't use low fat yogurt. I'm so excited to try this!!
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    Yes, i have used both non fat and full fat yogurt - full fat is much better!
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    +1 on the good and fatty stuff!!!

let us know how it goes!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ............ Posts: 102Registered Users
    I like!!:blob3:
    How long does a cherry lola last??
    is there a braggs substitute?

Mine lasted about 3 before I started seeing a significant amount of frizz, but that could have been because I had my hands in my hair a lot and fell asleep with it unwrapped one night....

I havent heard of a substitute for Braggs, but I'm sure there is one. Try to find "liquid amino acids" @ a health foods store. or I know you can get it online....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ............ Posts: 102Registered Users
    Nice! Im going to try this!
    btw I love your blog!
    (yours too elle pixie!)
    :toothy8:

Thanks! It really is a great treatment...just don't leave it on for too long or use too much baking soda as it can dry out your hair. Let us know how it goes!
    YouTube
    Thanks too! + 1 on the not leaving it on too long...my hair was way more moisturized after 10 minutes than the 45 I tried the 1st time....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with all the ladies - this is a great treatment. I don't use as much baking soda and 15 - 20 minutes really does the trick.

My Staples:
    CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
  • fro'd outfro'd out Posts: 7Registered Users
    I actually have some braggs!! Maybe I will try this.
    Last relaxer 10/06
    Fro'd out since 1/27/07
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Where are the cherries? :dontknow:
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Does one apply this to wet hair after shampooing?
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
    On dry hair! :)
    YouTube
  • TorimomTorimom Posts: 258Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »

LOL!!!

Cherry Lola is the name of the member who formulated the treatment. She has a blog too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All Natural Since July 2009
    Avatar Pic: HESMU gel over Tresemme Naturals as leave-in 7/25/10. I hadn't had time to SOTC but it got nice and full later (no pic:sad10:)
    Last Relaxer: February 2008
    Type: 4a canopy, 3c mid, 3b nape, semi porous, ii
    Current Favorite: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Trying: Castor Oil
    Torimom wrote: »

LOL!!!

Cherry Lola is the name of the member who formulated the treatment. She has a blog too.
    Oh, hee! :oops:
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    I did my Cherry Lola and I loved how my curls looked. The thing was my hair felt dry. I've used yogurt before in DCs so I'm thinking my hair didn't like the baking soda. I read some people add oil or conditioner. Is dryness the reason?
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
    adthomas wrote: »
    I did my Cherry Lola and I loved how my curls looked. The thing was my hair felt dry. I've used yogurt before in DCs so I'm thinking my hair didn't like the baking soda. I read some people add oil or conditioner. Is dryness the reason?

Yes the treatment can be drying. I normally add my fav conditioner and use a little less baking soda and still get great results.

My Staples:
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Here's a stupid question:
    I have never tried yogurt to condition with but I have some expired (by like 4 days) vanilla yogurt in the fridge. Can I dump this in my DT?:sad1:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    I have never tried yogurt to condition with but I have some expired (by like 4 days) vanilla yogurt in the fridge. Can I dump this in my DT?:sad1:
    heck yes - don't waste that good stuff. I have done that when I found an old plain or vanilla yogurt in the fridge as well and it turned out fine. As long as it's within a week of the expiration date you should be good to go. Just make sure it hasn't separated.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    sagehen wrote: »
    heck yes - don't waste that good stuff. I have done that when I found an old plain or vanilla yogurt in the fridge as well and it turned out fine. As long as it's within a week of the expiration date you should be good to go. Just make sure it hasn't separated.

LOL, HOT! That's just what I'm going to do. Will that be considered a protein conditioner with the yogurt in it? If my hair likes this, I'll graduate to trying the Cherry Lola Treatment:toothy10:
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Posts: 662Registered Users
    Torimom wrote: »

LOL!!!

OMG! I was going to ask the same thing. LOL :toothy10:
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]

LOL, HOT! That's just what I'm going to do. Will that be considered a protein conditioner with the yogurt in it? If my hair likes this, I'll graduate to trying the Cherry Lola Treatment:toothy10:

Yep! Its a protein condish, especially with the amino acids in it. I also recommend adding some real conditioner to the mix to counter act the potential drying caused by the baking soda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adthomas wrote: »
    I read that the treatment will leave your hair feeling hard and dry if you're protein sensitive. Maybe the amino acids were too much protein for you?

I just did my first cherry lola treatment this morning and, although my hair feels soft, it hasn't reduced the frizz much. Maybe my ratios were off.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    I tried this treatment like, over a year ago. The smell of this made me scared because to me, it was reminiscent of perm. It looked good, but I nervous about what lasting effect this would have on my hair. plus it was bubbly and fizzy.
    Just call me Worrying Wanda. *Kanye shrug*
  • NaturalfinallyNaturalfinally Posts: 516Registered Users
    I tried this treatment like, over a year ago. The smell of this made me scared because to me, it was reminiscent of perm. It looked good, but I nervous about what lasting effect this would have on my hair. plus it was bubbly and fizzy.
    Just call me Worrying Wanda. *Kanye shrug*

Hakim I hear you on that. I tried baking soda to clean my scalp and my hair turned out really dry. I guess I got more on my hair then I should have but it was hard to get it moisturized and balanced again. :sad3: My curls pop with ecostyler gel and that's good enough for me. :toothy2:
    BC'ed - Jan 09
    Hair Type: 4A-3C Crown
    Hair Texture: Fine, Thin
    Hair Density: Medium - Thin Crown
    Porosity: Low
    Co-wash: Sauve Coconut and/or Clarifying, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Leave-In: GDLI, YTCLI, KBB, KCNT
    Moisturizers: QBRBC, KBB, Glycerin, SMCS,SMDM
    DT: AOGPB, AOBGA, GEPT, TJNS, YTC, Henna, Alma, Brahmi, Maka, Tulsi, Kalpori
    Sealant: EVOO, Jojoba, Grapeseed, JBCO, Herbal Oil - Hesh Herbal Oils

** Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.*** :angel11: