Coca Cola

teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
Someone mentioned on another forum that they had heard from a random source that a can of flat coke did wonders for curly hair. Anyone ever try it????

I started thinking (a dangerous pastime) about it, and it does have citric acid and phosphoric acid in small amounts. So that theoretically would help to clarify, and all the HFCS might work similarly to honey. It might work.
Fine Wavy (2a)
Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.

Comments

• one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
    Yeah, I saw that too, I know what forum your talking about. Thats really weird. I wouldn't do it, like one person said, after your drink coke your teeth feel all funny.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    Many years ago I had some friends who told me they put a small piece of meat in a covered glass jar with Coke in it and after some time it totally dissolved. I've also heard people have put baby teeth in them and other things and the same thing happened, that's because the amount of phosporic acid is not as little as one would think.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    So, can you use Coke as a clarifier?
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • curlqueendom:]curlqueendom:] Registered Users Posts: 23
    Many years ago I had some friends who told me they put a small piece of meat in a covered glass jar with Coke in it and after some time it totally dissolved. I've also heard people have put baby teeth in them and other things and the same thing happened, that's because the amount of phosporic acid is not as little as one would think.

DUDE that is CRAZY I dislike soda in general but Coke i especially despise. i find that disturbing because that stuff goes in your body and it should be healthy you know
    don't know what my curls will do next n luvin it :]]... modified CG and growing my hair out to waist length
  • b0ricubanab0ricubana Registered Users Posts: 125

sick! Thank god i haven't even had a cup of that stuff in years!!!
    type 3a hair. started the 'CG' routine on 06.12.07 the day of my very 1st 'Deva' cut ;D
    Currently using all Devacare products...
    ALSO Addicted to:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish
    Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Condish
    HEBE Set me up
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    Good for all of you! That stuff is probably what is damaging so many people's kidneys too.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Registered Users Posts: 316
    I'd be too scared of my losing all my hair after that! :alien:
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    My name is Susan W and I drink caffeine free coke. I also follow a can of it with a 16 oz water so I figure it's not as bad as it could be.

Real thing is also helpful if you pour it over the battery cables on your car if they are really corroded ;)
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• sparkybishsparkybish Registered Users Posts: 27
    I lurve coke. I don't drink water after, and I would never waste a can on my hair. LOL
    2c/3a
    low poo transitioning to no-poo
    Getting curlier every day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file