help, after 2 months it has gotten worse

When i heard about cg i got really excited because i thought i had finally found something that would help my hair but after two months i think my hair has actually become worse it's greasy and lifeless, instead of having freezies on the top of my head now i have freezies everywhere, for some reason it just looks like if i never wash it. i'm really at lost , i co-wash with suave aloe-vera conditioner and conditon with the suave version of nexxus , and then use HE totally twisted mousse and HE set me up gel, if anybody has any suggestions i would totally appreciate hearing from u , thnx.
Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!

Comments

• LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Are you using the same products that you did when you first went CG? The products you're using might not be right for your hair. I'd try changing up the products and finding a routine that works. I myself had to experiment with products in order to find the combination that my hair likes.

Also, did you clarify before going CG? If not, you could still have -cone buildup, and you'd need to get rid of all the cones in order for your hair to really respond to CG.

I just noticed that the Suave Humectant both has dimethicone in it. Keep in mind that some people can't use products with any -cones in them, no matter how weak or water-soluble they are. You could also be having a negative reaction to polyquats, which is another ingredient that some people's hair can't handle.

Whew. Having said all that, I'd better sum it all up by saying: you might want to clarify if you didn't, and go for products without any cones or polyquats, just to see what happens. The aloe condish and set me up gel are fine, so you could try just using only those two products the next time you shower. You never know until you try! HTH, and good luck.

ETA: I looked at the wrong product when looking up the ingredients. Then again, I have just woken up, so my brain isn't fully functioning yet. The Totally Twisted is cg. :lol: :? :lol:
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    The Totally Twisted is CG, but I believe the Suave Humecress has dimethiconol in it. That cone is not water soluble and will build up on your hair.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    MMM, sounds like the Suave Humectant is the culprit. Definitely clarify, and find a new conditioner. You'll see a big improvement.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • curlyinohiocurlyinohio Registered Users Posts: 362
    What i've found works best for me is to TOTALLY coat my scalp with conditioner and scrub like crazy all over 2 or 3 times, then do a 2 second rinse just to rinse some of that conditioner down the hairshafts. Then I finger comb with my fingers closed. This serves as the "friction" to clean the hairshafts as well as remove loose hairs. Then I rinse AS I SCRUB MY SCALP AGAIN. I think that's the key. I scrub under the running water until my hair is totally free of any trace of conditioner, 'cause remember, that conditioner now has all your oil, dirt, and yesterday's hair products in it, so it has to be removed thoroughly. Then I use my extra moisturizing conditioner, and I DON'T rinse it out at all. I comb that through with a wide tooth comb upside down. When I scrunch dry with my MF towel, sure some of that conditioner is removed, but a good frizz-fighting residue stays in. Then I gently PLACE my hair how I want it. No combing, not even with fingers. Then I scrunch in my products and clip the roots. It's seems to be the best system so far, and I've been on the CG method since 2002, so I've tried ALOT of different things in that time!
    Cowash: Suave Aloe and Water Lily
    Conditioner and Leave-in: GFTN
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Coconut oil Or Olive oil at night
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    The suave aloe can sometimes weigh my hair down, so that could be an issue too. You might not need a 2nd conditioner either. I'd play around with different suave flavors, and maybe try using it as a 2nd condish if you really need it.
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • crazycurlyheadcrazycurlyhead Registered Users Posts: 113
    i feel like a total fool :oops: i went in the shower today and decided to read over the suave humectant's igridients and what a surprise, there it was dimethicone pretty up in the list, i don't know why i didn't read the ingredients this whole time, i remember i bought this conditioner because somebody in here recomended it (i guess they were as lost as i was) and i was so clueless about cg that i just thought it was cg :cry: but oh well that explains a lot then, on another note i did do an acv rinse at the begining but what it wasn't any good since i've been putting cones in my hair ever since.
    i guess i'll have to start over again, but i feel better becuase now i know that my hair isn't stupid and that i still have hope of achieving great looking hair, so that conditioner will definetely be trashed and i just took a shower and did an acv rinse, and only used suave aloe-vera condish and used HE totally twisted mousse and HE set me up gel, wish me luck ladies and thanx so much for all ur input.

oh by the way , somebody mentioned polyquats, can u please point them out to me i really have no idea what they are, thnx again.... will post later tonight and will let u know how my hair turned out :wink:
    Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
    In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Polyquats are usually named as Polyquaternium - 4, or a similar number. I wouldn't rule out polyquats just yet, though. Since you're starting over with CG (first, good luck! Keep us updated!) I'd see how your new lineup of products go. You might not have a problem with polyquats, and if that's the case, you have a broader variety of products to use. I'd try the products you have now and see how your hair does. I'm glad you took the advice to heart and didn't give up on CG - it's done wonders for my hair! :D
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    I"ve mentioned polyquats because someone warned me about them. Come to find out it wasn't my polyquats but my sulfate free poo had dimethicone in it. Man that one is nasty.
    Once I got that all out I can use tons of stuff that didn't work for me before.

It was Boots I thought was giving me funky hair with a polyquat (not that I'm necessarily the person you read polyquats from mind you) but it was just that product on top of a cone.

I swear they should outlaw some cones, they ruin perfectly good products.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Registered Users Posts: 111
    I swear they should outlaw some cones, they ruin perfectly good products.
    Amen!! Suave has all of those great priced Professionals conditioners, many of which I would like to try, and they all (the Professionals that is, I know many other Suave cos. are CG) have dimethoconol. GF, dove, Pantene, and One C all have amodimethicone. It's like if we just barred the manufacturers from using non-water-soluble cones, then they wouldn't be tempted to throw them in there (which I suspect they know they don't really work long-term and they put them in just so the user will get fast results and go "gee, this makes my hair so soft and shiny and it's only the first day!" vs. having to wait for the benefits so they can make lots of first-time sales. They probably don't care as much about repeat business once the cones build up and the products stop working as well). Then I would have a lot more products to choose from. Not that I don't manage to spend tons of money on products even with the "limited" selection I currently have... :lol:
    2b/2c/3a
    Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
    pw: curls
    Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file