wigs

nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
I got a texturizer in July ..so I am transitioning again. I fixed my hair this morning before work and it would not do anything. So I put one of my wigs. I have several cute wigs that I just love and I wore them when I was transitioning the first 2 times. I was wondering if any one else wears wigs?

Comments

• dsg-girlycurlydsg-girlycurly Posts: 343Registered Users
    I tried wearing wigs once but I just don't like anything on my head all day. I've seen some really nice wigs and I would consider maybe wearing one to church for a couple hours, I just can't do all day.

I have a cousin that has lots of wigs, she coordinates wigs with her outfits and she always looks sharp. My sister, mother and I often go to wig shops and try them on for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4A&B -- Henna and the entire Essential Balms product line; lately Carol's Daughter honey mimosa & black vanilla leave-in. Staple products are SheaMoisture, Aubrey Organics and Trader Joes Norish Spa conditioner, ACV and IC Fantasia Gel. I'm also Mixtress (I love making my own hair concoctions :glasses9:)

Be encouraged -- Cuzz Fuzz is what it Duzz!!

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/dsg373839/
  • nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
    I tried wearing wigs once but I just don't like anything on my head all day. I've seen some really nice wigs and I would consider maybe wearing one to church for a couple hours, I just can't do all day.

I have a cousin that has lots of wigs, she coordinates wigs with her outfits and she always looks sharp. My sister, mother and I often go to wig shops and try them on for fun.

I would love to do something like that.. I have seen several that I would like to buy!!! I really want to wear them in the winter time since it is so cold wear I live.
    Nepanthe: I wanted to share with you one of my favorite Raquel Welch wigs, http://www.wigs.com/product_info.php?products_id=2415 it's called power. The only thing is, her wigs are a little pricey. Wigs.com is one of my favorite wig websites. Check out the site and let me know what you think.

Oh yeah, if you ever go out just to try on wigs for fun, be sure not to visit one of those wig shops that only let you try on 3 wigs per visit -- that's CRAZY. I avoid those places, how are you going to know what you want if they only let you try on 3 wigs (LOL!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4A&B -- Henna and the entire Essential Balms product line; lately Carol's Daughter honey mimosa & black vanilla leave-in. Staple products are SheaMoisture, Aubrey Organics and Trader Joes Norish Spa conditioner, ACV and IC Fantasia Gel. I'm also Mixtress (I love making my own hair concoctions :glasses9:)

My two favorite ones from this site are Power and Coquette. Coquette reminds me of one of the girls from ANTM.

I hope for that price, those wigs are human hair wigs!!lol
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    I love love love wigs. I used to get weaves to change up, but I like wigs better. I pin it on and don't have to worry about it going anywhere. I buy the synthetic ones. You can check them out at Hairsisters.com.
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
    I checked out hairsisters.com--I justed ordered one. I saw at least 5 others that I would like to order..I must confess...I love wigs too!!!!!!!!!!!It is always good to change up!!!
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    nepanthe wrote:
    I checked out hairsisters.com--I justed ordered one. I saw at least 5 others that I would like to order..I must confess...I love wigs too!!!!!!!!!!!It is always good to change up!!!

Cool. I am wearing them now because I got bored with my hair. Which one did you order?
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
    Curlee Q wrote:
    nepanthe wrote:

Cool. I am wearing them now because I got bored with my hair. Which one did you order?

I ordered Kendra(This is by Beverly Johnson) and June and Cameo(reminds me of Nia Long's when she was in the movie Best Man--this one is my favorit. I am going to buy a couple more.

I also want to buy a few more. My mother used to wear wigs. So I am too. I am in the challenge and this will keep me from playing in hair and getting seriously bored with it. I want to see how long my hair will get..
    OH MY GOODNESS! Hairsisters.com has some really nice wigs. I love the June and Yolanda wigs. I may try wearing them again. I'd like to have them on standby for those times when I'm tired of twisting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OH MY GOODNESS! Hairsisters.com has some really nice wigs. I love the June and Yolanda wigs. I may try wearing them again. I'd like to have them on standby for those times when I'm tired of twisting.

I hear..I get so tired of twisting. Since I am transitioning again, I definitely want to see how long my hair will grow. I was looking at pictures of when I was younger and my natural hair was long..full..and extremely thick!!
    nepanthe wrote:

I hear..I get so tired of twisting. Since I am transitioning again, I definitely want to see how long my hair will grow. I was looking at pictures of when I was younger and my natural hair was long..full..and extremely thick!!

nepanthe - Have you tried the coil curl. I'm transitioning from a texturizer so my ends are not too straight and I was able to do the coil curls. It was a slight change which was good and it did not take as long to do but they did not last as long as the twists. I think the most important thing whether we wear wigs or twists is to keep it in some protective style until it grows out. I like you want to achieve maximum growth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nepanthe wrote:

nepanthe - Have you tried the coil curl. I'm transitioning from a texturizer so my ends are not too straight and I was able to do the coil curls. It was a slight change which was good and it did not take as long to do but they did not last as long as the twists. I think the most important thing whether we wear wigs or twists is to keep it in some protective style until it grows out. I like you want to achieve maximum growth.

I am outgrowing a texturizer that was left in too long...I haven't tried the product that you mentioned..yet :lol: It is definitely on my list..When I am wearing wigs I wash my hair..deep condition..braid it into small plaits and spray gregs juice or the one that I whipped up on my hair every morning.. It seems to work..
  • brandym22brandym22 Posts: 76Registered Users

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file