Cocoa Butter-What to do with it?

Hi Ladies!

I recently purchased a tub of cocoa butter from Butter-n-bars along with mango butter and shea butter and I need some suggestions on how to mix it to form a nice concoction. I know I can add olive oil and coconut oil and jojoba oil, but I am not sure about the proportions.

Thanks!

Comments

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I use it to make lotion, along with shea butter, coconut oil, avocado oil and castor oil--only in winter
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • v1998v1998 Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't give you a recipe because I use them to make lotion with. What I can say is melt slowing over a low heat and add vit E to help prevent rancidity. Also, can add grape seed extract as a preservative.

Good luck and when you do get a recipe, would love to see it.
  • belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    v1998 wrote: »
    I can't give you a recipe because I use them to make lotion with. What I can say is melt slowing over a low heat and add vit E to help prevent rancidity. Also, can add grape seed extract as a preservative.

Correction to the above. use grapefruit seed extract as a preservative. grape seed extract is not a preservative.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • v1998v1998 Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    belasuna wrote: »
    v1998 wrote: »

Correction to the above. use grapefruit seed extract as a preservative. grape seed extract is not a preservative.

oooops... what she said.
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Posts: 507Registered Users
    I mealt my coco butter in an applicator jar and I added E-Oil, JBCO and Shea Oil to it. I warm it up every time I want to use a nice oil and I use it on my legs, abs, boobs and elbows.

For a cream I take the same mixture about and add it to about 2 cups of pure raw shea butter. I add about 3-4 tablespoons of that mixture. I add an addition tablespoon of e-oil and a tablespoon of Avocado Oil. I use this as a healing lotion and a face moisturizer under my makeup.

For my hair I take that same cream but I add more shea butter to it and Argan Oil. My hair doesn't like coconut oil or EVOO, or else I would ahve added it to it.
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    Hi Ladies!

I recently purchased a tub of cocoa butter from Butter-n-bars along with mango butter and shea butter and I need some suggestions on how to mix it to form a nice concoction. I know I can add olive oil and coconut oil and jojoba oil, but I am not sure about the proportions.

Thanks!

1 part cocoa butter:1 part shea butter:2 parts olive oil gives a nice textured whipped cream.
    Melt the shea and cocoa butter by placing them in a glass container and placing it in a bowl of hot water. After they have completely melted, add the olive oil, mix a bit with a spoon, then place the glass container with the butters and oil in the freezer for a few minutes, just till it starts forming a sort of thin film. Then take it out of the freezer and mix with an electric mixer. Start on slow speed and gradually put up the speed. After mixing for a few minutes it should start turning into a nice creamy textured whipped cream.

You can use this as a hair cream or as a body cream and it smells like chocolate :)
  • mochamomentsmochamoments Posts: 18Registered Users
    Thanks for all the great advice. I'm definitely going to try this recipe. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file