Transitioning help needed

miss thingmiss thing Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi all, i'm abt to start transitioning frm relaxed to natural and i'm in need of some tips. I have type 3c hair, presently its in a short relaxed style...i last had it relaxed the 18th of Jan. I'm a working student so time is an issue for me...i'm lookin for a way to grow it out without havin to spend to much time maintaining the style :confused1:...most important i want my hair to be healthy......so help me plzzz...thanks much :toothy7:

Comments

• hamptonsfnsthamptonsfnst Registered Users Posts: 106
    Hi miss thing,

I know how you feel about conserving your time. I work full time and attend school partime so the last thing I want to do is fuss over my hair. I've been transitioning for about 18months and the best thing for me initially were weaves. I wore them for the first 12 months of my journey and educated myself about natural hair during this process. You could consider box braids, seneglese/kinky twists, wigs or any other protective style that will ease your transition. Have you developed a regimen yet? How long will transition for? Continue to research about how to properly care for the two textures you will experience. Another site to check is www.curlynikki.com, the curlies there are very helpful also. HTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file