Recipes using Lavender and Aloe Vera

I recently bought a bottle of Lavender Essential Oil to make a lavender spray recommended in Massey's book. At the store, there were also bottles of aloe vera gel that I was very tempted to buy, but I couldn't remember the exact recipe it was used in. I'll probably end up going back and getting myself a bottle.

Anyways what recipes do you guys know using lavender oil, and what recipes do you know using aloe vera gel?
Proud redhead curly since '91 :)

CG since 3/3/10!

Currently trying...
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, going to try TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Silicone-free
Leave-in: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
Gel: TRESemme Extra Firm Control

Type 3a/3b - Botticelli curls with a little bit of corkscrew

Comments

• azcurlyazcurly Posts: 82Registered Users
    Lavender is my favorite EO! I use it in my FSG and also when I DC with jojoba oil I add some lavender.

You can use lavender directly on your skin unlike most other EO. It is great for headaches!

Just remember with all EO less is more so a few drops will do.
    3b/c ~ CG
    current favorites ~ TJ's Refresh, AOHR, SheaMoisture Shea Butter leave-in, AVG, FSG
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    Lavender essential oil is great for scents so you u can pretty much use it in any recipe.

Melt some shea, coconut oil, olive oil, and honey (optional) in a double boiler. Then pour it into a mixing bowl or container and mix in the aloe vera gel/juice. As it cools, Add some lavender oil for scent (You only need a few drops.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file