Request for recipe help

mousemouse Registered Users Posts: 39
In the USAToday Sunday magazine supplement last weekend there were some Superbowl Party recipes. It turns out that I'm going to a SB party this year after all, but I already tossed the paper. The recipe I'm looking for in particular was for "pulled pork" or some such thing.

If anyone still has that section of last Sunday's (1/27) paper and would be willing to type up the recipe here, I would really appreciate it! I looked for it on the USAToday website, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!
Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I pour you a beer?" Descartes says, "I think not," and disappears.

Comments

• munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    I was so busy on the 1st I never saw your request. The sad thing is my husband made "pulled pork sandwiches" for our SB party from a recipe he took out of a recent paper. I never paid any attention to which paper, but we get the USA Today Sunday paper every week and I'm sure he used the one you were referring to. Sorry. If you are still interested for future reference, let me know and I will get it from him and put it on here for you.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: munchkin ]
    3b/c
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by munchkin:
    I was so busy on the 1st I never saw your request. The sad thing is my husband made "pulled pork sandwiches" for our SB party from a recipe he took out of a recent paper. I never paid any attention to which paper, but we get the USA Today Sunday paper every week and I'm sure he used the one you were referring to. Sorry. If you are still interested for future reference, let me know and I will get it from him and put it on here for you.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: munchkin ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I was wrong. He saw that recipe and thought it was too "complicated." He bought a pork roast and roasted it in the oven (covered with a little water) for about 4-5 hours (depending on size) at 300-325 deg F. By that time it was really tender. He pulled the meat off (sort of in shreds). He cooked his the day before the Super Bowl. On Sunday he put the pork with a bottle of Barbecue Sauce and a diced onion in the crock pot for couple hours. Once heated, just serve on rolls.
    3b/c
  • Long 'n CurlyLong 'n Curly Registered Users Posts: 5
    A day too late, but I just saw your post. Hope this is what you are looking for:
    http://www.usaweekend.com/02_issues/020127/020127cooksmart.html

Pam Anderson is great. So informative. I've learned a lot from her columns.
  • mousemouse Registered Users Posts: 39
    Long 'n Curly, that's exactly the recipe I was looking for, thanks! It's a little late for this year, but I'll save it for a summer party or something.

Instead I up used a recipe I downloaded from the 'net. It turned out ok, but wasn't as "shreddable" as I had anticipated. I ended up carving the roast and chopping it into little pieces. I mixed some with BBQ sauce and some with hot sauce. All in all it went over well.

Thanks again for the replies!
    Descartes walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Can I pour you a beer?" Descartes says, "I think not," and disappears.
  • marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    Are you kidding! I live in the capital of BBQ. In NC the pulled pork
    sandwiches are vinegar based and sometimes they'll serve tomato
    based BBQ sauce on the side for us Non-North Carolinians. The secret
    would be to roast the pork a LONG time at a very LOW heat. It might take
    12 hours or more. Some people add a bit of mustard to a vinegar and
    spice mixture, rub on the pork then roast and use the leftover marinade to
    toss the shredded pork in. A little bit of coleslaw on top of the sandwich
    and yum! You'll definitely need napkins, though (and maybe a bib).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file