CurlTalk

Soap bars: ACV rinse or not?

For those of you who use soap bars with success, do you follow with an ACV rinse or not?

I'm a devoted low-pooer, but want to experiment a bit more with soap bars. In the past, I used a soap bar to wash, then rinsed-out and followed with a diluted ACV rinse, and then applied my rinse-out conditioner. The ACV rinse got rid of the waxy feeling in my hair (left by the soap bar), but once dry my hair seemed over-taxed by the whole thing. I'm not sure I got the ph level right.

Any suggestions?
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fmelaniesusan%2F" class="Popup pw = 3ahair

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I started doing the soap bar, rinse out and spray a little ACV (I keep it pre mixed in the shower--spray keeps it out of my eyes) on it--comb it through. Style as usual. I've forgotten to use it. I think most of my styling products have a pH consistent with hair--not sure I notice a difference. But I try to make sure I do it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]