newbie needs protein recipe please

My curls despertly need protein :blob7:
Being very thin it gets weighed down easily. So I need to find a light way to get some protein. Thanks much in advance!!!

3B curls
SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus conditioner as co wash and leave in
ACV and honey rinse
SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus smoothie for definition
Curlkeeper

Comments

• FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Posts: 412Registered Users
    The quickest one I can think of right of the top of my head would be a mayo & egg yolk mask.
  • belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    If the mayo is too heavy and greasy for your thin hair, then just do an egg yolk mask and add a little coconut oil to prevent protein loss.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • babykicks03babykicks03 Posts: 53Registered Users
    Thanks so much girls. I did egg yolk coconut oil and some lavender and it worked perfectly!!!! I think that the mayo would have been to heavy.

3B curls
    SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus conditioner as co wash and leave in
    ACV and honey rinse
    SheaMoisture coconut and hibiscus smoothie for definition
    Curlkeeper

• belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    I'm glad the egg coconut oil mask worked. since I posted above though I've been doing research on protein and learned that egg protein does not absorb into the hair unlike other proteins. the eggs have lecithin which provide great moisture so it must have been the coconut oil plus the extra moisture from the lecithin.

Another light protein treatment I did on myself recently as a test worked very well. (I'm protein sensitive so I use myself as a guinea pig to determine strength levels of proteins). What I did was coat my hair with jojoba oil instead of a leave in. Jojoba contains a small amount of protein and is a lightweight oil that won't weigh the hair down or make it feel greasy. I left it on all day because jojoba protein only works on the hair if you don't rinse it off (ie its no good in poos and COs that get rinsed off, only in LIs. When I cowash that evening my curls were perkier (and frizzy since it was more protein than I could handle) but my hair was not dry and strawlike. Whenever I use hydrolyzed wheat even for 30 seconds on my hair, it ends up feeling dry, so the jojoba oil IMO makes a nice light protein treatment for those who are protein intolerant or don't need a heavy PT.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    You can also try plain yoghurt
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    taltal...You have all natural hair care?? Recipes? Can you PM me please?????
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    The egg yolk+avocado+olive oil mask works wonder for my hair. It's a video in youtube just search avocado and egg hair mask or something like that. If you can't find it let me know.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file