CurlTalk

Hair str8tng vending machines :(

spiral-ncspiral-nc Posts: 716Registered Users
Not only is this awful from a biased beauty standards perspective, but it is even sanitary? Eww!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popgadget.net%2F2006%2F10%2Fstraight_up_hai.php" class="Popup
spirals, kinks, s-shapes and coils.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FSpiral" class="Popup

H is for Henna and Healthy Hair!
Use only the PURE STUFF

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    What a rip! a pound buys 90 seconds of heat??? That 2 bucks! I get upset when I have to pay 75 cents for air for my tires.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    That's... just... weird. :headscratch:headscratch.gif
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fa-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • DumbelinaTheDaftDumbelinaTheDaft Posts: 93Registered Users
    The idea of this is kind of ridiculous; I want to roll my eyes. I guess there's a market for this...? A fool and her money are soon parted.
    2c/3a
    Love: Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Boots, BRHG
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    "...I've been told that damp weather can turn perfectly styled straightened hair into a poofy afro in a matter of minutes."

I *really* take issue with that sentence. It's innaccurate and offensive on so many levels.

And yeah, it seems like a *huge* ripoff. I know that it takes a good 4 hours to straighten my hair. I don't know what the exact exchange rate is right now, but that's pretty steep. Also, I don't see why someone would bother doing that. Doesn't seem like a smart investment for the places that install the machine.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    thats...disgusting... who knows what's been in the person's hair before you or worse, what if they used the bathroom, and didn't wash their hands!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • dana222dana222 Posts: 33Registered Users
    how about a vending machine with curl products! like little bottles of deva mister right, and curl junkie leave in come out! :) that sounds like an awesome vending machine :lol: much more useful and healthier for the hair !
    blonde/3a-3b - PJ!! :)
    likes--cj hbdt, tress fx, arc angell, recoil, Ouidad DT, brhg
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    Ugh! Totally unsanitary and a waste of money! :evil:
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I sent them a comment!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Laura P.Laura P. Posts: 23Registered Users
    Aside from the fact that it's gross, how obsessive do you have to be to be unable to go anywhere without having access to hair-damaging straightening appliances? I'd call them "straightaholics".

And it is offensive to constantly get the message that wavey/curly can't be beautiful.
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 166Registered Users
    wtf? :shock:
    wrong on so many levels. . .
    3b, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    That is just so wrong! :shock: I don't believe it.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • spiral-ncspiral-nc Posts: 716Registered Users
    dana222 wrote:
    how about a vending machine with curl products! like little bottles of deva mister right, and curl junkie leave in come out! :) that sounds like an awesome vending machine :lol: much more useful and healthier for the hair !

Ooh, I like that idea!
    spirals, kinks, s-shapes and coils.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FSpiral" class="Popup

H is for Henna and Healthy Hair!
    Use only the PURE STUFF
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Posts: 341Registered Users
    I can only think of one thing... lice... I know the heat would blast away any bugs (if there were any) but the product buildup that would end up on the hair just gives me an image of extreme dirtyness that would attract bugs and bacteria of all shapes, forms, and sizes. Ewwwwwwwww!!!
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I can only think of one thing... lice... I know the heat would blast away any bugs (if there were any) but the product buildup that would end up on the hair just gives me an image of extreme dirtyness that would attract bugs and bacteria of all shapes, forms, and sizes. Ewwwwwwwww!!!

I agree that it would be dirty and gross, but lice are attracted to clean hair. It's nice and easy for them to crawl around in. The "dirty" thing is a common misconception.

So that's not what I would worry about - I'd be wondering about what the heck these people have on their hair, or if they have a scalp condition! Blech!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 166Registered Users
    I agree that it would be dirty and gross, but lice are attracted to clean hair. It's nice and easy for them to crawl around in. The "dirty" thing is a common misconception.
    no kidding, huh? I hope that's true I'll have to remember that if any kids I know happen to get lice, maybe it'll make them feel a little better!
    3b, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Posts: 341Registered Users
    no kidding, huh? I hope that's true I'll have to remember that if any kids I know happen to get lice, maybe it'll make them feel a little better!

Me, too. I learned something new today (what's new?? :P )
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • sadtomatosadtomato Posts: 11Registered Users
    Um you just described about 20 years of my live
    how obsessive do you have to be to be unable to go anywhere without having access to hair-damaging straightening appliances? I'd call them "straightaholics".
  • mailgirlmailgirl Posts: 451Registered Users
    gross :shock:
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • RainbowCurlsRainbowCurls Posts: 21Registered Users
    eeeeeeuuuuuuuuuwwwwww!

WRONG.
  • baroness1440baroness1440 Posts: 41Registered Users
    What?
    Holding a Grudge is Like Drinking Poison Hoping the Other Person will Die.
    What?????
    what????????????
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Ewwwwwwwww--where do they have these vending machines? :shock: In public restrooms? That's nasty!

I agree that they should have emergency curly girl machines containing Mister Right and a spray gel. :D
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!