Skin creams, lotions and potions.

Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
OK ladies,

I need some help finding a good face cream that works or helps to soften smile lines and battle crapey , crappy LOL, eye lids..

Any suggestions?
3b /3c
HG Summer List
Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
Donna Marie MiraCurls
Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
Conditioners:AOHR
Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin

Comments

• Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    WOW....

Amazing
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,708Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    smile lines need filler.

crepe-y eyelids are something you're stuck with. anything you put on them will sting and get in your eyes.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    rouquinne wrote: »
    smile lines need filler.

crepe-y eyelids are something you're stuck with. anything you put on them will sting and get in your eyes.

What line filler do you use?
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,679Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I use lots of different lotions and potions. I have older sun damaged skin and I don't mind wrinkles or looking my age so nothing I use is a 'miracle' product that will reverse aging. But they do soften lines and keep my skin moisturized. I use whatever sounds interesting, is on sale, is recommended by a friend or people here. I don't use strong, high end, expensive products. And I don't use anything that burns my skin or stings my eyes.
    Some days I use my own whipped butter mix (cocoa butter, shea butter, jojoba oil). Some days I just use jojoba or hempseed oil. Sometimes I use a 'real' face lotion from Yves Rocher or Serious Skin Care.
    I like using different things just for the fun of it, but jojoba oil is probably my favorite.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So glad you started this thread! I've been wanting to share about an eye gel that really works for me. It's L'Oreal Revitalift Double Eye Lift. It has two products in one container - a gel for eyelids, and a cream for under the eye. I really like the Upper Eye Lifting Gel. I have never tried any eye cream/gel...thought it was all hype, so I was amazed that this stuff really helps with those crepe-y eyelids! It tingled the first 2-3 times I used it, but it doesn't anymore. I've been using it for about 6 months and I'm still happy with it! Not too expensive either. You can get it at any drugstore and it's around $12.

The Under Eye Anti-Wrinkle Cream doesn't do anything for me. I wish they'd package it separately!

Jeep - what does the jojoba oil do for you?
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,679Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    In addition to using it with other oils to cleanse with (the oil cleansing method) I use it as just a plain old moisturizer. For face, eye area, neck. Cheap, easy to find, doesn't clog pores, very gentle, sinks right in. A nice natural product.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Like you Jeep, I have sun damaged skin from growing up in the sunny Fla. and being on the beach daily. I just want to keep my skin hydrated and protected.....
    I will have to try the jojoba and shea combo to see if my skin likes it.

Kasden, my eyes on the other hand drive me a bit nutty. I have almond shaped eyes that the top lid is starting to droop a bit and makes reading a tad difficult, shadows. My lower lids are OK.
    I will definetly have to try the L'Oreal Revitalift Double Eye Lift.

Thank You Ladies..
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    I've been using Johnson and Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby wash as a face cleaner for years. It's no more tears! I was using it with a washcloth and felt it was too rough on my eyelids so now I make my own eye makeup remover with it. I put just a squirt of it in a 3 oz bottle with a little olive oil, fill it with water. I use it on a cotton pad and gently remove my eye makeup.

Jeep - I love reading your posts! You have a great sense of humor and I like that you're so comfortable just being you! It's refreshing!

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    In addition to using it with other oils to cleanse with (the oil cleansing method) I use it as just a plain old moisturizer. For face, eye area, neck. Cheap, easy to find, doesn't clog pores, very gentle, sinks right in. A nice natural product.

This is what I do as well. OCM is amazing! I'll sometimes use Apricot Kernel oil as a moisturizer, but the Jojoba absorbs much better. Apricot Kernel Oil is very good for fine lines. Jojoba is said to be the closest to your body's natural oils.
    Jeep you look amazing! (your curls too!) :headbang:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Like you Jeep, I have sun damaged skin from growing up in the sunny Fla. and being on the beach daily. I just want to keep my skin hydrated and protected.....
    I will have to try the jojoba and shea combo to see if my skin likes it.

Kasden, my eyes on the other hand drive me a bit nutty. I have almond shaped eyes that the top lid is starting to droop a bit and makes reading a tad difficult, shadows. My lower lids are OK.
    I will definetly have to try the L'Oreal Revitalift Double Eye Lift.

Thank You Ladies..

If those lids are a problem, you might want to see your eye doctor. Many insurance companies will pay for an eyelid lift if a droopy lid is impairing vision. Plus you'll look younger!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I use lots of different lotions and potions. I have older sun damaged skin and I don't mind wrinkles or looking my age so nothing I use is a 'miracle' product that will reverse aging. But they do soften lines and keep my skin moisturized. I use whatever sounds interesting, is on sale, is recommended by a friend or people here. I don't use strong, high end, expensive products. And I don't use anything that burns my skin or stings my eyes.
    Some days I use my own whipped butter mix (cocoa butter, shea butter, jojoba oil). Some days I just use jojoba or hempseed oil. Sometimes I use a 'real' face lotion from Yves Rocher or Serious Skin Care.
    I like using different things just for the fun of it, but jojoba oil is probably my favorite.

Where do I find hemp seed oil?
    I guess I need to ask hubby to compound a jojoba oil, apricot oil, hemp oil, and shea butter, or a combo of 2 or 3 of the different oils for me. If my skin doesnt like the combo, my hair will love it...
    Must be having a hormonally challenged:angel12: moment, because I didnt think about the fact that if it is good for my hair it would only make sense thats it may be good for my skin. The hair products I use now have kept my scalp, neck, shoulders and back very soft, supple and smooth from the run off and rinse.....
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    kasden and angel - thank you for the compliments! there are many days when I look in the mirror and go 'yuck, who is that old lady?' but then someone will compliment my hair or tell my they love my lipstick or earrings or that I smell great. Then I remember that life isn't just for the young and pretty. Life is for everyone and we need to have fun and be happy no matter how old we are. I plan to go down fighting and laughing! : )

daddys_ - I live in a small town and our only health food store is very expensive so I find inexpensive organic oils on ebay.
    Thanks again Jeep...

Hubby and I went to VS and picked up some jojoba oil, hemp oil, apricot kernel and sweet almond oil to try on my face and hair. I found some of the oils you suggested on sale.... We found and picked up a pound of fair trade shea butter at a local health food supplier for a good price, soooooo I will be experimenting :angel12: with combinations and recipes for the next couple of days.....

I appreciate all the help and suggestions...
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Then I remember that life isn't just for the young and pretty. Life is for everyone and we need to have fun and be happy no matter how old we are. I plan to go down fighting and laughing! : )

Well said!!!! I loved the thread 'top 10 reasons its great to be 40' http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=71104

Most of my friends are really young and just haven't figured it out....yet! I have confidence that they will someday. I hope I'm a good example for them just loving life and being comfortable with who I am. I was so relieved to know there are so many self-confident women out there!

Sorry to get off topic! I saw on another thread that the Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale including some of their oils.

kasden wrote: »
    Then I remember that life isn't just for the young and pretty. Life is for everyone and we need to have fun and be happy no matter how old we are. I plan to go down fighting and laughing! : )

Well said!!!! I loved the thread 'top 10 reasons its great to be 40' http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=71104

Most of my friends are really young and just haven't figured it out....yet! I have confidence that they will someday. I hope I'm a good example for them just loving life and being comfortable with who I am. I was so relieved to know there are so many self-confident women out there!

Sorry to get off topic! I saw on another thread that the Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale including some of their oils.

Age is all in the mind.....Keep your mind open to new ideas, the younger you will act & feel and a better attitude you will have about life in general.

My 76 year old mom played roller hockey with my boys until her Doctor told her last year no more skating due to osteoporosis. SO now she has all the g-kids to her house for game night and videos. Lol, she plays wii, x-box, nintendo and teaches the kids to dance...My mom She acts like I remember her when i was a child. :happy10:
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Thank you for sharing that - it made my day! She sounds like an awesome woman! What incredible environment for your kids to grow up in!

kasden wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing that - it made my day! She sounds like an awesome woman! What incredible environment for your kids to grow up in!

Thank you, I think she is...
    :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,708Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What line filler do you use?

i haven't - yet.

the top ones are Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Evolence and Artecol.

i would like to get my "marionette lines" done.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not necessarily for the face, but I've been using Cera Ve the last couple of weeks all over, and it's made my skin noticeably softer. It's expensive ($12.99), but definitely worth it imo.

21f20WaXrkL._SL500_AA250_.jpg
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Where to start - LOL! Anyhow, there's a ton of hype out there about this or that, but really, beyond basic cleansing, moisturizing, and some exfoliation, very few things have a real track record as far as real anti-aging benefits. Those few tend be retinoids, Vitamin C, and various acids, along with hydroquinone(or a few of it's less aggressive alternatives, for skin lightening). But due to skin type, not everyone can use the above stuff, or they have to really go with a modified form of something.
    That said, personally I have somewhat reactive skin, normal to very slightly oily(even at nearly 63)with some sun damage, that tends to really like high-quality natural skin care products for the most part, along with a few good old drugstore basics. My drugstore basics are Cetaphil cleanser and the moisturizing cream(which I wear underneath my sunblock)and Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser(AHA/BHA cleanser with microbeads in it, not too many though - the real work comes from the mild level of acids in it). A couple of months ago, I took advantage of a discount offer from a very nice salon here that specializes in a handful of high-quality natural skincare products, and got a wonderful facial that really did make a difference, and bought three excellent products to add to what I have. All are by CosMedix(they have a pretty comprehensive line, and should be recommended by one's skincare professional, as some are VERY treatment-oriented,so you get the right strength for your skin). I got the toner, a wonderful spray-on physical sunblock, and a once-a-week enzyme exfoliating mask that is excellent! The products aren't cheap, but since they are very concentrated, they will last a long time. I've been using them for a couple of months now, and I believe it will be 6 or 8 months before I finish a bottle, so it works out really well. I was REALLY happy to find the sunblock, as most of the chemical ones at the drugstore I've had no luck with as they tend to burn my face, give me a white cast or break it out - ugh! But the CosMedix Reflect is a light, spray-on product, full spectrum SPF 30 physical block that feels more like a soothing moisturing treatment than a traditional sunblock - making it more likely that I will be in the habit of using it. I was sunblock-less for awhile, not good!
    One thing that I do on my own though for my night cream is use my shea butter-coconut oil combo that has some vegetable glycerin in it - this helped me out when I had a chemical burn nearly two years ago from a too aggressive AHA product.
    For my body, I just use straight extra-virgin coconut oil, on damp skin - for me this works better than any body lotion, plus I can feel good about applying something this simple and natural to large areas of the skin, as skin absorbs more than we think it does.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file