CurlTalk

anyone have a Gold n Hot Ionic Bonnet Dryer?

MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
I bought one Tuesday, and though the reviews online in general are pretty bad for soft bonnet dryer systems made today, I needed something for hot protein and condish treatments (I have crazy dry hair). I didn't want an R2D2,cause I wanna be able to sit on the couch (not on the floor or jerry-rig somethign). I'm sitting on the sofa now with it on the low heat with a K-Pak reconstructor in my hair. So far, so good. Bonnet is snugly on and air stream is gentle and nicely warm.

I'm tempted to try an old-fashioned roller set in the near-future to see how this dries.

I remember the old driers we had, both hard bonnet and soft, when I was young (60's,70's), but those have asbestos, so I didn't wanna get one cheap off ebay (like 10 bucks plus). This one was not cheap, it was about $37. But hey, if I can do my Joico hot treatments at home, I don't have to pay my hairdresser and use her bonnet dryer (which I don't know how old it is, neither does she, and i have a phobia about asbestos, due to my chronic lung issues).
3a3b
Natural since 11/25/09
Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    I was going to buy one at sallys but the lady told me the hose attachment was unpredicable so i went and bought an Ionic hard hooded dryer instead there. I love it and mine was i think about $40 with discount and extra 20% off that day. Its able to be portable by collapsing into like a dome and has a handle where i can carry it anywhere. Fits on my table and i sit on my kitchen chair and enjoy a nice DT or setting hair dye color and dont have to pay to go to a salon. My hair has never looked so good now. It has low, medium , and high heat and also a cool heat for cool downs. Had it for about a year and have had no issues. Im happy with it.
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*