CurlTalk

Can you run your hand through your hair?

Haha.
I like to.
If I don't use the right products and stylers and stuff it'll frizz though.
What about you guys? And w/ waves or curls, that is? :wave:
curly hair and proud (:

Comments

• FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    I can, but I don't b/c it'll mess up the curl pattern I spent all morning trying to get!
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Once it dries, I can touch it a bit more. Sometimes I run my fingers through the front part because the curl pattern is tighter there and it likes to form weird clumps of its own. I often run my fingers through second or third day hair because I like it to look less curly and more wavy sometimes.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • xodevinxodevin Posts: 478Registered Users
    Yeah, I mess up my curls, but I'd rather have waves. On days like that though, the curls don't become looser, they just become pure frizz... lol Pony tailll! :D

And same! My curls are way tighter right around my face! In the back they are so much wavier.... (sigh)
    curly hair and proud (:
  • AntjeAntje Posts: 94Registered Users
    Nope
    2c waves curls.

Started the CG routine again!! since Februari 8 2011

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.glamourace-collies.blogspot.nl%2F" class="Popup
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Ummmm, no, LOL. Well, I can if I go really slowly and detangle carefully. But, like you said, my hair doesn't end up wavy when I do this, it just becomes an absolute frizzed-out mess.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
    If I want to keep my clumps, no. When my hair is nicely coily-clumpy-curled, the strands are together, naturally, so running fingers THROUGH is not possible. When I wake up with second day hair, I'll have tangles, so I will gently finger-comb to remove loose hairs and detangle before using a bit of water and conditioner on ends to refresh clumps/curls.

Only when I totally finger comb or comb-out will I have the ability to run fingers through, cause, of course, I've disassembled the clumps.

Today, I can do this. I'm totally combed out--yes, I'm a poufy girl--cause I wanted volume. So, I decided to have semi-curly/semi-frizzy pouf and I can, indeed, run my fingers through. It's real soft, too. :)
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    Nope. My hair strands touch each other and tangle.
  • wookiemousewookiemouse Posts: 295Registered Users
    I can in the shower! :)

When it dries....I probably can, without a ton of tangles. But I don't think I've ever tried....it's been too engrained in me, DON'T TOUCH THE HAIR. I know I'd be pouf city if I did it.

Stacy
    3a/some b, med/high porosity, med texture

My current HGs:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, VO5 Strawberries & Cream
    Conditioner: Deva OneC
    Leave-in: Shea M, Deva B'Leave In
    Cremes: CIAB, pink Boots
    Gels: BRHG

CG since 2/07 and loving it!
  • urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    Yeah, I can! Wait, I can run my hand over my hair. Not quite the same thing. :o

When it gets longer, I won't be able to because my hair will frizz.
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

• tendrillytendrilly Posts: 183Registered Users
    Yes, and this is one of the ways that I test products. I want to have my hair soft and natural, and to be able to fluff my curls and run my hands through them during the day.

If a product makes this impossible and my hair is coated and tangly (and then frizzy of course) when I try to run my fingers through it, then I nix that product off my list.
    Dry climate
    2C/3A, fine texture, high porosity, medium-low density

For me, desert climate+porous hair+CG=inconsistent results! :-(
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Not easily. I would tug a bit at some areas where there are tangles from blowing in the wind, tighter curls, etc. And it would make my curls stringy/unclumpy if I did, so that's generally a deterrent for me.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Well... I can stick my fingers in my hair, but they'd get lost in the mass of frizz and need a GPS to find their way back out...

I can only run my fingers through my hair when it's dripping wet with conditioner, otherwise... uh... noooo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fkurleeedna" class="Popup
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,677Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    No, my fingers just can't get through. If I force them through I'll end up with a frizzy, pouffy mess.
    3b in South Australia.
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I can, but nothing on earth could persuade me to unless I was about to shower anyway. My hair rebels something awful at finger-combing it dry.

But I like to...because it's so soft!
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    If it's only recently dried, I can without too much trouble. At the end of the day, though, it's next to impossible.

For a while I was finger-combing shortly after drying to break up the uber-clumps my very fine hair makes to create some volume. It worked pretty well, I just had to be careful and expect a bit of surface frizz. Since then, I've stopped super-soaking and begun applying product to semi-dry hair that's been combed and that seems to work better for volume.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • ladybottorffladybottorff Posts: 30Registered Users
    ummm... no... lol
  • hookilauhookilau Posts: 269Registered Users
    o gawd no :blackeye:
    unless I want to break up my curls and go frizzy.

My curls are delicate little flowers...they don't like to be disrupted.
    Following CG
    fine, medium-low density :confused5:
    protein loving, porous, elasticity ?

Co-wash: Tresemme Perfectly Undone
    LI/RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
    Stylers: KCCC, AG recoil, CurlKeeper, As I am curling pudding
    Protein treatments: Aphogee's Keratin 2 minute reconstructor, and Colorful neutral protein filler

Loves: aloe, glycerin & polyquats even in neg dews
    :happy3:
  • nandiknitsnandiknits Posts: 260Registered Users
    No way. It's a physical impossibility with the amount of hair I have.
    CG since June/09
    3a/b extremely thick, coarse, porous
    Loving AOHR, Biolage Conditioning Balm, KCCC.:glasses8:
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users
    I could but scared of 2 things, one messing up the curls and two creating tangles & knots.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I don't see why I would, lol.

But, no, I can't unless it is wet or blown out straight.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    I sure can! I only use products that'll allow me to do this, I want rough and ready hair, not display hair!
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    How could one's fingers not get caught in curls is what I wold like to know, lol.

I sure can! I only use products that'll allow me to do this, I want rough and ready hair, not display hair!

I feel the same! I've been experimenting with more products that let my hair wave more instead of scrunch to curl so I don't disrupt anything when I do it, you know?
    What do you use that works? Just curious, haha. :)

And I know that when my hair was shorter and I styled it more spirally I wouldn't lay my fingers through it ever, lol... But lately I've been growing it out and getting fed up with 'untouchable' hair. :P
    curly hair and proud (:

Shoot, if I'm going to get rough and ready, I'm going to need a shower when I'm done anyway, hair or no hair. :lol:

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    I can but it has to be all combed out or soaking wet.

But once it's all dry.. no I can't just run my fingers straight though... I am glad I can't because I like big hair and I think running my fingers through it would mess it up.

I am more of a fluffer. I fluff!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    I think that if I were able to run my fingers through my hair when it is dry, I wouldn't be achieving the kind of tightly coiled curls that I've been striving for. So it's a good thing that I can't!
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Yes, but I don't because my hair would turn into a poufy, undefined, frizzy mess.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    Nope. My hair strands touch each other and tangle.

+1

I've never had 'run fingers through' sort of hair, not even blown out, really. It's tangly hair.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
    For some reason my curls just pop back into place when I run my hand through them. However, my top layers are almost naturally straight (weird...). Maybe that makes a difference, really only my bottom most layer has a few curls in it, the rest is wavier.
    I know hair type doesn't matter much, but sometimes my hair makes me wonder, lol....
    curly hair and proud (:
  • wavyRwavyR Posts: 129Registered Users
    i can. i'll just be rockin' a fro afterwords.
    2b/c, med./coarse texture, med./high density & mod. porous /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FwavyR%2F" class="Popup
    LOVE tresemme naturals, suave pomegranate, ecostyler, HESMU, BRHG, KCCC, CIAB, CCCClite, KY Jelly & JCN&S. HATE soy protein.

event.png