We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I think I've hit the weight wall

mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
I'll be 52 this April (I don't say that out loud very often) and haven't had a period in about a year. All my life i've been between 125 and 132 pounds. Once I got up to 139 about 5 years ago, but I lost it after quitting orange juice smoothies every morning.

But now I'm consistently at 139 and my eating hasn't changed at all. I'm probably eating a little less and eating well.

Is this the point where i'm just going to gain weight regardless of what I eat and I have to seriously kick up the exercise regimen? I do yoga 1-3 a week and walk probably 6 miles total, but i'm not losing the weight. 137-139 may not sound like a lot but I have a small frame and my butt is getting out of control. I saw back fat yesterday for the first time ever... :( I'm not used to this!
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,757Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat.
    I'm 53 and I've weighed around 115-125 all of my adult live. But thanks to hormones/thryoid/age/whatever I'm now stuck around 145 and cannot shake it. I eat right, I exercise and it just stays there.
    Besides the thyroid I'm very healthy (sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) and my doctor says I'm in good shape. But then I look at those weight/bmi indexes and they all tell me I'm overweight. And it bugs me.
    Some pluses - I got to buy a whole new wardrobe. And I have bigger boobs now. : ) But I'd still like to drop some of this excess baggage.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    I am 52 and in the past year I have gained an easy
    ten pounds. I have a gut and I have never had a gut before. I have tried dieting but it does not seem to
    help. I think menopause has caught up with me. I read someplace that women gain around 12 pounds during menopause. Menopausal women, is there
    a way to lose weight?
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,481Registered Users Curl Novice
    I read somewhere that a lot of the weight women gain during menopause is due to losing muscle mass. So supposedly doing more weight resistance workouts should help. Time to dust off those dumb bells!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drnorthrup.com%2Fbookstore%2Fnorthrup_products.php%3Fproduct_id%3D238" class="Popup

She has several great books regarding menopause, man made treatments, natural treatments, weight gain, mood swings, and all sorts of various information.....
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file