I think I've hit the weight wall

mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
I'll be 52 this April (I don't say that out loud very often) and haven't had a period in about a year. All my life i've been between 125 and 132 pounds. Once I got up to 139 about 5 years ago, but I lost it after quitting orange juice smoothies every morning.

But now I'm consistently at 139 and my eating hasn't changed at all. I'm probably eating a little less and eating well.

Is this the point where i'm just going to gain weight regardless of what I eat and I have to seriously kick up the exercise regimen? I do yoga 1-3 a week and walk probably 6 miles total, but i'm not losing the weight. 137-139 may not sound like a lot but I have a small frame and my butt is getting out of control. I saw back fat yesterday for the first time ever... :( I'm not used to this!
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,354Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat.
    I'm 53 and I've weighed around 115-125 all of my adult live. But thanks to hormones/thryoid/age/whatever I'm now stuck around 145 and cannot shake it. I eat right, I exercise and it just stays there.
    Besides the thyroid I'm very healthy (sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) and my doctor says I'm in good shape. But then I look at those weight/bmi indexes and they all tell me I'm overweight. And it bugs me.
    Some pluses - I got to buy a whole new wardrobe. And I have bigger boobs now. : ) But I'd still like to drop some of this excess baggage.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : /  https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Posts: 392Registered Users
    I am 52 and in the past year I have gained an easy
    ten pounds. I have a gut and I have never had a gut before. I have tried dieting but it does not seem to
    help. I think menopause has caught up with me. I read someplace that women gain around 12 pounds during menopause. Menopausal women, is there
    a way to lose weight?
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,483Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I read somewhere that a lot of the weight women gain during menopause is due to losing muscle mass. So supposedly doing more weight resistance workouts should help. Time to dust off those dumb bells!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    http://www.drnorthrup.com/bookstore/northrup_products.php?product_id=238

She has several great books regarding menopause, man made treatments, natural treatments, weight gain, mood swings, and all sorts of various information.....
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file