Transitioning-Awkward Phase

iRoqueiRoque Registered Users Posts: 7
Greetings All!
So before I begin im like a 3b/3c
I just BC'd Feb.22
I once had beautiful curls with a mom who was tired of detangling my hair so she relaxed it. Last relaxer was about 2 yrs ago. (sry dnt really remember the date just knew i was done with relaxers)
Tried the texturizers...i liked em but they made my hair wavy and dry...not good
so i stopped getting those about 1yr ago. My hair has always been long (shoulder length was the shortest every)....so wen i BC'd a week ago I only cut about 2 inches off...if that

my problem: my hair has a mind of its own. in th back of my head closest to the hair line..my hair has beautiful curls!!! in the crown of my head....ITS A HOTT MESS!!! I dont know if its because I chopped my hair off myself and may have messed up the hair? of if its just my hair being weird and crazy as usual...(even with straight hair i always had a problem growing out tht part of the crown)

I have a big forehead so bangs are a must for me! (on most occasions atleast) so I also have bangs...
since i use to flat iron my bangs so much (on high heat) they are straight and hardly have any curl...

So overall my head looks a mess daily!!!
Im so over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill probably go to my salon and get her to cut it again (curly of course)

I am open to ideas about wat to do with that crown section!!! as well as some ideas on hairstyles to hide my bangs! When I get a chance ill upload photos of my head so yall can see the nightmare I face...

BTW i just ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink] and Curling Custard, so I'm anxious to see how they work on my weird hair..
Ive also used (currently still using) mixed chicks...I think its ok...but it still makes my hair hard and does nothing for the natural curl pattern of my head.

ok sorry for the looooooong post...I had to vent! lol

Comments

• iRoqueiRoque Registered Users Posts: 7
    iRoque wrote: »
    Greetings All!
    So before I begin im like a 3b/3c
    I just BC'd Feb.22
    I once had beautiful curls with a mom who was tired of detangling my hair so she relaxed it. Last relaxer was about 2 yrs ago. (sry dnt really remember the date just knew i was done with relaxers)
    Tried the texturizers...i liked em but they made my hair wavy and dry...not good
    so i stopped getting those about 1yr ago. My hair has always been long (shoulder length was the shortest every)....so wen i BC'd a week ago I only cut about 2 inches off...if that

my problem: my hair has a mind of its own. in th back of my head closest to the hair line..my hair has beautiful curls!!! in the crown of my head....ITS A HOTT MESS!!! I dont know if its because I chopped my hair off myself and may have messed up the hair? of if its just my hair being weird and crazy as usual...(even with straight hair i always had a problem growing out tht part of the crown)

I have a big forehead so bangs are a must for me! (on most occasions atleast) so I also have bangs...
    since i use to flat iron my bangs so much (on high heat) they are straight and hardly have any curl...

So overall my head looks a mess daily!!!
    Im so over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ill probably go to my salon and get her to cut it again (curly of course)

I am open to ideas about wat to do with that crown section!!! as well as some ideas on hairstyles to hide my bangs! When I get a chance ill upload photos of my head so yall can see the nightmare I face...

BTW i just ordered [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink] and Curling Custard, so I'm anxious to see how they work on my weird hair..
    Ive also used (currently still using) mixed chicks...I think its ok...but it still makes my hair hard and does nothing for the natural curl pattern of my head.

ok sorry for the looooooong post...I had to vent! lol

i created a fotki...enjoy
    http://public.fotki.com/iRoque/
  • hamptonsfnsthamptonsfnst Registered Users Posts: 106
    How often do you DC, moisturize and seal, and cowash? Definitly discontinue your use of flat irons if you haven't already. You can try wearing buns, braidouts, twistouts, bantu knotouts and many other protective styles. Check out Youtube for instructions and additional style ideas. My favorite channels are CurlyChronicles, PrettyDimples01, Chisellecouture, Mahoganycurls and check out www.curlynikki.com for Nikki's tutorial for twist n curls. HTH
  • PinkPearlsPinkPearls Registered Users Posts: 36
    I agree with hamptonsfnst about the deep conditioning. When you DC, apply heat or steam, and try to DC often. Also, Styles like braid outs and twist outs will mask the different textures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file