Please help me with hair color being CG

only1frenchyonly1frenchy Registered Users Posts: 58
Can someone please tell me how to color my hair if im praticing the curly girl method! all over the counter hair color has sulfates or silicones....is this ok in hair color! please help!!!
Follow my Blog: www.curliefries.com
Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/only1frenchy/
Last relaxer: Aug. 2006
BC: Feb. 2008
CG: 1/17/10

Comments

• CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    Outside of henna/indigo, I don't think any color is CG-approved.

But if the main concept behind CG is to attain the healthiest hear possible via the elimination of particular ingredients, as it were, then you're a step ahead. Because healthy hair will suffer less damage. So you'll have to deviate from the CG path for one haircolor application, but thereafter your continued CG sticktoitiveness will not only help maintain the health of your hair, but it will also help you milk your color for all its worth -- meaning you'd theoretically have to color it less frequently.
  • only1frenchyonly1frenchy Registered Users Posts: 58
    @CurlyToast, really!!!!

ok thank you so much for your help, I have no idea how to do henna at all. This is going to be interesting! lol
    Follow my Blog: www.curliefries.com
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/only1frenchy/
    Last relaxer: Aug. 2006
    BC: Feb. 2008
    CG: 1/17/10
  • clownpantsclownpants Registered Users Posts: 4
    I haven't colored my hair in 3 months and am sorely tempted every time a new kit comes out (such as now with Garnier Herbashine!)....
    but since going CG I've resisted so i don't mess with my perfectly shiny new growth, of a color I haven't seen in years....Love your own hair for as long as possible!
    I've investigated henna but it's a huge hassle compared to box kits, I'd rather keep my hair virgin!

Hair type: 3a (porous & chemically damaged)........... CG (since Feb2010)
    cowash: Nature's Gate Herbal or Suave Coconut ~~ rinse: Garnier Triple Nutrition ~~ leave: Nature's Gate ~~ gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    I used to henna -- and I loved it -- but as my hair got longer I had to stop. By the time it was skimming my shoulders the weight of it, while rinsing (which takes for-freaking-ever, as it's basically a mudpack) in the shower was giving me awful headaches. Not to mention the only convenient time to do it was overnight, so scratch one night of good sleep . . .

It was really great with my hair: relaxed my curls but made my hair super soft and shiny so that, instead of definition, I had very densely compacted waves -- almost like fingerwaves on steroids. I miss it, but 2 days of headache every 4 weeks just wasn't worth it. Boo.

I would totally recommend it, though. And you're welcome, O1F! :toothy6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file