Homemade Ice Cream

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
This recipe was recieved "word of mouth", so it's not in actual "recipe form". When you put the leftover ice cream in yor freezer, it doesn't get hard like most homemade ice creams do. It stays creamy! I think the pudding mix keeps it from freezing hard. And I have no idea who George is! biggrin.gif

George's Homemade Ice Cream

Break 5 or 6 eggs (depending on size) into a mixing bowl. Beat until they REALLY rise. Add one can condensed milk, 2 cans evaporated milk, and one small box of french vanilla instant pudding mix. Add your favorite flavoring. (2 T. vanilla for vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate, fruit, etc.) Finish filling the ice cream freezer to the fill line with regular whole milk. Freeze according to your freezer's directions.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    That sounds so yummy! I wish there were recipes that you could make without an icecream freezer--I don't have one! Do you know of any Peppy? Wonder if it can be done without a freezer? biggrin.gif

Sandy smile.gif
    I don't think this would work without a freezer. My freezer was a gift so I don't know how much they cost. I bet they're pretty cheap. I don't have a recipe for ice cream without the freezer. frown.gif
    I've seen the ice cream makers at Target for under $60 in the blender/toaster/coffee maker section. I am going to invest in one because we eat enormous ammounts of ice cream it gets so expensive!

Spunky
    Peppy, I have a question. Have you ever tried this with chocolate pudding to make super chocolate ice cream? I love homemade chocolate ice cream.
    I can't wait to try this biggrin.gif
    Nope...never used chocolate pudding, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. biggrin.gif
    bump!
    Thanks Peppy...can't wait to try all this stuff out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file