Books you're embarrassed you read and liked!

2»

Comments

• NorthCoastLadyNorthCoastLady Posts: 230Registered Users
    The first Kushiel trilogy by Jacqueline Carey. Not because they were badly written or anything, far from it. Carey is an incredible writer. The storyline and characters were wonderful. It's just that ...they were kind of smutty, lol. Downright kinky, to be honest. I wouldn't recommend them to my mother, or even a teenager. I probably wouldn't recommend them to anybody unless I was sure the person wouldn't get uncomfortable or offended by- shall we say... alternative intimate practices. ;)
    2a in the front/sides, 2b in the back.
    Highly porous, dry, fine, low elasticity
    Currently experimenting- I'm on a mission to eventually use all homemade products for my hair!
    CG since July '10.
    co-wash with White Rain Energizing Citrus
    Using coconut oil on ends nightly
    styling with aloe vera gel
    DT once a week with mayo, egg, olive oil.
    Focusing on scalp and hair health first, then length.
  • NorthCoastLadyNorthCoastLady Posts: 230Registered Users
    amaliru wrote: »
    For me, the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, because I inexplicably fall in love with children's books.

Oh, is that series about the cats? My daughter reads those and is a huge fan! Those are GREAT kids' books!
    2a in the front/sides, 2b in the back.
    Highly porous, dry, fine, low elasticity
    Currently experimenting- I'm on a mission to eventually use all homemade products for my hair!
    CG since July '10.
    co-wash with White Rain Energizing Citrus
    Using coconut oil on ends nightly
    styling with aloe vera gel
    DT once a week with mayo, egg, olive oil.
    Focusing on scalp and hair health first, then length.
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    kat180 wrote: »
    amaliru wrote: »
    For me, the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, because I inexplicably fall in love with children's books.

I find 'teenage' adventure books some of the best out there. I get bit bored with some 'adult' books lol

Probably why Harry Potter and Percy Jackson are and always be some of my fav books ever (along with Meg cabot!)

I got a new bookcase this weekend so I organised all my books finally in one place- I have 28 books by meg Cabot! Its a very pink section lol

I LOVE Meg Cabot. I'm slowly working on my own personal collection but keep ILLing a ton of her books (my local library is shockingly lite on her catalog). One of my prize possessions is a copy of Princess Forever autographed by her my cousin gave me as a maid of honor present. I also follow Meg on Twitter. I love her tweets, she totally seems like the type of person I'd be BFF's with.

I've been very addicted to YA fiction lately, though there's a lot of supernatural out there that is getting way old. I just read Going Bovine by Libba Bray and loved it.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Trashy trashy bodice rippers like

'Ransom my heart' by Meg Cabot and, worse, Judith Mcnaught books with titles like 'Whitney my love'. Gag.

In fact I don't really like these, they irritate me, but sometimes you just need to read some really trashy, pathetic, sappy book like that, full of tiny beautiful, kind heroines who need a bad tempered, older, dark and brooding (who is naturally a sex god in bed), man, who they reform. I hate these books, the story is always the same, and the characters awful, but... I do admit to owning a few and reading them occasionally when I feel the need *blush*
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    New2NoPoo wrote: »
    A knight In Shining Armour by Jude Deveraux I LOVED this book

I read this one. :hello2: I liked it, too!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • Vanessa24Vanessa24 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys Super Mysterious. Written at the height of 80s cheesiness, but so so good. Seriously considered wrapping them in some type of paper while out in public....
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Percy Jackson books are aimed at boys? Please don't tell that to my 9-year-daughter, who thinks they are the best books EVER! I liked them, too, though not nearly as much as I liked the Harry Potter series.

I read a lot of books that are recommended to me by my kids. I like a lot of books that are aimed at older elementary school kids and tweens. Books for adults often have too many extremely disturbing scenes of violence. Some of my favorite books that are aimed at kids are:

the Books of Ember series- Jeanne DuPrau
    Olive's Ocean- Kevin Henkes
    Elsewhere- Gabrielle Zevin
    Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac- Gabrielle Zevin
    If I Stay- Gayle Forman
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Twilight series

Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Jackie Collins' books

Shopaholic series

Bergdorf Blondes & the Debutante Divorcee by P. Sykes

I LOVED the Shopaholic series....I started reading it years ago. I'm embarrased that I'm waiting for the release of the lastest edition....

I'm embarrased to admit that I'm a HUGE Anita Blake series fan. I've read and own all 19 books.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Vanessa24 wrote: »
    Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys Super Mysterious. Written at the height of 80s cheesiness, but so so good. Seriously considered wrapping them in some type of paper while out in public....

I stalked the library for these books as a kid. Let's not forget the Babysister's Club either!
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MadHatter89MadHatter89 Posts: 18Registered Users
    All of the Harlequin books that I read. It started when I was in a train station and I was talking with some lady and mentioned that I had forgotten my boos at home. She let my read one of her Valentine edition anthologies, and I loved this novella called "Chocolate Kisses." (I know, cheesy, right?) She let me have that book, and I've managed to make my Harlequin "library" larger since then. I read quite a few when I have the time. Don't tell anyone! :eek:
    Verity wrote: »
    Percy Jackson books are aimed at boys? Please don't tell that to my 9-year-daughter, who thinks they are the best books EVER! I liked them, too, though not nearly as much as I liked the Harry Potter series.

I read a lot of books that are recommended to me by my kids. I like a lot of books that are aimed at older elementary school kids and tweens. Books for adults often have too many extremely disturbing scenes of violence. Some of my favorite books that are aimed at kids are:

the Books of Ember series- Jeanne DuPrau
    Olive's Ocean- Kevin Henkes
    Elsewhere- Gabrielle Zevin
    Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac- Gabrielle Zevin
    If I Stay- Gayle Forman

HEY! PERCY JACKSON IS NOT FOR LITTLE BOYS!!! *shakes fist*

OK - maybe the were originally intended for them but I think they are brilliant and they are my favorite books in the world (in fact I mostly just read 'teenage' fiction and I don't care lol)

Also I have a bad habit of getting book crushes on characters *cough* Percy Jackson being one of them! *ahem*
  • J5babyJ5baby Posts: 49Registered Users
    Although im not embarrassed i still hav my 30+ collection of Goosebumps books that i had read all in one summer as a kid. Im a college student and i still keep them on my bookshelf but i cant seem to let them go, even though i havent read them in so long.

Sent from my Garminfone using CurlTalk App
    PhotoshopLovelyOnecopy-2.jpg
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well I've just started _Lover Unleashed_ by J.R. Ward today.

J.R.Ward - The Black Dagger Brotherhood, Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened

I think I've posted my shame of them here before?... so as of today, I've read and/or listened to all of the BDB books. Some more than once.:happy4:
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    I have fallen for the twilight madness as well and I really like them. I have even seen the movies but I go alone and to the midnighy showings. lol.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • missfishlipsmissfishlips Posts: 3Registered Users
    For some reason I'm ashamed of most chick lit..I love reading it but hate carrying around this big pink book with a large glittering picture of a shoe on it ha ha

Sent from my MB860 using CurlTalk App
    I've got some does-it's-own-thing 3B hair!

Big fan of curl-activating creams (to balance the mostly-3B with some wannabe-4ish hair). Not such a fan of gels (it makes it crispy and dry, then I start playing with it, then it gets frizzy, then I get frustrated and start looking for scissors...)

Always wished I could have bangs and I'm attempting them this evening. Wish me luck! :D
  • Honey BeeHoney Bee Posts: 4Registered Users
    lol....I thought I was the only one. Books with high heels, rings and pink covers make me blush. However, sometimes I need something to read that's just easy, flowery and fun!
    "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    Get a Kindle! No one will ever know what you're reading! Best gadget I've ever owned and best gift from hubby!

I'm embarrassed to say that I seem to be interested in vampire books. Not sure where that came from, but it started last Spring :|

And since getting my Kindle, I've been reading a lot of independent authors, not ashamed of that, just sharing :D

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
  • JC's MorenaBronxMamiJC's MorenaBronxMami Posts: 80Registered Users
    Any sex book. I like to stay informed, but I really don't want anyone to know that I have a good stash of "sex" manuals. I made the mistake of leaving a copy of "Yummy Sex" in the bathroom when I still lived at home, and my Mom found it! :angel9:
    I STILL LOVE my steamer! :toothy4:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:D Keeping it simple...
  • Honey BeeHoney Bee Posts: 4Registered Users
    @MontrealLady... a Kindle is a good idea. I download free audiobooks from my local library onto my IPod. I've listened to several of the vampire books including the Twilight and House of Knight series. I'm listening to one now called "Blood Oath: The President's Vampire."

Lol....kinda cheesy but still fun.
    "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    I loved the Sookie Stackhouse ones. Just read an independent author's series, loved it. Her name is Amanda Hocking.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Honey Bee wrote: »
    @MontrealLady... a Kindle is a good idea. I download free audiobooks from my local library onto my IPod. I've listened to several of the vampire books including the Twilight and House of Knight series. I'm listening to one now called "Blood Oath: The President's Vampire."

Lol....kinda cheesy but still fun.

wow..will have to check that out! :lol:
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    He's just not that into you.

Yea I know....... lol

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i gave all my goosebumps books to my younger relatives, after i reread them all!

i love vc andrews! when i saw flowers in the attic, which is not much like the book, i had to read the book! i was like 7 or 8 i think. my mom never read the book so she had no idea!

Can you imagine a 7 year old walking around reading that book! after that i was hooked! I was devestated to find out the newer books weren't written by her because she was dead!! you can so tell the difference between vc andrews and the ghost writter andrews.
  • J5babyJ5baby Posts: 49Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »
    i gave all my goosebumps books to my younger relatives, after i reread them all!

i love vc andrews! when i saw flowers in the attic, which is not much like the book, i had to read the book! i was like 7 or 8 i think. my mom never read the book so she had no idea!

Can you imagine a 7 year old walking around reading that book! after that i was hooked! I was devestated to find out the newer books weren't written by her because she was dead!! you can so tell the difference between vc andrews and the ghost writter andrews.

lol I love VC Andrews as well. My mom has been reading vc andrews since before i was born. I started reading them when I was like 10. I've only read the Orphans series, which i love so much. I've read them probably a few times each :D
    PhotoshopLovelyOnecopy-2.jpg
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Stephanie Plum series (most of it)
    About 8 or 9 Danielle Steel books
    The Devil Wears Prada
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    nm
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kept by caroline Faulkner an independent author :giggles

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file